It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autism and 2012 Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Autism is a Nuerological disorder that affects social and communication skills in the brain. It is estimated that 1 in 150 children born are diagnosed with autism. This number is increasing 10 to 17% every year. By 2012, one in every seven children will be diagnosed with autism by current estimates. My question is with all of the theories out there about 2012 and some saying there is going to be a great awakening in 2012 is this great awakening linked to autism? Will Children develop telepathic abilities and or a higher conscious since social and communication parts of the brain are affected? After all humans are the greatest evolving mammal of all time. Or is autsim part of the NWO?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm a little confused. Are you saying that the rise of autistic people is an indication of the rise of psychic talent being used?

The number of diagnosed-autism people is increasing because of a couple reasons. First, it is the number, and as population gets bigger in general, the 1 in 150 gets bigger too. Second, in this diagnosis-happy country, more people are being found out as autistic today, where before, they were overlooked. I think the movement for autism searches is brought on by pharmaceutical companies, beacuse they have drugs for treatment of symptoms of a diagnosis. The more people diagnosed, the bigger pool of sales. So in a way, some NWO happening there.

I don't think it is all children being diagnosed. There are more than a few grown people who are finding out that they have Asperger's Syndrome - also named high functioning autism - so the numbers, again, are they really only kids being diagnosed? Or are adults added to the numbers?

2012, 1 in 7 diagnosed? Where do you get that number, and how do you get the trend?

As for someone who thinks 2012 will be just another year, I don't see a correlation between modern science's definition of a type of person and the psychic talent dawn. It is wishful thinking. Happy Autism Awareness month.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I dont know, but I am firmly convinced that the media is trying it’s best too make us all insane. I can’t turn on the news without hearing about autism. Look, if your kid is autistic I feel for you. There is nothing I can do about it, but I feel bad for you. Who decides that this subject must be jammed down our throats 24 hours a day for a MONTH! Frankly I and most other people DON’T find autism that interesting. Of all the terrible diseases out there autism is low on the list. Cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and Parkinson’s all are much more important. Not too mention, HIV, and drug addiction. Man, I wish something terrible would happen someplace so we could move on! In a era of the 24 hour news cycle WE DONT NEED A AWARNESS MONTH....Maybe a awarness week.
But your idea at least take this in some kind of direction.......Please people lets keep this conversation going...I think that the higher rate is do to the fact we are coming to the end of our evolution.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Of all the terrible diseases out there autism is low on the list. Cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and Parkinson’s all are much more important.

Actually, you could use a dose of awareness; autism is not a disease. Way to offend an entire culture of autistics. Look at your list of diseases... everything you listed WILL KILL YOU. Autism does not kill.

I suppose this is more the fault of Autism Speaks and their propaganda than your own stupidity.

As the parent of an autistic child, this discussion is intriguing. I believe there are definitely telepathic communications going on with these children. I base this on my own experience.

My son plays best with other ASD kids, although, they don't really "play together" in the classic sense. When the neurotypical kids are around, all they do is whine: "What's he doing?" "What's he want?" "Why's he saying that?" blah blah. The ASD kids just know; I have even had a more verbal child on the spectrum (PDD) tell me what my son wanted (and he was right).

[edit on 20-1-2010 by thefallenacorn]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You know, this reminds me of kids who have psychic abilities. I have watched that show on A&E about psychic kids, and at times it brings a tear to my eye on how they were treated by their friends and even the psycologist that tried to treat them. They are treated as though they are mentally ill, and given drugs. And I have to tell you, if it were my kid, the psycologist would be made to take the drug also.

These kids are born aware, and nothing more. They are treated as outcasts and fools. I even had one of my best friends watch it one evening at my place, and he started in about how the kid has mental problems and should be treated for it. I point blank told him, that it wasn`t the kid who needed treatment, it was people like him that needed it for being so narrow minded and blind about all of this.

These kids are human, and have brought into this life something we all have, only many have not tapped into it yet. Some are even treated like they are possessed by demons, and this sickens me. Society is so all damn sure it knows it all, and believe me, it doesn`t, not by a damn site. Our society thinks that drugs are the answer for everything. We now need drugs for everything......and we wonder why our immune systems are shot to the point that we need to take more drugs just to cure a simple headache.

Instead of treating these kids as outcasts, they need to be taught how to build upon what they do have, and to use it for good.

