It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Atheist Thrashing Service

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Thanks, Wraith. That is essentially what I was getting at. I never would have brought any of it up had MIMS not made a thread specifically stating the perceived problem. So, I wanted to help explain how it comes across to others.

If 99% of my posts and threads consisted of atheist topics or evolution, 99% of the people on my friends list were theists, and 99% of the people on my foes list were atheists, people would rightfully begin to wonder what my intention was here. They would also probably be confused as to why I could not understand why ATS atheists would not exactly want to give me a cyber hug every time they see my avatar floating around the boards or would approach me with hesitation.

So, when you see atheists (not specifically MIMS) have a preoccupation with religious topics and theists (typically in an antagonistic and condescending manner), it makes people start to wonder what is going on. Then when such theist vs. atheist barriers are created, people will take sides and site feuds begin.

Just helping out. As you said, I could care less what anyone believes and hold many members here in high regard who are not Christians. However, they lose my respect once they single me out as a person or single out other members due to their religious beliefs instead of simply seeing them as a person. And I am sorry, but looking at the at friends/foes lists, I cannot ignore the stark difference in ratios. That's all I'm saying.

I wasn't pointing it out to whine- it's none of my business. I was pointing it out to show that when things like that are done, they are going to be seen with suspicion and will appear biased and that they are the ones making it a line-in-the-sand alliance/adversary duel.

No atheist bashing agenda on ATS- simply, two groups being forced into positions of one against the other when we'd rather not be defined by our beliefs when it comes to our membership here.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to
post by AshleyD

Here's a little song to go with Ashley's new Avatar theme: Ashley Got Banned :shk:

Just to stay on topic, let me thrash the atheists...

[edit on 4/20/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Dinnstaar is one of the most well spoken and knowledgeable of forum members. I agree, I won't touch a religion topic here. Just too caustic. I am sad about majormalfunction's banishment. She irritated me at times but was brilliant most others. Sigh. I connected with her in a way. She must have spent a fortune on all the reason bran cereal she handed out. I miss her.

[edit on 4/21/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Like any other forum of ATS, BTS..There is one golden rule.
Don't go after the poster, go after the post.

As many have said, religious beliefs are core values. Deep seated, and ingrained into the fiber of ones being. This brings about a certain lashing-out when a set of beliefs is called into question.

I see people from the God-filled, and the God-less side of things saying some pretty mean things about each other. Purposefully hurtful. And it really sucks.

This is a place for discussion. For ideas, to be tossed around.
Not a playground situation where the children brag about how their daddy can beat up your daddy. Or maybe you don't even have a daddy?

No wonder the world shoots at each other over these issues.
At least here on BTS, our weapons are merely words.
Yet we still find ways of being hateful towards each other.

Get over the differences, all of you.
We're all people, and we all have something in common.
We're curious.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

...i've already called that image out, it's a ridiculous strawman

to dissect it:
1: nobody thinks the big bang came from nothing
2: nobody has inherently said there wasn't a direct cause for the big bang, we just have no way of knowing at the moment.
3: nobody has ever said it's an explosion unless they severely misunderstood the theory (it's an expansion)
4: magically?
5: the whole damn thing is the logical fallacy of reducto ad absurdium...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

it's a ridiculous strawman

Actually it's rather amusing... the only ridiculous strawman is you being a victim.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
How about some reconciliation in here, folks?

People have been offended on both sides, so let's admit both have been at fault and be mature enough to stop blaming each other.

Rather than 'believers against atheists' and vice versa, how about committing to premeditated mutual respect and appreciation, even if we are engaged in persuasive argument?

We're bound to step on each others' toes now and then. Perhaps a considered rebuke is sometimes in order too. But that doesn't mean to say we should squabble like kids!

(I'm pushing for the same attitude via the 'atheist chat' thread as well:

www.abovetopsecret.com... )

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to
post by AshleyD

Here's a little song to go with Ashley's new Avatar theme: Ashley Got Banned :shk:

..from there I found this:
edit. [deleted link to ash's page despite the fact that it was already linked to ATS and despite tha fact she's accusing people of stalking while already slandering them.]

Hey Ashley!! Gotta love that new tune hmmm? My good buddy Paul wrote the words a while back. I know our mutual friend Riley is my biggest fan now!!!!

God Bless You!!

Could you please NOT talk about me [especially by name] on myspace [or at least set it to private?]. I really couldn't care less if you do it privately but publically.. it's not only creepy but kind of proves that you guys have deliberately trying to gang up/cause trouble here.
Ease up on it.

