It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest Anomoly I've Seen on Google Sky! UFO?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If anyone is interested the artifact is close to HD112495 and HD114545 extragalactic objects (around there) according to sky-map.org... catalog.

Sometimes strange things happen for strange reasons, and if that was a non permanent glitch I would point my telescope around there and leave it all night in case it catches something out of the ordinary.

Saturn is around the corner too!

(don't know why I made this post. I just had to post something for the time I spend tracking the anomaly in sky-map)

[edit on 3-4-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
also you cant see GRB (gamma ray burst) with your eyes. they dont show up like a laser beam like the HULK would have you beileve. and if you did see it, you are probably dead, becaise you just got zapped with immense radiation. not cool. so much for turning green and giving the military hell

Excuse me. I don't mean to be rude, but you are incorrect. You can see a gamma ray burst with your eye, if you happen to be looking in the right place at the right time and the burst is big enough, close enough and/or powerful enough.

That's just fact. And it's been observed:
"Astronomers are familiar with seeing amazing things through their telescopes. But nothing prepared them for an incredible explosion detected early Wednesday morning by NASA’s Swift satellite. At 2:12 a.m. EDT, Swift detected an explosion from deep space that was so powerful that its afterglow was briefly visible to the naked eye."
www.nasa.gov...

I was simply theorizing on what might be in the image before I was able to access google sky. But the theory was solid, not knowing what the camera specs were.

It's especially possible to catch a gamma ray burst in a photograph taken from a telescope in orbit, which is what these images represent.

Hope that helps clarify.

-WFA

Edited for Italics

[edit on 3-4-2008 by WitnessFromAfar]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Had to chime in on this one myself.

Did anyone else notice that in the 'telescope mirror-reflection" artifacts, the lines in them always are aligned to the Google Sky N-S-W-E indicator?

Just caught my eye.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well I asked my astronomy professor and showed him the pic I printed and he said hes never seen anything like it and to get more info.But yea it is probably just a malfunction,but maybe not-who knows.

[edit on 4/4/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

It probably is a malfunction,but as for you claiming you can see GRBs with a naked eye and if you do you die,SO NOT TURE.Infact you could have seen one on March 21st of this year,it was the biggest GRB ever recorded(I think this was the one they dubed the "deathstar")Just because you are an "expert"at graphics does not make you and expert at astronomy.So next time you post have all your facts together
NASA

**this is in no way a flame,just a lil advice.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I just found another object almost identical to Odessy's:
s2.supload.com...
It's interesting that all of these anomalies have the same angle in the pictures.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a Borg rectangular ship, incredible.

i kid, great find OP, found anything else?

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Ramb0]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just fooling around
We had fun while it lasted. Now this thread died oh well.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
looking near to where one of the previous artifacts was found, I stumbled across this...

Proof that Pokémon exist?

Co-ordinates are:
-13.4088° 21.9598°

Edit: I got the coordinates back to front! Zoom in once you're there, past the little galaxy

[edit on 7-4-2008 by doogle]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cPrime
I just found another object almost identical to Odessy's:
s2.supload.com...
It's interesting that all of these anomalies have the same angle in the pictures.

That one IS similar. Hmmm Maybe it's a filament afterglow. I like that idea much more than it being a giant space worm.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I dont think anyone uses GS as a means of research...
but research is COMPLETELY different from stumbling across something unusual..
I, myself, would simply like to know what it is because it is unlike any other camera glitch I've seen...
Either way, I'll be more knowledgeable for it if we do find out what it is.
If not, then ok, nothing changes...

and yes, you sound very arrogant...

I disagree on your comment about research. One doesn't shut off other parts of their mind when focused on a particular project. Epiphanies are suprising because something in your brain just "clicks", and then all of the sudden one finds themselves on a new path of research and discovery.

This thread topic is a case in point albeit tangentally, we are learning (discovering, "researching the unkown to us") about optics and the annomalies they can produce.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The colour shift in the view of google earth is probably caused by the red, blue shift of a moving item whether it is a cellestial satellite or other and is cause by the rapid movement of the item
red is an item travelling away and blue shift is the item travelling towards us however, the unknown object is green this is caused by the object travelling towards us and we are travelling almost at the same speed in the same direction.
I've posted this to disprove UFO's however I do believe there is more life out there, as it would be very arrogant to believe we are the only intelligent life form in the universe and dimension.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Ok I've checked, I've already seen it, that's strange, you're right. please check -10.322823°,152.515326°

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

it looks like a nebula. and you know how nebulas come in all shapes colour and sizes.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
For some reason , everytime I try to veiw ANY of the links to the original topic of the post, its throwing up "this content has been deleted" or some such thing. Any advice?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
For some reason , everytime I try to veiw ANY of the links to the original topic of the post, its throwing up "this content has been deleted" or some such thing. Any advice?
It is probably because the Op is over 2 years old, friend; things seem to come and go with the passage of time, for everything does keep changing.

seeker

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I was scanning through google sky, as usual, marvelling at the universe, and i instantly caught eye of something in ursula major. Just checking if this is recent, because i dont remember seeing it before, the coords aaaaaaaaaare....

49.767465°
-30.068039°

any ideas what this is?

Peace

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Oooh just come across another quite close, this time red. its remnant of the edge of a film edge, hmm, curious. again, coords are,

49.767465°
-30.068039°

is the blue one..

50.354431°
-55.080037°

is the red one.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join