It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Fly on the Wall Could Be an American Cyborg Spy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That Fly on the Wall Could Be an American Cyborg Spy

www.foxnews.com

The newest recruits in the War on Terror are high-tech "flies on the wall." Scientists in the U.S. are fitting insects — and rats, moths, pigeons, bulls and even sharks — with special implants so they can be remote-controlled and deployed for surveillance.

So next time you think that is just a pesky ordinary moth munching on your favorite sweater, think again. It could be a cyborg spy.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You cant even trust the flies on your walls nowadays. Granted its for war on terrorism, but soon enough they can use it to watch us.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

And don't think they won't.

Wait'll they embed the same device in humans, oh wait...they probably already have.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
They are putting survelliance implants in Bulls
Did you guys catch that?...

Well I guess no 'terrorists' would expect that!

Next time you're eating a Six Dollar Burger from Carls Jr, know that the Government is watching you eat it

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think this whole thing is sick and inhumane. Controlling these helpless creatures with chips (that no doubt give them cancer) for survelliance is effectively taking away their lives. To the animals, we are the terrorists. Clearly.

I thought they had robotic insects for survelliance already anyways??

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Good post. I read this on the wires a couple of hour ago and thought about posting it because of the picture with the article. Did anyone notice the simularities between the wiring at the top of the cyborg fly and the dragonfly UFO pictures. Hmmmm, just wandering.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Now "even the walls have ears" will change into "even the flies have cameras/microphones"? And mosquito can both drink blood AND spy on me......... On more serious note - more gadgets , as i see it, means less usable information since it needs much more people to use/process/read what was processed. No one can spy on all the people. So it will be used only on those who "deserve" special treatment.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

Although this is disturbing to say the least. I find this HIGHLY disturbing.

with special implants so they can be remote-controlled

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sheeeesh. So ridiculous.

Yeah ok guys, have fun with your lil toys... I'm sure you'll get all kinds of valuable information spying on the 'terrorists'.

*edit* by the way, they can already listen through your cell phone... stories like this are just a distraction to the widespread spying that is already going on. They want to give us the 'james bond' factor when really, they've got the real hardware everywhere and it's nothing more than tiny microchips with transmitters.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
For one thing, who lets insects just freely crawl around their house? I mean if I see a fly, moth, bull, dolphin etc. in my house, it gets killed. I hope the government wants to watch the inside of my toilet bowl when I flush it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Now "even the walls have ears" will change into "even the flies have cameras/microphones"? And mosquito can both drink blood AND spy on me.........

Yeah, spy on you AND collect your DNA!!

Whoa!!

Keep a flyswatter handy, or your shoe, like that scene with the cockroach spy in The Fifth Element.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
they will spend millions of dollars in this research and more millions for implementation and operations. then the enemy respond by buying one of this at the 99cents store

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastamerica

Muhahahah

Or upgrade to the insect-killing candle for an additional dollar

Hehe too funny..

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It would never survive our 5 cats...

I saw somewhere that the Isreali Government where using that crap a few years ago...i'll try to find the article about it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beastamerica

Yeah, but that stuff won't work on remote controlled humans.

You don't really think that they won't find "other uses" for this technology do you?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This is the kind of thing that worries me. What happens next, who can we trust with these things. We will have constant stess of worrying about our privacy.

What happens when some ordinary people get their hands on this technology some day? haha.

Edit: Also this kind of technology needs to be in the right hands. I already have a hundred uses for it if I had my hands on it haha. Don't worry not girls showers. But imagine listening in on any conversation you desire. Imagine all the different things you can do.

With great power, comes great responsibility. That was once said to another powerful insect. haha

[edit on 2-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
You don't really think that they won't find "other uses" for this technology do you?

What if the planes on 9/11 were not the only things remote controlled? Scary technology if you ask me.

BTW. Why don't they do something useful with this and build prostetics with it? If they have figured out brains, nerves and muscle tissue.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gmac1000

Noooo!!!! I was on ATS yesterday and a HUGE (male?) mosquito was sitting on the wall, with clear view of the monitor. This is what humanism (mosquitism???) will get you. And i eventually didn't kill him but in a complex operation involving plastic bag and a paper let him go...To what - it's secret underground base probably!!!!!!
And i used to laugh when certain minister spent millions on a program to release sterile male flies to compete with regular ones years ago. I was wrong, all part of a big plan.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Yep, take blood or sweat samples that can be used against you.

Say they found something suspect in your "BioRead" that was interesting. You could be instantly detained for whatever cause they chose to manufacture.

"He has elevated levels of Adrenalin and Testosterone present, Must mean he's nervous and dangerous. Must be a terrorist...get 'em!"

I wonder how Legality would fare regarding information obtained through physical invasiveness.? Could it be considered in the case where a natural specimen would be physically invasive by nature such as a mosquito, etc.
Even if premeditated alternate uses for this action exist.

But...since they can already hear through walls, who cares about Robobugs!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by gmac1000

Noooo!!!! I was on ATS yesterday and a HUGE (male?) mosquito was sitting on the wall, with clear view of the monitor. This is what humanism (mosquitism???) will get you. And i eventually didn't kill him but in a complex operation involving plastic bag and a paper let him go...To what - it's secret underground base probably!!!!!!
And i used to laugh when certain minister spent millions on a program to release sterile male flies to compete with regular ones years ago. I was wrong, all part of a big plan.

The day will come when you realise that you should of killed that skitter...Mosquitos most go....

....all of them

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join