It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stadium Visitor 'Told To Hit Delete Button' by Secret Service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Stadium Visitor 'Told To Hit Delete Button' by Secret Service

www.wusa9.com

WASHINGTON, DC (WUSA) -- Like a number of people without a ticket to the Nationals' game Sunday, Mark Butler stood outside the left field gate and watched some of the historic event from a distance. The Minnesota man carried a digital camera to capture the memories. For a member of the Uniformed Division of United States Secret Service, Butler captured too much.Advertisement

9NEWS NOW photographer Greg Guise was rolling when an officer approached Mark Butler. Butler said the officer demanded he delete any pictures that showed the security checkpoints set up to screen fans for the visit by President George Bush.

"It's kind of like not being in America," Butler said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say to this...People were recently contemplating on one of my threads whether they could make a citizens arrest on King Dictator-Decider---This ought to let you know the possibilities of that...When his henchmen are intimidating and bullying people into not even TAKING PICTURES around our Criminal Torturer in Chief, that should tel you the odds of anybody being able to bring him to justice.

More trampling of the citizenry by this thug and those who surround him.

www.wusa9.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Honestly, its the President his vitality is a National Security Issue. Any security measures in place to protect him are national security issues aswell and should be considered confidential. I could understand their request.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If he took pictures during the game, how is he gonna get them to anyone that wishes to do harm to the president after the president has already gotten through the checkpoints and to safety? more government abuse of power this is.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The checkpoint process (im assuming) is probably a standard operation performed at all public events the president is to attend.

If information was provided to the wrong people about the process and what to expect at public presidential events, it would endanger him.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
The checkpoint process (im assuming) is probably a standard operation performed at all public events the president is to attend.

If information was provided to the wrong people about the process and what to expect at public presidential events, it would endanger him.

While that does make sense, who needs pictures? If say, I want to harm the president, I can merely go to several events, and memorize and draw out the checkpoints, I don't need pictures. In fact, I would not want pictures, since in our society those pictures would warrant intent and therefore get someone arrested.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well for instance pictures could be used to analyze what sort of equipment the officers are issued to secure citizens entering the checkpoints, in order to find ways of circumventing said security devices.

Maybe to analyze accurate distance and circumferance of surveillance to determine how far you would have to be to escape said serveillance.

Im just a guy, but Im sure that para-military groups and/or terrorists could indeed use that information quite extensively.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I personally do not feel this is a major issue. The article states the S.S member told the man to delete the pictures concerning the security checkpoint. There was no reason for the man to be taking pictures of a security checkpoint especially when the president of the united states was attending the game.

Furthermore, the man was never asked to delete any pictures not pertaining to the checkpoint specifically.

new topics

top topics

join