It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Britain Gets All Paranoid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Modern Britain Gets All Paranoid

news.sky.com

Modern society is making us increasingly paranoid and more prone to feelings of persecution and threat, according to a study.
Experts used to think such thoughts were normally confined to people with serious mental illness, such as schizophrenia.

But a new study, involving a "virtual" journey on the London underground, suggests that around a third of ordinary people regularly have moments of paranoia.

"Paranoid thoughts are often triggered by ambiguous events such as people looking in one's direction or hearing laughter in a room, but it is very difficult to recreate such social interactions," said Dr Daniel Freeman, from the Institute of Psychiatry at King's College London.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So it's really true - just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

On a serious note though, is this really any surprise?

We are constantly lied to, there are scare story's galore and the threat of terrorism is always being rammed down our throat.

Is a scared population a more easily controlled one?

The answer would appear to be a resounding YES judging by the surrender of civil rights and liberties over the last few years.
And by this I mean the fact that we have little or no say in how our country is run, that criminals appear to have more rights than victims and that we are surrendering more and more to the NWO.
A united europe is just one more step along the way.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I know someone who is monitored ever since 1992, with mind control, and its known to his family in london. That shows you what a society uk is today. ANd before anyone says it aint so, its well known to his family.

Thats uk for you today, at least he knows it is being done to him.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Well I suppose it's a change having a brit hater from a US hater.

Let me know where you get your info from - it sounds to me like you know little or nothing about this country.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I live in london england, worked for police and bbc. SO i would assume that i would know something about the uk.

Imagine a person from 1992 was continually monitored, without commiting a crime, and its still happening to him today.

Imagine losing the security of your own mind to these control freaks, and times 100, and thats what this person has to go through. This is well known to his family, so anyone saying its not possible is just talking bull.

Thats the uk for you today. If they monitor a person 24-7 since 1992, what are they do to everyone else, are these technologies used on 1 person, i doubt it.

So i do know england thanks, having lived in this country all but 1 year of my life.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I know of no-one that that has happened to, and furthermore, I doubt it HAS happened to anyone except in their own mind - unless you'd like to provide me with proof, other than your word.

I am a skeptic after all...
Although one of the open minded variety.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Since I live in England since 1990 I can confirm how badly things have gotten in a past 15 years or so. I can feel it physically how they follow every single thing that we do and how bad the economy is.
Inflation is apparently nonexistent but I can hardly afford to take my girlfriend out because of petrol prices, public transport is up 100% in the past 3 years, food and water is up, gas, bills overall are UP and UP...
List goes on. I can hardly keep my head above the water it is soooo bad. I don't gamble, don't even go on a holidays any more it is soooo BAD!
Yet this stinking government says I AM fine.
I saw wages of the upper Uber echelon going up 120% in 2 years, yet hard working People saw no increase whatsoever!
Segregation and crimes are bigger than ever as a result of these Nazi policies.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I've just done a post on that very subject here

I truly do think that brown despises his own country and thinks we're all stupid.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I do not live in England but I can share the sentiment...

Modern society is making us increasingly paranoid and more prone to feelings of persecution and threat , according to a study.

OOOH!!! What an interesting choice of words here!!

So now its SOCIETY's fault that I have a FEELING of persecution...
"yeah, yeah, nothing wrong with the world, mate.. it's just in your mind..."

This is unbelievable... AND disgusting!

Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Our every movement is monitored and recorded.
(Security camera's have become so common place they are now being placed in toilets in pubs!)

Neighbours are encouraged to grass on each other.

We are discouraged to offer opinions that may be deemed "offensive" or "extreme" .

We have the highest level of phone tapping and monitoring in the world.

MSM is pursuing a policy specifically aimed at dumbing down society.

Dissension is frowned upon and alternative lifestyles are ridiculed.

Freedom of information, even about yourself, is extremely difficult to get hold of and expensive.

Is it any wonder we are becoming a paranoid society?

It's not just Brown, Cameron is exactly the same, just a different spin on things.
Not that much difference between New Labour and New Conservatives as far as I can see, just a slightly different shade of light blue.

Solutions? I don't know.
Got plenty of questions but I'm not arrogant or clever enough to suggest that I have the answers.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Brown is a Scot anyway so it wouldnt suprise me if he does hate this country.

Joking aside though, isnt England the most 'watched' country in the world?
There are security cameras everywhere, pubs, shops, toilets, streets.. im an electrician and ive noticed people are filling their homes with them too.

In Middlesbrough (not sure if they have them anywhere else) There are 'talking CCTV cameras' where people monitor them live, and if anything bad is seen they will voice a message using a P.A system such as "Pick up that litter, thankyou."

Alot of people make fun of me being so paranoid but I look at is as paranoia is awareness, and theres nothing wrong with that.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lezvigi

They are being trialled in 'Boro.
There has been talk of the trial being rolled out to other towns. (The town where I live being one)

I remember reading somewhere that a security company in the UK thinks that it has enough footage of crimes being committed that it is developing software that will be able to predict human behaviour and if someone is about to commit a crime and warn them before hand.

Sounds far fetched I know but.....Minority Report anyone??

Don't get many of you smoggies here on ATS, good to see you about.

Edit to add:
Sorry I don't have a link or source, will try to find one.

[edit on 2/4/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Yeah, I knew they were being trailed in other towns too, just couldnt remember any of them

Where do you hail from then? There may be more smogs on here, not that i've encountered any yet.
As much as I love to seek the answers in life, I arnt half proud of where im from so I do like to put that about abit.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lezvigi

I think the North East in general is more camera'd than most other places in the UK, (except maybe on the roads!).
I travel quite a bit around the UK and just don't see the same levels as around here.
Don't know why that is.

I'm from about as close to Teesside as you can be without being called a smoggie.
We are all getting re-classified as Durham-Tees Valley now though.

I know quite a lot of people from Teesside through football and scooter rallies.

[edit on 2/4/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ah well good to see theres people from the area here. I live about 6 or 7 miles south of the Boro like, but its just as bad if not worse to be honest.

I think something drastic must happen in this country, especially the North, because I know that I am not the only one who feels like I am being forced out of my own country.

new topics

top topics

join