Sorry if it looks like I was ranting, but this is something that needs to be addressed, and not overlooked.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
By using that kind of logic, you can link anything that is increasing in the last 10 years to 2012.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i have been diagnosed with autism 2 years ago. are you saying that people like me are part of what is believed to be the end of the world , i honestly think thats a little bit farfetched and also really ignorant off you , dont you think we have got it hard enough in our lives? we have it much harder to interact with other people and we also got many problems in school thanks to it, you must know that many kids with autism are in technical schools and professional schools (there are 4 kinds of schools in belgium and those 2 are the lowest kind they dont have as many possibilities to go to college and get jobs) because the "normal" schools dont really care about people with autism and i know because i used to go to such a school and now i am in a technical school. just as many other autistic kids i know

also the thing that more and more people are being diagnosed is thanks to the fact that people are recognising it as something we all need to know about and schools are starting to suggest autism tests to parents more faster then they used to.

but well if you believe that autistic people are here to predict the end of the world thats your opinion , one i dont share with you but it would be nice if more people would understand the problems we are faced by every day

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Autism is only a "disorder" because that is what non-autistic doctors have decided it is. Being left handed was once seen as a disorder (and the word sinister means "of the left"), and we learnt and grew and now we know that it isn't.

I've said this before on this board: If you take any child from an early age, and repeatedly tell them there's something wrong with them, they won't disappoint you.

I do believe that what we refer to as autistic people have a major role to play in society's present and future. This is a conspiracy site, so I'll even go as far as to ask that if we do believe that governments and health officials lie and deceive to keep themselves in power and authority, then why is it such a stretch to suggest that there are conspiritorial reasons why we're told that autism is a disease/disorder?

I was reading through the Terra Files from a link in another thread, they're supposed to be the story of humanity as told to a group of Native Americans, by an extraterrestrial who had crashed on earth and been nursed back to health by humans. In the story there were 2 groups, the Adama, who were taken and given excessive passions and emotions, and it's their story that gets condensed down to Adam's in the Bible, and then there's the Adapa, the original humans, without the same tampering, with a higher level of analytical reasoning.

It sounds to me that the dynamic of humanity's duality between emotive, passionate, driven Adama, and the analytical, reasoned, surgically focussed Adapa has always been there, and we now call those who are predominantly Adama "normal" and those who are predominantly Adapa "have a disorder". In reality we're 2 halves of the same whole, ying and yang, and our species is suffering because of our pride and need to be "normal".

I am what they call autistic, and I worked for many years in care, working mainly with "my own kind", and I can assure you, everything the non-autistic medical profession believe about autism is absolutely wrong. Time and again, I saw them unable to tell the difference, or see that there is a difference between not speaking and not being able to speak, between not responding and not being able to respond.

How much would you trust a book about what it's like to be a woman if it was written by a monk who'd only met the odd woman, and most of them were nuns? Would you expect it to be an authoritive piece? Or would it be an outsider's view, based on observation without experience?

Are you seeing now why you cannot understand autism unless you're autistic?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by TheIrvy]

[edit on 22-1-2010 by TheIrvy]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have a son who is autistic. He doesn't fit it with others,gets sick every morning and clearly he doesn't want to be that way. So it is not special or a privledge to have autism, it is more like a curse or disease born of Satan. Who would want to change places with a person who has autism? I wouldn't. I'm sick of people saying how special it is and glorifying it. How about a cure? Isn't that what we should be talking about?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

There is a lot of misunderstanding about autism and what an autistic person's behaviour should be interpreted as.

Different does not mean disabled. Being forced to do things in an unnatural manner is unpleasant and frustrating. Being forced to accept that "this way" is the right way even when it's quite clearly wrong causes a lot of distress to young autistic people, and that's perceived by others who cannot see things the same way as them as "bad behaviour" or "feeling sick" or worse.

Is it clear that your son doesn't want to be that way, or is he just reacting to things that are going on that don't annoy you? I'm very lucky, I grew up in a family where we were all on the autistic spectrum, but we didn't call it that, we called it "normal". This simple thing, deciding that we were normal, had immense power. Things were much easier for me growing up in my home than they would have been if I'd been forced to grow up in a so called normal family. A "normal" family wouldn't have known that bright lights and loud noises cause searing physical pain. In my house, we didn't turn all the lights on when we woke up in the dark mornings, we all had little torches to walk around the house safely that we kept in our dressing gowns. Simple solution to a major problem.

