It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Lives in Past Life Regression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hi All,

I have heard a bit from people about Past Life Regression. Not totally convinced myself though as to what it actually is as a phenomena. But generally the consensus is that it is an old soul coming back I believe??

Now considering how many people have lived and died on Earth I would expect many people to keep bumping into one another...but that does not seem to be the case. You get a few people every now and then saying "Ooh I was the Queen of Egypt!!" or "I was Napoleon!!" which kind discredits all for me....how many of us could have been Napoleon??

Now my thought here is, suppose 2000 years ago you were serving in the IXth Legion back in the days of the Roman Empire. Now over the life of the Legion, many decades, thousands of Legionaries would have come and gone and considering that there were about 5000 men per Legion I would expect someone today to be saying "I served with the IXth!!" and start talking Latin !!

Which brings me to my point. I have heard of people whom say they knew each other in past life, victim and murderer, slave and master etc How do such people prove that they are not delusional and provide evidence of a shared past life??

As I understand it a client goes to a hypnotist and says "Regress me!!" and the hypnotist takes them back to the time when they thought that they were in an Errol Flynn film...or something. But they do not specify a time..they seem only to be able to take people back to an unspecified period.

Now I can see, that if some people believed that they had served together under say Admiral Nelson at Trafalgar, then maybe it is possible that you could sit them down, take them back to the period and see where and what the commonalities were.

But suppose a bunch of people knew that they knew each other..but didn't know when or how. Is it possible to find that commonality?? I mean Past Life Regression does seem a bit hit or miss??

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
There have been no studies that show past life regression works. I'm not saying everyone who thinks they've lived before are lying - there are plenty of psychological conditions that would explain someone honestly believing it.

The thing that answers the question for me is when you have two folks who think they were Napoleon in the same room at the same time. Surely, if it's real, that's impossible.

On a somewhat similar note, I watched a TV documentary about the Druze people in Israel, who apparently believe that they get reborn back into the Druze people. They go so far as to get their kids to meet their "old" families. The TV crew found out that the particular case they were following was fraudulent, when they could trace a rather obvious connection between the "new" and "old" families. Psychologists suspected that this behaviour was very useful to the Druze, as it would tie families together, and allow the Druze to fight fearlessly, safe in the knowledge that they'd be reborn back into their own society when they die.

So, in a nut shell, I doubt there's anything to it, apart from wishful thinking, or some sort of emotional crutch - a way for someone to be more than just themselves. If you suffer from low self-esteem or insecurity, the thought that you were once Julius Caesar would probably be quite comforting, and I couldn't blame anyone for doing so.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

' YOUR' opinion is only that, Dave ... just 'your' opinion.

Meanwhile, the world exists very well and evidence for reincarnation continues now, as it has all through history .. and continues to interest people from all walks of life (many, many of them FAR more qualified and learned than yourself).

So, 'your' opinion is just that ... your little opinion. I'm sure your opinion has value for you, however.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Allah the moon god

Hi there,
I was writing about this very subject on a thread by 'TheDuckster' only yesterday. So rather than repeat myself again I'll give you the link to the page in question.

(2 posts I wrote on that page will give you some basic but useful information)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here's a link to a thread that I wrote about 'Spontaneous Pastlife Memory' on ATS a few months ago;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Finally, if you click the link in my signature it will take you directly to my website where there is still more information and a couple of case-history's about pastlife regression.

By the time you've checked these links out you should be able to form an intelligent opinion of your own, as to whether or not you think it is real.

(NOTE); In the 15yrs that I've been a 'Pastlife Regression Therapist', I've never once met a Cleopatra or Napoleon (if I ever do I will be more than a little suspicious) ... the closest I've ever come to having someone historically famous on my couch was a woman who recalled being the 'Personal-Aid' to Amenhotep ... the Egyptian pharaoh who is believed to be the father of Tutankhamun ... so, famous by default I suppose.

And BTW I never use hypnosis during sessions ... it only taints and distorts real memories ... and I don't lead them to the time thy'd lived before (how could I ? I wasn't there), they lead me. Any therapist who 'tells' the client where and when they have had a previous life is IMHO a charlatan and that makes me

Hope the links help. Woody

top topics

join