It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Orbs? I think some are possibly fog particles. Pictures included!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I wanted to share a couple of photos with you that might help in explaining what Orbs really are.

It was foggy one night. I am talking a very thick fog one that you could not see 5 feet in front of you. Well my son and I thought it was the coolest thing ever and I thought “let’s get a picture of this stuff.” So I did, I got several. Here are the pictures that I took.

As you all can see there are Orbs galore in these pictures. I can only come to the conclusion that Orbs are just fog, at least these Orbs.

Does anyone have any comments they wish to add? or any pictures that can show orbs to be more than fog or dust particles?

Thanks
Star

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Having a hell of a lot of these showing up the camera is fairly new
Samsung Digimax D73

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

Sorry the link is not working ...not sure how to post pics ..but basically what is happening is there are lots of orbs appearing in photographs ...lots
They are different colours, size and intensity... and seem to have a structure!! I haven't a clue what they are!!

Whats the best way to post pics bearing in mind I am not the computer savvy..really need to let someone have a look at them to get a rational explanation!!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

Sorry the link is not working ...not sure how to post pics ..but basically what is happening is there are lots of orbs appearing in photographs ...lots
They are different colours, size and intensity... and seem to have a structure!! I haven't a clue what they are!!

Whats the best way to post pics bearing in mind I am not the computer savvy..really need to let someone have a look at them to get a rational explanation!!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post!!
Loaded this to photobucket ..this was the brightest!! sometimes there is one sometimes many but most have the same structure
i285.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

This is another photo of many ...they also appeared when we were camping...is it the camera??
s285.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
In this particular set of photos I see your point but how do you explain Orbs in controlled environments or those seen by the naked eye? My fiance and I both saw orbs in our bed one evening (no jokes)
. We believed they were possibly my Father and her Grandmother looking over us.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

I always try to find a rational explanation ..but these are popping up in about 50% of the pics at home ..they appeared when we we camping and also in a caravan we rented recently...

Like I said ..its a new camera and I have done some rearch on the net but not seen any with this structure ...like a hole has been punched in the LCD screen ...but they are rarely in the same place on the screen also in the frames that have been taken it looks like they ghave a path!!

Don't get me wrong I don't rule out the possibilty that they could be something else other than dust,moisture droplets, however, I have had four second hand cameras and all have stopped working properly ( usually end up with pics with an orange tint to them)So I spashed out on a new one.. I just want to know if its the camera ,So I would rather start at the beggining and look at the rational/practical end first and exhaust that avenue before I look at the possibilities of something else!!

And thanks for you input!!

Rob

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have never really experienced anything weird....except Orbs. Of course I didn't know what they were called back then (this was about 20 years ago).

I experienced 2 Green Orbs (different sizes) I was with a friend who actually asked me if "I saw the"....and I finished with "little green lights" we drove with them in the car from Northern California to Southern California (about an 8 Hour trip).

It was as real as anything.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I believe that about 98% of photos with "orbs" in the photo are actually showing dust/water particles or are the result of some sort of light reflection in the camera lens. It seems that digital cameras are more prone to this than film cameras.

I am not sure what could be causing the orbs in shuck's photos. It could be a number of things including a camera malfunction or possibly something paranormal. I find it strange that other cameras that shuck has owned have also malfunctioned; pretty strange!

I am also not sure what to make of orbs that are seen with the naked eye. Could they be some sort of spiritual energy? Sure, but what else could an orb be?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
if you notice, about 99.999999% of these "orb" photos are taken by amateurs. I dare you to find someone getting excited about orbs with an expensive SLR, Full Frame camera. More likely, they will be opening up their camera to clean out the dust, or whipping out a lens pen.

and p.s. you are probably getting these orbs because you are taking a photo at night, with a camera not designed for such a dark shot. the flash is reflecting off everything in the air, and your camera is just taking in any bit of light it can see, including the flash reflecting... plus the focus is allowing everything in.

that's one of the #1 reasons for getting an SLR camera - being able to take shots at night without using flash.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by scientist]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think it's just dust. I checked into a hotel room this time last year and decided to take a few pics. Nothing paranormal happened while I was there but when I uploaded the pics to my computer I got this.

Here is a close up:

Orbs really didn't come onto the scene until digital cameras showed up. There is something about the cameras that just seems to pick them up.

My two nickels anyway,

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thanks for all of your thoughts. I do want to add that my digital Sony video camera does have night shot on it.. but I really do not remember if I turned it on in any of those shots.

Once again thanks for all the input and I hope everyone enjoyed the fog pictures with Orbs in them.

Star

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
if you notice, about 99.999999% of these "orb" photos are taken by amateurs. I dare you to find someone getting excited about orbs with an expensive SLR, Full Frame camera. More likely, they will be opening up their camera to clean out the dust, or whipping out a lens pen.

and p.s. you are probably getting these orbs because you are taking a photo at night, with a camera not designed for such a dark shot. the flash is reflecting off everything in the air, and your camera is just taking in any bit of light it can see, including the flash reflecting... plus the focus is allowing everything in.

that's one of the #1 reasons for getting an SLR camera - being able to take shots at night without using flash.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by scientist]

Orbs have always interested me.