I wouldn't want to change places with a "normal" person. You all live lives full of deceipt and dishonesty, you never say what you really mean or ask for what you really want. I'm sick of people saying how normal normal people are. You're no less messed up than me, you're just messed up in a different way. Your way of life is as shocking and unpleasant to me as mine is to you, or in your case, your way of doing things is causing your son as much disgust and pain as his reaction to it is causing to you.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Autism isn't a disease because it doesn't kill you?! hmm.....

Disease: any deviation from or interruption of the normal structure or function of any body part, organ, or system that is manifested by a characteristic set of symptoms and signs and whose etiology, pathology, and prognosis may be known or unknown.
Definition

Autism is a multifactorial diseased state. I know, am thought to have it slightly (aspergers). People who say that they are not damaged are just in denial. Left brain damage manifests in nearly all autistic cases. The reason "telepathic" abilities show up is because the right-brain tends to overcompensate for the brain damage. The right brain has a deep connection to the subconscious. About 10% of autistics show some sort of savant skill.

This has nothing to do with 2012, and everything to do with the increased toxins, and pathogens in our ecosystem plus the increase in vaccinations. Autistics usually have some sort of predisposition where they are unable to properly detox heavy metals. Not only this, they are usually infected with more than one mycoplasma. Essentially, autism is like most any other diseases. The body becomes over burdened with various stressors, and the capability for homeostasis is beyond what the system can perform.

I have no doubt if civilization continues on at it's current pace, more than half of newborns will be diagnosed with autism by 2050. Did you know that stored heavy metals in the mother can be passed onto newborns? Multigenerational transference's...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes, that is what the medical profession say, but many many autistic people and autistic professionals say differently. How much is caused by the medicines handed our by the big Pharma companies?

You can't chop and change your conspiracies. If you're going to go down the path of accepting conspiracies about Big Pharma and the medical professions and their role in the Swine Flu "pandemic" and in all the pharma conspiracies I've read here, you can't then suddenly decide that in regards to autism, that's all different, and when dealing with autism, those same evil poisoning corporations are absolutely honest and above board.

Many many autistic people believe that we've been lied to regarding the true nature of autism.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

Are you speaking to me? It would be nice to see a "reply to" so that I understand who the statement is aimed towards, but for the moment I'll presume.

Yes, that is what the medical profession say, but many many autistic people and autistic professionals say differently. How much is caused by the medicines handed our by the big Pharma companies?

Well many people have emotionally invested interests to think that Autism isn't a disease. That's their folly. I said that vaccinations are part of the autism picture. Pretty sure that's handled by BigPharma. Autism isn't usually treated with pharmaceuticals, is it? That's more add, adhd, depression, I thought. Are there any known instances where a neurotypical takes pharmaceuticals and afterwords is diagnosed with autism? I've not heard of one.

You can't chop and change your conspiracies. If you're going to go down the path of accepting conspiracies about Big Pharma and the medical professions and their role in the Swine Flu "pandemic" and in all the pharma conspiracies I've read here, you can't then suddenly decide that in regards to autism, that's all different, and when dealing with autism, those same evil poisoning corporations are absolutely honest and above board.

Can't I? I'm an individual who's thoughts, opinions, beliefs, ideas, morals, and even personality changes on a daily basis. I may have a certain belief one month, then after more data is provided and analyzed, come to a different conclusion and belief. That's called growth!

BigPharma is definitely a huge problem in our society, and it kills thousands yearly. I agree here, but don't see the connection to autism. Perhaps you could enlighten me? You are using many logical fallacies in your above statement. Just because BigPharma is corrupt, doesn't mean all diseases stem from their deeds. This basically shows that you yourself have an evil which has not been addressed. You have disowned this evil and choose to project it onto the BigPharma demon! Yes, they're corrupt to the core, but that doesn't mean corruption, disease, evil doesn't exist outside of these corporations. It exists within each one of us.

Many many autistic people believe that we've been lied to regarding the true nature of autism.

I agree. That's why I posted. It's not as easy as one cause, and definitely not all BigPharma's doing. You have to look at the MANY things which have changed in the last 30 or so years. STD's have risen. Electromagnetic pollution has jumped through the roof. Stealth viruses, mycoplasma, prions, and nanotech has been introduced into the population through laboratories. Junk food diets are the norm. Factories are spewing out tons and tons of toxic heavy metals. Our topsoils are depleted, leaving necessary nutrients out of the foods we consume....and on and on....

[edit on 22-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
First off - Autism and ADHD - - is an "umbrella" label for ALL symptoms that fall into a certain category.

There is no ONE Autism or ONE ADHD.

