It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only believing in Christian's God will go the heaven? Come on, no offence but you bring a smile to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I was in this interesting conversation with my pretty Christian lady friend who told me, ' Hey believe in my God, others religions' god are delusion, only my God can bring you to heaven.'
I was laughing in my heart, 'are you sure Jesus told you this or it is Man who tell you to believe in this way.'
So i pose her this question, so if Mother Theresa or any saintly personnel don't believe in your God, they are going straight to hell? She answered a big yes.
Again i laugh in my heart,' Well your God is pretty selfish then and don't really love all of us.
I mean come on, God is in all of us just as it exist as one being. God love all creation in universe and yea I love him too without giving it a name
'

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
***DISCLAIMER*** I am posting this from a Christian point of view.

It is not a simple belief if God that Christians say grants salvation. Even the devil believes in God. But we are all sinful by nature. Every single person on the face of this earth has sinned. If God is in all of us why are we so sinful? It is because we are incapable of true Godliness. Since creation man has fallen short of righteousness consistently. So how are we supposed to atone for that? In the Torah there were practices and offerings laid out to make up for our inequity. But if we were to rely on those offerings and such we would never make it outside the temple doors. Therefor Jesus made the ultimate offering to pay for our sins past present and future.

Let me put it this way. If I were to commit a serious crime, say murder for example. When I went to court would the judge look at the facts of the case or the fact that I do good things when deciding to sentence me? If he were a fair and honest judge then he would look at the crime committed and punish me accordingly. When we die God will judge us. And if an imperfect human judge can make a good and honest decision, what makes you think God will be any different?

Do we know for a fact that Mother Theresa or Ghandi or anyone else is in hell? Not really. Only God can judge them. It is not for you or I to determine anyone else's salvation. But as Christians we are taught that anyone who rejects the son rejects the father. Our works are not enough to sanctify us in the eyes of God.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zombiemann

Very nicely put.
I have met people that say they are going to heaven because they do voluntry work or work with the disabled, if only it was that simple.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by clemonte

not sure which version of the bible the lady you speak of is using.
the king james version says nothing about heaven being the reward of the dead saints------since its not in there i can't even quote you a scripture to say look here it is !

somewhere down the line a person or persons assumed we go to heaven because of misunderstanding 1 thessalonians4:14-18? i assume?

it says we rise to the clouds to meet the Lord in the air,and so shall we always be with the Lord.

other scriptures say that when Messiah returns His feet will stand on the mount of olives,which is in front of jerusalem on the east;and the mount of olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley,so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south and the Lord will be king over all the earth;in that day the Lord will be the only One and His name the only One(zechariah 14/acts 1:9-12)

what sense does it make for Messiah to return and establish the kingdom of G-D on the earth where He rules the world from zion/jerusalem while all the resurrected saints go to heaven?makes no sense to me !

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Zombie is right...... Now I would add that every one of our works are from grace, Gods graces of love..... Not ourselves and I know this in my own life being younger having no love in me, or not much as I do now...

So they need to convert to God..in order to realize where their good works come from and apply them to the right God.. Remember the lady is trying to convert them to the one she holds as God.. So if she believes he is God why would she not try and convert this person?

If I had a friend and someone robbed this friends car and I knew it, yet I withheld the info from this person, would I be doing them a service?

If we believe Jesus is God then we should tell everybody about him instead of hidding him, yet not from a judgemental standpoint...

peace.

[edit on C:U40America/ChicagoWed, 02 Apr 2008 12:02:40 -050040M by JesusisTruth]

top topics

join