It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton Poisoning our troops in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wnen I first viewed this video, well let's say I was blinded with anger!!! Isn't Halliburton's CEO, Dick Cheney??? www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Lets take the poison over there>> so we dont have to poison them Here?

It all fits nicely.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

This is what happens when a bunch of drunk Frat boys are allowed to profit at the expense of good hard working military men and women from the middle class and poor families. I hope the next administration taxes halliburton into oblivion.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Just ran into this... maybe or not Haliburton related, but figured I'd just put it here.

"Doctors Name Fever After Blackwater" www.lonestaricon.com...

Dated April 1, but I think it's legit... here's wiki on the source...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's not enough that our troops have to endure being shot at daily by insurgents . Our government can't oversee the safety of their water?? Profiting sure is UGLY !!!!

[edit on 3-4-2008 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Anyone know, if anything is being done???

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
In my opinion the man in the you tube video is all wet. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw his shifty eyed self.

I owned a community water system that supplied water to 700 people for many years. To operate a public water system the federal government requires the operator to be a certified operator. I am a 1st class certified drinking water operator.

Giardia, cryptospordium and legionella are the three main threats from untreated drinking water. Believe me if a soldier contracted any of these microorganisms he would be very ill in a short amount of time.

We used chlorine gas to treat our water. If samples were taken in the heat of the day the reading could possibly be almost null. That does not mean there isn't enough chlorine in the water to kill microorganisms. Residual chlorine reading vary according to the time of day and the temperature.

I am in contact with many military personal and also civilian contractors. I've not heard even one instance of illness due to water contamination.

Having worked in several third world countries where the water was very contaminated I have bathed in water that if ingested would/could cause sickness. You keep your mouth shut and your eyes closed when you shower or bathe. I never became ill from taking a bath in contaminated water. This does not include chemical contamination in water. That's another story.

Water purification is tricky under the best of circumstances. In a war zone it would not be an easy task.

What really set me off was the man saying he saw a "critter" in the lavatory. If you can see the '' critter'' the amount used in drinking water is not going to kill it anyway. If chlorinated water killed critters big enough to see with the naked eye most all cities would be wastelands as it would kill people too.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I know this is a little off topic, but do you know anything about the use of NaCLO2 (sodium chlorite) in the sterilization of drinking water? I thought it was a bit safer to use than chlorine gas. Maybe that could help.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by SevenThunders]

new topics

top topics

join