I am a full time photographer. I've taken thousands of photographs using both Digital and Film and not once have I ever noticed one single "Orb" in any of my images.

On a personal note, I think a lot of what people are seeing in there photos is caused by cheap consumer plastic lens when mixed with direct flash and the incorrect use of the camera.

I'm not saying this is the cause, just my 2c's - In fact, I think there is great evidence showing that we do carry on in some way after what we called death.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by agent_01]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here's my orb story:

On August 13, 2004, I had been watching the Perseid meteor shower with my friends and children in a rural community on the outskirts of Houston, Texas. I was not drinking nor was I using any drugs. Things had slowed down after a few hours and everyone went into my home.

I walked back out into my front yard by myself. All the lights were still out from watching the meteor shower, and the only light was from the kitchen area of my house, which I could see behind the drapes. That's it... Other than that it was very dark outside.

Suddenly, these balls of light appeared (the "orbs" that so many people are photographing), they were the size of softballs and some were clear and some were opaque and many shades in between.

My first thought was that I had something on my glasses, some moisture that was causing a visual anomaly, and so I took my glasses off and began cleaning them with my shirt. As I did this, I noticed of course that I could still see the orbs and that it was not a smudge or something causing the effect.

My next thought was that I was having some sort of brain aneurysm... I mean, the balls of light were everywhere and were swirling around... I thought that it was a hallucination. But then I saw that the balls of light were literally illuminating an outbuilding that I was about 25' from. Imagine a thousand unseen children playing with flashlights... That is what it looked like as the lights shown on the walls of the building.

Okay, I know how this next part sounds. I know that it sounds crazy, and I have questioned my sanity many times since this, particularly with all that has followed. I may well be crazy, but I swear on my soul that I am telling the truth. I was a practicing attorney when this happened. I have given up the law, and given up most of what I owned (several homes, boats, other properties, etc.,) because this was the most important event of my life... And I want to understand it.

Suddenly, I knew that I was in the presence of god. I was an agnostic who was actually just a lazy atheist who did not feel like arguing with people about it. I knew that god was just an invention, and that everything could be explained scientifically.

In that moment, I knew absolutely that I was wrong. I knew that I was in the presence of god... And I felt so ashamed. I also felt this INTENSE love, something so strong and pure that it is difficult to describe, emanating from the presence... Pure love. Pure compassion. Pure adoration.

I began telling god that She/He (it seemed androgynous) had made a terrible mistake, that I was not worthy of this love that I was being showered with... I told god that I was a bad person and that I was maybe one of the worst people ever. I literally said "You must be lost. You have the wrong girl... You're at the wrong house..." and in hindsight, I cannot believe that I told god She/He was lost... But I think that She/He was a little amused by it, because there was a great tenderness and ultimate understanding and compassion in the voice that then said to me "I created you... I am you..."

Now that is an exact quote. I can relate the rest of what was said to me, but I cannot give an exact quote. I was told that I had come from the stars (or "out there") and that I would be "coming home" soon. I was also told that I had once been a part of all the love and lights that was surrounding me, and that I would be a part of it again.

Then something fell through the limbs of the oak tree behind me and I was startled (remember, I had been watching meteors earlier) and ran inside. When I realized that what I had heard was most likely an acorn I walked back outside but the lights were gone.

That was not the first supernatural event I have witnessed, but it was the first time that I could not just say "oh, that must have been my imagination"...and it was definitely the first in a long series of EXTREMELY bizarre events.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I am assuming you mean "orbs" in photography... because the ones I saw with my very own two eyes (twice in the space of fifteen years) weren't fog.
(There was never much fog in my apartment, regardless of where in the world I lived.
)

Just thought I would mention it, in case someone is tempted to take your premise a step further and interpret all "orbs" as, well, fog. :-)

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by Stari

I am assuming you mean "orbs" in photography... because the ones I saw with my very own two eyes (twice in the space of fifteen years) weren't fog.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Vanitas]

What exactly did you see? Did anything unusual happen when the orbs were present?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
At the risk of setting myself up for ridicule.......
I think ORBS are sentient creatures in they're own right. Maybe they are what in older times were called Fairies? Some type of magical weefolk?
Not MAGIC in the sense of granting wishes or anything but magic in the sense of being invisible when they so choose to be.

Lots of ghost hunters think they are spirits, and I can go with this explanation to, because during astral travel I myself seem to be an orb of light as well as the other beings I encounter......MAYBE an ORB is just what an intelligent cognizant
energetic being looks like when it doesn't have a physical body.....Ya I like this explanation best.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
to Schuck:

If you look at the orbs color and the color of the drapes that it appears over, I think it can be explained away as optical defect. Dust or debris on the camera lens. The drapes are a deep purple almost blue, and the orb itself is purple. Looks to me like it is the light hitting something on the lens.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
......MAYBE an ORB is just what an intelligent cognizant
energetic being looks like when it doesn't have a physical body.....Ya I like this explanation best.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

I think that that is an accurate statement. I've reached that conclusion based on my own experiences.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join