It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Orbs? I think some are possibly fog particles. Pictures included!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Thats another thing ...pics have been taken without the curtains as the backdrop...I have looked at every angle at this ..tried the dust test, different light ..to no light..and they have shown up !! and outside !!..

Bit baffled by it ..!!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well I don' pretend to know it all. I have tried to explain away most orb photos. I was once a believer in spirits showing up on camera and on tape, but a few years of plausible explanations have pretty much deteriorated my belief in such things. Maybe they really are spirits of the deceased or astral projections, I don't know. I think science will have a good explanation soon. Science has already tested the limits of physics and metaphysics.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I don't know if y'all believe in Guardian Angels but I have a question for the people that have photographed these orbs.
If there is a subject in the photograph, does this person appear to have good luck?

The reason I ask is because I have this photograph of my girlfriend where an orb appears in front of her and I swear she has the greatest luck of anyone I've known.
She seems to get all green lights and also always seems to the best parking spot, but it goes beyond that.
She has lost jewelry in the oddest places and after searching feverishly, she finds it:
  • On the day the aforementioned photo was taken, the huge diamond on her ring fell off. When she noticed it missing she quickly checked the camera for photographs taken that day and was able to deduce at what point the diamond had fallen off. It was during this time that I noticed the orb. Anyway, long story short, after being both indoors and outdoors in that busy environment, she found the diamond.
  • Anther time, we traveled to Denver. It had been snowing and when we got to the hotel she screamed that she had lost her expensive earing. She decided to backtrack her steps from the last time she remembered having them on, drove back to the rental car place with no luck. It wasn't until she drove back to the hotel and was just about to park, in the same spot - [remember what I said about parking spots), that she noticed a glimmer of the earing.

Maybe these orbs are Guardian Angels caught on camera?

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Alxandro]

• posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:56 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Alxandro

Perhaps Leprechauns. Ask her if she ever found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow in her life. I'm j/k. Then again we never know. As said before, they COULD in fact be the mystical creatures we have all fantasized about. Or, like you suggested, guardian angels.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:48 PM
    link   
    You all have alot of good theories of what Orbs are.

I just wanted to also add that with my Sony Digital camera I have never caught an Orb in a picture before. That was the only time I have ever caught one.

What are Orbs? I have no idea. I used to think they where dust particles shimmering off the light of the flash of a camera. Now with my photos I have no idea what they could be.

Star

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:51 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Stari

Most probably just the water vapour in the fog. (or dust etc)

Is there any chance that you could provide the temperature and humdidty for when that picture was taken. I know its prob not possible but it would certainly give me a picture of whether it was fog or not.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:32 PM
    link   

Science has already tested the limits of physics and metaphysics.

... and failed miserably, thereby revealing its own limits.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:59 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Miss_Murphy

On both occasions I saw what looked like three golden orbs, bouncing lightning-fast as if "into" each other, before disappearing.

The first time I was about twelve and was returning to my bedroom from the kitchen where I had gone to fetch a Coke. It was the middle of the night and I hadn't turned on the lights (because the hallway between my room and the kitchen was clear of any furniture so there was no danger of me tripping or something). When I closed the kitchen door behind me and turned to face the hallway, I saw them. They did this quick "bounce" in front of my mother's bedroom and disappeared. (There was no possibility of reflection from some light source.)

The second time, many years later, I was asleep in my bed when - and this is difficult to explain, but anyone who has experienced it will know instantly what I am talking about - suddenly I opened my eyes and at the same time turned my head to look at an exact spot. I had been fast asleep, and yet I somehow KNEW exactly where to look.
    (It was as if something had woken me with that specific purpose - but I could not remember the dreams, if any, that I had been having. And yet I always remembered my dreams in amazing detail.)
    And there they were: I managed to catch a glimpse of three golden "orbs" just above me, behind my back, as they bounced swiftly from my sight.
    They were really beautiful; and even though I had no preconceived notions about such things (and never thought about them), I intuitively sensed they were somehow "sentient", conscious. It really felt as if they were "retreating", trying to hide from me. (And for some reason I found that very touching - I don't know why.
    ) I remember smiling before I sank back into sleep.

You asked whether there was anything unusual surrounding their appearance... Well, I don't really know, but the first appearance might have coincided with an unusual experience my mother had. She had been told by somebody that some departed healers would visit her (don't ask...
    ); and then one night she suddenly woke up to a strong smell of incense (the kind that it's used in churches). That was most unusual since there was no incense in the house.
    I think I told her about the "orbs" very soon after it happened; and it was only then that she told me about her night experience, reckoning it must have been that same night when she had smelled the incense.

You might want to visit the website of Alfred Ballabene, an Austrian researcher, who dedicated quite a lot of attention to such phenomena.
    (The website isn't always working - due to vandalism, he says - but I am sure the cache versions would be useful enough.)

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:03 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Vanitas

That was interesting, thanks.

I do wish that the guy who was labeled a hoaxer on the 'down the rabbit hole thread' could have told us more about how electricity plays into all the Otherness that is occurring. Some orbs seem good or positive and some seem evil or negative.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:52 PM
    link   
    I just posted some pictures from a ghost trip I took with a couple of friends. The thread is here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My opinion is that the orbs are conscious and intelligent lifeforms. You can sense them around out there, and they come in different colors and sizes. They do move around, or they can be still. Sometimes I let my hands guide me and then take a picture and I will get orbs in the pic.

I have done some simple tests to see if the orbs are dust. I will take 2-3 pics in a row without moving. Why is it that you can get 1, 4 or even 20 orbs in one picture, but the others have not a single one? Also I have taken many pictures with this camera, in different lighting, weather and areas, and the orbs do not show up. Only in places with known paranormal activity or cemeteries, do I get them.

Orbs are very mysterious and should be investigated more. It is hard to accept that they are real, because it is so easy to just write them off to dust or particles in the air. I used to be skeptical of them until I saw one with my own eyes. It was blue and it was dancing around a cemetery. My friend who was with me also saw it.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:23 PM
    link   
    reply to post by OzWeatherman

I have absolutely no idea what it was. I was just taking the pictures because the fog was so thick outside and I had never seen that before I was wondering what it would look like in a picture was all.

Sorry,
    Star

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:52 AM
    link   

I must check that thread!

And yes, Alfred Ballabene, the researcher that I mentioned before, also thinks that there are "good" and "bad" orbs, whatever they are: the golden ones are very positive, he says (he thinks they are "spirits" who love the one to whom they appear - luckily for me ; )), while the grey or opaque ones are not.

Again: that is his interpretation.
    I have no personal opinion on their nature; all I can say is that the ones I saw, intuitively felt... well, "good".

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

And yes, Alfred Ballabene, the researcher that I mentioned before, also thinks that there are "good" and "bad" orbs, whatever they are: the golden ones are very positive, he says (he thinks they are "spirits" who love the one to whom they appear - luckily for me ; )), while the grey or opaque ones are not.
    [edit on 9-4-2008 by Vanitas]

Wow thanks, I will definitely read his material then.

I posted about my orb experience, where I was surrounded by orbs during the Perseid Meteor Shower and then GOD spoke to me, on the first page of this thread.

Maybe unrelated, but an agent with the DIA came to my office for a chat a few weeks after that. We didn't talk about anything supernatural or paranormal until the end, and I was the one who brought it up.

I asked him about some strange things I had been seeing and he told me it was nothing that I needed to concern myself with.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join