It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews: Recession Talk Is Just 'Liberal Elements' Trying To Elect A Democrat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Source: RawStory.com
Steve Doocy of Fox and Friends took the idea of a media conspiracy one step further on Wednesday, suggesting that "there are some 'liberal elements' to the media and they are trying to get a Democrat in the White House."

In my opinion FoxNews is really going out on a limb trying convince the sheeple of this liberal conspiracy.

I argue that the US economy has seen no greater peril than the one we are now facing because of current conditions and policies.

Some of the major problems of the US economy are:
The Mortgage Crisis
The Credit Crisis
Oil Prices
Weakness Of The US Dollar
The Vanishing Middle Class
The Gap Between Rich & Poor
Bankruptcy Of Social Decurity & Medicare
Outsourcing Of Good US Jobs
US Trade Deficit
US Debt $9.4 Trillion

[edit on (4/2/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Nice find ASI. I have read in several reliable places, that Fox obtains talking points from the White House. They're trying to hide the extent of the sinking economy. This is not news, it's opinion and should be an opinion piece.

It's weird, because it's not just liberals talking about the recession, it's conservatives and people in between those 2 groups.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I watch Fox every night just to hear what the new spin is on everything! I don't believe any of it, but it does give me a few good chuckles once in awhile. Good find.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Quoting The Fox story from your link.

During the 2000 election, with Bill Clinton as president, the economy was viewed through rose-colored glasses. According to polls, voters didn’t realize that the country was in a recession....But over the last half-year, the media and politicians have said we were in a recession even while the economy was still growing

If that is the case then I would like to go back to the recession we were in with Clinton. Maybe Fox news has an extra pair of "rose-colored glasses" for me to use so I can see what they mean.

Expressing your personal opinion is one thing, trying to sell it as fact is another but this article goes beyond either of those. The worst part about this is that not very many people see this for what it is. How many times does it take to be lied to before people begin to believe that they are not telling us the truth?

....but then again, look at the date on the article....because it is a joke, right?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

FWIW: I posted this on the 1st.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join