It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon: Colleges 'Must Hand Over Names'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by polanksi
If I ran a college or University I would make it my purpose to be anti-ROTC, anti-recruitment, anti-war and sell that to incoming students and their parents. I'm guessing there are plenty NGO's that would contribute to such a university. Giving them any information is quite unnecessary after all our military is "volunteer" but really haven't they all ready got all the information they need from the students high schools?

So, you're saying it's OK to recruit high school students, but not college students?

The military recruits everywhere. High school, college, grad schools, medical schools. Just depends on who they are looking for at that time.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

And they lie to try to get kids to sign up.

I had a Marine try to tell me it is safer in Iraq than in N.C. by using drunk driving statistics. If I was a bit more naive, I wouldn't have chuckled when he said it.

The least they can do is uphold the honor they supposedly have by being straight forward with people.

*Edited to add:

Many of them are worse than used car salesmen.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

NO I don't like recruiting at any level but they do get information from High Schools unless the student opts out. The problem is how many students know they can opt out? So I was saying they probable have most of the info anyways because students did not know enough to opt out in HS.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't think our gloriuos leaders want to take on an army of mothers who dedicated their lives to their sons by nurturing, instilling wisdom, protecting and going into debt up to to our eyeballs to make sure that they are educated and in a position to make a positive difference in the world.

I have had this converstion with a lot of other mothers...we're fierce about not letting any draft be brought back to life.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Many of them are worse than used car salesmen.

Nothing new there! Ask anyone that's ever enlisted and they'll agree!!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well I have a nice Canadian job lined up farming in central Alberta. Just waiting till I cant stand it any longer in the states to make the drive! Canadian girls are way better anywho.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
That's very scary, I really hope a military recruiter doesn't come knockin on my door. I'm just glad i live close to the border just incase there is a draft

It's just too bad that they've scapgoated the illegal aliens in order to convince people that we need to build a fence around the US in order to 'keep people out'.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thought
reply to post by biggie smalls

Furthermore, aren't you aware that the leading candidates right now want to END the war in Iraq?

HAHAHHAHAhahhahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahhahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahhahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahhahahHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahhahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahhahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahhahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahhahahHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahhahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahhahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahhahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAh ahhahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahhahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GET REAL

[edit on 3-4-2008 by JoeTheThird]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This isn't anything new really, colleges have been asked by recruiters to supply names and contact information of their students. only thing was the students could opt out of it. now if the army is saying that the colleges must hand over information, thats pushing it abit. it wont stand at all.

and everyone saying that there is going to be a draft needs to chill out. I've been hearing that for the past 7 years now. It is not going to happen. It will not happen. It would be political suicide for anyone who supports it. and for eveyrone who says that the justification for one would be that the country could be at stake... well... if things were that dire i doubt you'd have any problem getting people to willingly volunteer. Hell, i'd sign up

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Public universities, at least in Florida, generally make public the names and addresses of their students. While attending UF, I got pummeled with junk mail because of that very reason. If the military wants this information, then let them have it. Its not up to anyone else besides the students to decide whether or not they want to serve in our military.

Honestly, college is supposed to produce highly capable, intelligent, analytical thinkers. If they can't decide for themselves whether or not they want to serve, then perhaps VoTech might have been a more appropriate option.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
where do you draw the line ? - it is discrimination pure and simple - what if a college decided to ban reprentatives of the nuclear power industry because they [ the college govenors ] have a clean energy adjenda ?

is it not the right of the students to decide who they speak to - and make thier carreer choice ??

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeTheThird

Can someone edit or delete this guy's post so that it is not so annoying?

That would be awesome.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hahahaha.

I hope every single one of you, and your kids get drafted.

Mandatory 2 year enlistment should be required for the scum that sit in their prospective countries and complain about this and that while other people die for them in legal and illegal wars.

Illegal wars you say? Yeah. That's right. If there are no volunteers then there will be a draft, because the government is the country if you haven't figured it out yet. Flee to Canada if you wish, and watch your country die.

The people are just a tribe of ignorant apes who have no idea how to cooperate and work together.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

my 15 year old daughter came home from school about a month ago after having a careers talk by the army (we are in Northern Ireland) she was buzzing they promised her the world, a posting where ever she wanted put her through uni (she wants to be a dentist) good money, see the world but her dad and i are both ex military and we soon told her the truth but for that her friends were the same they all wanted to join up. there are so easy to brainwash at that age heck thats how they got me and my husband !!!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenebrous
reply to post by thought

I highly doubt any such war will ever happen in a nueculear world. I mean even WW2 the US was never in mortal peril at any point. Pearl Harbour was done by the Japanese simply to hurt America and buy them time to consolidate their gains in the Pacific before the US joined the war. The US had made it obvious they were going to join the war, just the American public was agaisnt intervention, so they forced the Japanese into attacking.

I agree with your whole post, except the first sentence which makes NO sense to me.
The war has already happened.
And if you mean a Draft for the war, it still makes no sense. When do you think the A-Bomb was created? Twas a 'nuclear world' since then. Vietnam was in a 'Nuclear World' therefore, and it did not prevent the draft.

Frankly, I don't see how the Nuclear Arsenal and the Draft are connected/ juxtaposed in any way. America has stopped dropping Nuclear weapons because it would immediately cause The World vs America. That's the only reason why, but it's a powerful one. Because if you end up in TW vs USA, you either get Nuclear Holocaust to win, or you lose. All the sub-Nuclear technology in the States cannot win a war versus the rest of the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join