My daughter was diagnosed with ADD way back in 1968 - - before it became "popular". She went through months of testing and psychological testing when she was 6. She had zero attention on a One to One which required physical contact (hand squeezing) and rewards to learn the basics in formal education. I was very fortunate that a new experimental program was tested in her school and she was chosen to participate. I also used diet and patterning exercise (swim team).

Today - any kid that doesn't sit still is diagnosed as ADHD and put on drugs. The school tried to put her son (grandson) on drugs. Fortunately - having gone through ADD - - I knew he was not ADD - - he was just very active/hyper - like Tigger. This kid was reading at a 12th grade level in first grade. Can't even imagine what drugs might have done to him.

TODAY - my 2 year old grandson has been diagnosed as having symptoms of Autistic behavior. Why? Because he is "in his head" - doesn't talk - and doesn't engage in eye contact.

Excuse Me! That he is not a performing puppet. No Offense to anyone.

I have raised him from birth (his dad died of Leukemia when he was less then a month old). BY CHOICE - I let him "just be" for 2 years. If there would be any time in his life he could connect with his dad - - it would be these early years. He needed that more then he needed to talk.

When I was young - - I was still connected to the "spirit world". I was BORN AWARE. I did have a great deal of trouble adjusting to this world - - but I did it - - on my own.

So - do I think there is REAL Autism? YES! I think there are many reasons for this behavior - - - some definitely from physical damage/dysfunction to the brain.

I would never attach any "considered dysfunction" to a specific date or the end of the world.

However - - I do believe some humans are evolving away from the physical into a more spiritual vibration.

ANSWER: ONE DOES NOT FIT ALL

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
For the sick twisted Bible thumpers on here, heres what your pathetic book says about this unfortunate condition. If I had such a condition, or someone close to me did, I would devote my life to burning every bible on the planet.

Leviticus 21:16-21 (King James Version)

16And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

17Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.

18For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,

19Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,

20Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;

21No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i have , autism n borderline personality disorder , im 35 years old from yorkshire united kingdom , i predicted 3 months ago of a liberal democrat win in may 2010 , which as u can see from the date ive posted this thread is the 1st ov may bpd awarness page , xmas 2009 i tried to commit suicide but the moment b4 coma , i was guided by a livin creature a robin red breast to get out off the call afta christ ressurection i shall bear his fruits if i will help overcome the 3rd anti christ which is here as a president ov a country loved by all , apart from us autistics , cos we know nostradamus gave us clues to him , im now deciphin da vinci code , 2012 is the 2nd coming as our lord can take no more seein the antichrist get into our live as upon death they will serve satan , but us autistic will get our callin this year we av a holy war to fight dec21st2012 , bless u and all others as this day lots of life n livestock will perish under the anti christ , fellow autistics gud luck , see u with our lord soon ,

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The autism rate is increasing:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think autism might be an evolutionary step that is being triggered early by various influences. That or it's something that was purposely locked away in our DNA and is only now coming about. One thing is for sure, autism at it's core seems to want to leave the primitive "social" brain in the past.

Isn't it odd that most purported encounters with advanced aliens all claim that they speak telepathically? Or in a lot of instances these beings have only a remnant of what once was a mouth but now is just a useless slit?

Bigger brains or tribal social skills? Can't have both.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefallenacorn
Actually, you could use a dose of awareness; autism is not a disease.

Disease is defined as:

a disordered or incorrectly functioning organ, part, structure, or system of the body resulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons, nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity, or unfavorable environmental factors; illness; sickness; ailment.

Read that first part again:

a disordered or incorrectly functioning organ

The brain is an organ. An Autistic persons brain does not function correctly. Therefore, I would consider Autism a disease.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Changing perceptions: The power of autism

Most grant proposals, research papers and reviews on autism open with, “Autism is a devastating disorder”. Mine do not.

I am a researcher, clinician and lab director concentrating on the cognitive neuroscience of autism. Eight autistic people have been associated with my group: four research assistants, three students and one researcher.

Their roles have not been limited to sharing their life experiences or performing mindless data entry. They are there because of their intellectual and personal qualities. I believe that they contribute to science because of their autism, not in spite of it.

Everyone knows stories of autistics with extraordinary savant abilities, such as Stephen Wiltshire, who can draw exquisitely detailed urban landscapes from memory after a helicopter tour. None of my lab members is a savant. They are 'ordinary' autistics, who as a group, on average, often outperform non-autistics in a range of tasks, including measures of intelligence.

The above is from a recent opinion piece published in nature by an autism researcher.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join