It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man to Merge With Computer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

No one hasn't been able to understand consciousness fully yet. So I think we're a long way from figuring out how to upgrade the brain.

Yeah definitely! There is no consensus!

But still, upgrading the brain isn't necessarily the same as upgrading the mind, especially in the event that they are actually two separate entities. What about a simple brain upgrade of enhancing the brain's ability to heal degenerative neurons? Or something to that affect?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Or, for example; making it so that we all have quantum computers in our heads?

I feel it's important to make a comment on how humans would adapt to this kind of dramatic change in our bio-structure - would we simply become a race of technologically dependant retards who cannot do a single thing whatsoever without the aid of machines?

e.g; we do this for a few generations, and we get so used to it all of a sudden we don't remember what it was like not having super-computers in our heads.

Kinda like with mobile telecommunication, or even the internet.

It would be interesting to see what would happen to a species with that amount of dependancy on something, for that something to suddenly be turned off.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

It would be interesting to see what would happen to a species with that amount of dependancy on something, for that something to suddenly be turned off.

*grins* EMP device LOL jokes

I'm all for this except I just hope they dont make mass telepathy a reality because I don't want people hearing my thoughts, and likewise I don't want to hear theirs!

<< 1   >>

join