It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Bush Administration officials pressured underlings to use torture tactics at Guantanamo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Top Bush Administration officials pressured underlings to use torture tactics at Guantanamo

rawstory.com

Of Guantanamo interrogators: “You could almost see their dicks getting hard as they got new ideas.”

"Torture at Guantánamo was sanctioned by the most senior advisers to the president, the vice president, and the secretary of defense, according to the international lawyer and professor of law at University College London Philippe Sands, who has conducted a forensic examination of the chain of command leading from the top of the administration to the camp at Guantánamo," Vanity Fair will report on newstands today.

The article directly contradicts the administration’s account to Congress, which placed responsibility on military commanders and interrogators on the ground for the practices banned by the Geneva Conventions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It's all going to get out eventually. This Admin will soon no longer be able to hide behind a wall of power, and every nasty detail of this greedy, corrupt and morally bankrupt tenure will get out. This is the way of all things. Nothing remains hidden forever. Let's just hope we can learn from what will be disclosed.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Haha... You and I posted this at the same time---You beat me to the draw!

Mods, you can close my thread at your convenience.

This is absolutely disgusting! These War Criminals have absolutely wiped their arse with International law! Please, would SOMEBODY bring these animals to justice? This can't just keep being allowed to happen...Somebody has to stop these maniacs.

STARRED and FLAGGED!

[edit on 2-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I thought it was recently established that the Bush Administration is above foreign law? Well, national law as well but that is another topic.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Well, you usually beat us all to the important stuff. Keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
No surprise there. I don't even care anymore.

It's not like they'll be held accountable. It's just one more thing on the list.

I'm not sure what bothers me more:

• The administration does this stuff and gets away with it

or

• People actually still stick up for them.

I think it's the latter for me. The fact that people are so biased that they will actually defend this administration is the most frustrating aspect for me.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I do care. Yet I feel the same as you. Why these people aren't dragged into the street and horse-whipped is beyond me.

top topics

join