It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Sorry for "Gayest Look" Crack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The Tonight Show host issued a statement Tuesday saying he was sorry for making a series of gay jokes at the expense of guest Ryan Phillippe last week.

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation blasted the remarks as "a misguided use of adolescent humor."

"We are proud of Ryan for refusing to participate in Leno's thoughtless attempt at humor," GLAAD president Neil G. Giuliano said in a statement. "Under the guise of comedy, the talk show host is demonstrating a lack of respect for the gay community and insensitivity to both his coworkers and the audience, to whom he owes an apology."

Leno apologised this week, stating: "I certainly didn't mean any malice. I agree it was a dumb thing to say and I apologize."

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Ag6W12cWDZRV822JIxrEPY1dDxkF

I believe that some people just spend all day every day looking to be upset by something. It wasn't a particularly funny or clever thing to say, but the GLAAD really just needs something better to do than watch TV looking for things to cry about.

Just for a second imagine Jay Leno asking Britnay Spears "let me see your best trailer park look" or better yet asking Obama "let me see your best Negro look". The uproar. Leno got away easy on this one.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

I am certain Ryan did not care for a few obvious reasons:

1. Jay is not funny
2. Jay is not intelligent-resourceful-but not intelligent (common mistake)
3. Jay is unimportant
4. Stupid people say stupid things
5. Jay is odd to look at- but that's where the humor ends

Jay apologized which is a nice thing to do and will always serve as a reminder that monkey can be trained.

Ryan is so much farther up the artistic food chain that I doubt he even knew until somebody pointed it out to him. If anything Ryan is more bothered that it was brought to his attention.

FYI- Anyone who is anyone in entertainment knows exactly what I am talking about. Working with Robert Altman puts you in the untouchables lounge where idiots like Jay are not even allowed in that building.

I say- Go buy another car Jay- that you can do as car salesmen think you are God. "Give them my best in Paramus"!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This goofy send-up of Jay Leno (the horse is Jay Leno) is far more entertaining than watching the real Jay Leno, except for his chin, (which I think should have it's own program)

new topics

join