As for the intentions of this thead.. IT'S IN THE RANT FORUM. Obviously it was to vent.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Why don't you try whining to the Mods at myspace? Maybe I'll lose some myspace points...

[edit on 4/22/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Hey, thanks for stalking me and posting my Myspace page here when you responded to Whammy posting a link to his. What did you do- poke through my comments finding something written from Whammy? It makes me feel all special. I've got cyber fans.

EDIT: I just had to switch my page over to private. Thanks, Riley. You made my Myspace logger go bonkers with all the new visitors. Oh, and I have your IP now. Cool. Maybe I'll Google Earth your house and post the photos to show you how it feels. Just kidding. I wouldn't do that to you. But how's the weather in Iowa?

[edit on 4/22/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by riley

Hey, thanks for stalking me and posting my Myspace page here when you responded to Whammy posting a link to his.

Nice try but BW is the one who posted to YOUR myspace comment about your possibly getting banned off ATS and it is IN YOUR PROFILE. [edit. Not anymore.
]I didn't force either of you to talk about ATS or it's members and quite frankly it's in really poor taste.

What did you do- poke through my comments finding something written from Whammy? It makes me feel all special. I've got cyber fans.

EDIT: I just had to switch my page over to private. Thanks, Riley. You made my Myspace logger go bonkers with all the new visitors. Oh, and I have your IP now. Cool. Maybe I'll Google Earth your house and post the photos to show you how it feels. Just kidding. I wouldn't do that to you. But how's the weather in Iowa?

Now you are REALLY creeping me out. I just asked for you NOT to talk about me on your pages.. you guys look as though you are conspiring and it's creepy.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I did not talk about you (other than my newly added default pic). The comment you posted was not written by me.

And, yes. I think we can agree for once. Following people around off of ATS is... creepy when it is used to hurt someone and not for friendly communication. It's not like I try to keep my page a secret and have several members from here on there but jeez.

Take care and thanks for invading my personal space.

[edit on 4/23/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

I did not talk about you (other than my newly added default pic). The comment you posted was not written by me.

I realise that.

And, yes. I think we can agree for once. Following people around off of ATS is... creepy.

I didn't.. I followed the link your friend BW posted.

YOU opted to not delete a comment about me on your myspace.. glass houses.

Though I will see if I can edit out the link.. seems a bit pointless though given BW already posted it. Why aren't you having a go at him for invading your privacy?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yeah I posted a link to a song on my music page. riley had to go through my comments and find you, then go to your page and search through your many comments to find that one about the atheism song. Which riley had previously posted about on ATS. Which was why I was talking about riley being my biggest fan. riley did love that Atheism song that night.... even accused me of not being like Jesus for the lyrics. Until I told riley they were from the Bible

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Um......
Don't you two find this whole argument rather silly?
*ducks and hides*

reply to post by Bigwhammy

hEh I still have the theme song you gave me.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

And, yes. I think we can agree for once. Following people around off of ATS is... creepy.

Your default pic is SLANDER. I have not been stalking you. BW posted a link to your page via a comment.. NOT ME.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

magically?

Apparently atheistic evolutionists believe in Harry Potter style magic. Even mel admitted there needed to be an initial "Poof" :shk:

The difference between you and me is I know personally who did the poofing and you refuse to humble yourself enough to even approach him with a question. He'll answer but not if you ask with a demanding attitude.

[edit on 4/22/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
WOW, you guys are freaking me out!
Crazy, I tell you, just crazy!

:shk:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Your default pic is SLANDER. I have not been stalking you. BW posted a link to your page via a comment.. NOT ME.

That is an outrigtht lie riley!

I posted a link to MY Page not Ashleys.

You stalked her from my page by looking at her comments to me... then you went through a lot of trouble to read all her comments to find the one you posted which was no big deal anyway.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
Um......
Don't you two find this whole argument rather silly?
*ducks and hides*

It's not 'silly.' It's downright stupid.

Really, I don't care, though. She simply found it because I am friends with BW on there, and you, and about ten other people from ATS. lol No biggie, really. She found it while going to Whammy's page when he linked it above. I don't really care, to be truthful. It's actually kind of funny.

Originally posted by riley
Your default pic is SLANDER. I have not been stalking you.

It's not slander, Riley.
But if it makes you feel better I will change it back. I thought it was funny.

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
I posted a link to MY Page not Ashleys.

Exactly. You didn't post anything to me. She had to go to yours, find me, then look through mine to find what you said. Anyways. I'm over it. I really don't care. Let's all move on and drop it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join