It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Short History Of U.S Government Respect For Human Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You I think are stating more of an assumption than a fact. I've not seen the papers that say that the governments are using the chemicals you talk about or that they are even harmful as you claim.

It makes no sense to be using harmful substances when you have banned all harmful substances.

It to me seems more probable that there is a "DU-like" debate going on, some groups say DU is harmless (I'm one of them) and others say DU is a carcinogenic substance.

But there's really much less evidence for the later's claim, probably the same with this bio-testing.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There is one simple truth that answers all. Fifty years ago, when bio/chem/nuc weapons were being developed it was under the guise that these things would make us safer. Deterent and all. Now, 50 some years later are we any safer?? I don't think so, if anything the world is a more dangerous place than it was. Russians losing weapons, secrets being stolen, etc, etc. Do we really need these things? Doesn't conventional warfare cause enough destruction of the enemy?

And the sea shall grant each man new hope
As sleep will bring dreams
And memories of home

I guess my naive dream of hope is to get rid of all this #. We don't need it and will probably never use it. So get rid of it

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
FreeMason, Surely you've heard of these hearings

U.S. Army Activity in the U.S. Biological Warfare Programs (Volumes I and II), U.S. Department of the Army, February 24, 1977, reprinted in Biological Testing Involving Human Subjects by the Department of Defense, 1977, Hearings before the Subcommittee on Health and Scientific Research of the Committee on Human Resources, March 8 and May 23, 1977, United States Senate, 95th Congress, First Session (U.S. GPO, 1977), 107 pp.

A copy of this doc can be found here

www.gwu.edu...

page 125 onwards details some of the US experiments held in the public domain.

Next, borrow a copy of this from your library, it's now back in print. Clouds of Secrecy. The author, Leonard Cole, is a Professor at Rutger University ( and is very kind to researchers who try to talk to him when he is at home with his family on Thankgiving )

www.amazon.com...-details

And take the time to read these fact sheets provided by the DOD. They offer a potted history of each of the infamous Project 112 CBW experiments carried out by the US during the 1960s.

deploymentlink.osd.mil...

The MOD link I posted earlier contains a downloadable copy of the MOD Independent Review of the UK BW programme.

Please read them, it's obvious you have large gaps in your knowledge of past US/UK/CAN CBW experiments which were carried out in the public domain.

zero lift

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
FreeMason, I forgot to give you a link to a US General Accounting Office Report that was released last week. The report criticised the US DOD for its search for information re Project 112, a CBW programme that exposed a large amount of US Service personnel to both simulants and "hot" agents.

The GAO report can be obtained here.

www.gao.gov...

The DOD accepted the criticism and has agreed to now audit all CBW experiments carried out by all branches of the US Armed Forces. This audit will investigate all experiments carried out between 1940-present.

When it is eventually published, it should be required reading for all US residents.

zero lift

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Zero lift, you're assuming that the report will be complete. Do you think that the government is going to release a report about what it has done in the name of "National Security"? I don't think so, the report will give what is needed. That is it.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't trust the U.S. government as far as I could throw them, especially under G.W. Bush. He thinks this is the wild west being ready to settle.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yeah, I know what you mean, but it must be remembered that the campaign to get the DOD to investigate Project 112 took over 10 years!

BTW, the link I gave for the GAO Report which criticises the DOD investigation was the wrong one. Try this instead. It makes very interesting reading.
It proves that the DOD have agreed to publish an audit of all DODCBW experiments. They are compelled to do this under the terms of the 2003 Defense Authorization Act.

www.gao.gov...

fingers crossed,

zero lift

top topics

<< 1   >>

join