It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Atheist Thrashing Service

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

Originally posted by riley

Your default pic is SLANDER. I have not been stalking you. BW posted a link to your page via a comment.. NOT ME.

That is an outrigtht lie riley!

I posted a link to MY Page not Ashleys.

You posted to a comment from ashley which linked to her profile. It really isn't that hard to understand. YOU provided the link.

You stalked her from my page by looking at her comments to me... then you went through a lot of trouble to read all her comments to find the one you posted which was no big deal anyway.

Pretty obvious you were discussing dramas [/members] on ATS.. of course people are going to click and see the other side of the conversation YOU were in fact bragging about. That is not stalking.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
It's not slander, Riley.
But if it makes you feel better I will change it back. I thought it was funny.

I think creating a whole new avatar is was alot of effort to go for someone who was apparently stalking you.
Thankyou for removing it however.. I have now removed the link to your profile.. even though BW already gave it..

[edit on 22-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

It's completely silly. I just will not riley get away with lying like that. I never posted a link to Ashleys page. Just mine. riley went from there on a mission. :shk:

Yeah the "Wraith Ascendant" song is till posted there too.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This stops now.

The topic of the subject is what needs discussion...not other posters

2d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in immediate termination of posting privileges

Terms And Conditions

There are enough violations here already. I strongly suggest that everyone take a breather and not push the envelope any further.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
*EDIT*

Some things in life aren't worth it. Toodles...

[edit on 4/22/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You got that right!

This whole "god" thing seems to be a pain in the butt for anyone who doesn't follow the "flock"

Baaaaaaah!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Wow, that's a shame that she(?) was banned. That was a great post and a lot of truth was in it.

I find it hard to believe that post got her banned, but I wouldn't doubt it. In almost every board I've been on someone has been posted for being too honest (and often, too correct) for people to handle.

reply to post by riley

Did you get accused of "forum stalking" too? I had never heard of it. I got accused because I made a post about yellow journalism.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Geeeeeee...........
More factionalistic fun.

My side is completely right and never does anything wrong oh no.
Their side is evil and against us and seek to destroy us.

Too bad both sides claim that.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

What's the difference between an atheist and a Christian?

Atheists suck and Christians blow.

(stolen from Lewis Black on republicans v democrats).

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

LoL!!!!!!
In the big scheme of things both sides are more alike then they care to admit.
The extremes of both sides are committed to convincing everyone else they are right. Both sides have a belief with very precious little beyond that to back that up. Both sides believe they are persecuted, which I find kinda funny. Both sides would do well to learn the meaning of "live and let live".

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Yes, live and let live. One of my favorite phrases - besides live and let die!!

I think you are right. It's just another one of the those touchy subjects that sometimes gets taken too far, and then everyone gets offended.

It's a shame that lady(?) someone was talking about earlier had to get banned for it, though.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Well like Ashley said, we don't know exactly the full story.
So to pretend otherwise is rather silly.
Otherwise why haven't you been banned?
Or Madness?
Or any number of others?

And her typing was abysmal.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Hey, I'm no atheist. Strictly agnostic. I'm not cocky enough to say that so many previous geniuses who believed in God were wrong. Einstein believed in God, along with Copernicus, and others. I don't know about Hawking?

I suppose she could have said something in a U2U, but it's not really my business. Most of the mods on here and, from what I've seen, so are the 3 big guys. I find it hard to believe she would get banned from expressing an opinion, though I definitely believe her opposing views in this forum should have been welcomed (as long as she's not making it personal).

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

You do seem to strongly favor that side at times as opposed to one who is unsure.
Either way.
Highly doubt that why that's person was banned.
Though there is a strong inference from yourself in particular that is the why of it even if we have no clue as to the situation surrounding it. Just that whoever that was posted once and was later banned.

How do we know it was a she anyway?

*Note: Please note I said seems not that you do.*

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I probably do. I stick up for the science side of things more, just because I don't like to see science get attacked.

Science, as flawed as it can sometimes be, does way more good than harm. If anything, science may one day have a substantially proven theory of ID.

As much as I stick up for science and atheists, you'll never catch me say there is no God. Only that these things need to stay out of schools, government, and policy.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You see.
Right there is the problem.
Atheism is not science and you treat it as many does as the exact same thing.
Sure a lot religious boneheads have decided science is bad because of jsut such attempt to marry atheism to science.
But science is a tool and has precious little if anything real to say about the existence of such a being as such a being transcends the physical world which is where science is locked, the physical world.

Too many atheist like to pretend this is not so and call their beliefs science and fact when it just simply is not so.

Case in point: theories about reality being nothing but a simulation are called science.
Anything from a spiritual standpoint is called pseudoscience.
Do you not see the pure silliness of that and the obvious attempts to make science a purely atheistic stomping grounds?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Well, I don't really pander to atheists, just that I don't agree with some things said to discredit atheists.

For instance, I happen to believe there was definitely some form of evolution. Whether it factors in with ID or not, I definitely believe we evolved.

Sometimes it seems like people ignore actual history, not you per se, just others. I just want to tell him to go to a Museum so they can view real history.

It has little to do with atheists, I just happen to agree with science more than religion - though I do not say that religion is wrong (I just don't follow it, and I can't understand it). And while some atheists may use pseudo-science, or in fact be pseudo-scientists, I don't let that factor into my judgment.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I agree we evolved. I think the thought that we didn't come from simians little more than "humans gotta be special" BS that humanity so loves to use. Which also exists to some point in science.

I just happen to agree with science more than religion

You speak once again as if science=atheism with this statement man.
Science has no information from which to make such calls and we both know that.
Atheism and religion is at odds that much is painfully obvious, we both know all one has to do to confirm that is look around this forum.
But religion and science is NOT, hell you have men of the cloth that are scientists, I am pretty sure the Vatican to name one group that employs such people.

Please correct me if I am wrong but you seem to think of the literal approach to "holy" writ as religion when that is simply NOT the case man. The literal approach is just a facet that even certain "religious" people find turn their stomach.

But your statement seem to repeatedly say that is religion. When it is once again simply not the case.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

No, I'm just saying that I happen to agree with science, which is often the side that atheists take. Due to that, it appears I am defending them or taking sides, when in actuality, I'm just defending science.

I don't star their posts, and PM them and say "Oh great job you really ownzored that Christian".

Christians use scripture, and the smart one's use scripture and science. Atheists use logic and science - no matter how pseudo it is.

Sometimes I'll hear something like, "Evolutionists are gullible", and that sparks me to get in on it. Evolutionists are not atheists, they are people who believe in a scientific theory.

So I jump in against the Christian members in that thread who are tearing into evolutionists, so it appears I am siding with atheists, when in all reality, I'm siding with evolution.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Sort of like when you wantonly misinterpreted my U2U and proceeded to insult as if I said anything as blatantly stupid as you wanted to pretend I said?

And how is it atheists use logic when they have absolutely no real concrete proof to their beliefs? Just like theists. And a lot of the good ones will tell you just that.

You seem to frame Atheists as if they are more than what they are.
They have a belief just like the theists.
They just like to pretend theirs are closer to the truth through science.
When as we have been over science doesn't have anything to say on such things.
Well not much.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by WraothAscendant]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join