It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warn of pre-emptive nuclear strike against neighbour

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
reply to post by Blaine91555

While I don't completely agree with you on the subject regarding US involvement, because we take part in bribing this lunatic to shut him up for a few months at a time, I can definitely agree with you on the rest.

I will agree that we should not be participating in the bribery. On one hand we have people screaming for more dialog and less threats and fighting; while on the other we have this situation which is totally unique and self-perpetuating. If SK were to invade NK and toss that idiot out into the ocean for shark food tomorrow, I'd not loose a moments sleep.

I regretted the way I worded that post right after doing it but I let it ride. You must be able to understand my objection to this constant Bush did it mentality that results in these petty arguments that disrupt what would be good conversations. It has gotten so childish and bad that I avoid topics I'm interested in just to avoid it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
However, it doesn't help when George Bush demonises this country and refers to it as part of the 'Axis of Evil'. Well done George -another 23 million people added to the long list who want to wipe the US off the face of the planet.

Brei

Wow, you seem very well versed in international politics and human history. So let's use your amazing process of reasoning here and carry it to its inevitable conclusion, ok?

Since we can't demonize North Korea, lest we make them cry and throw a tantrum by starting a war, we can't demonize George Bush, or we might make him cry and start a war. So I guess you better take down your post before Bush threatens to pre-emptively nuke a democratically elected nation that improves living conditions and standards of living for people all over the world (unlike North Korea).

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

However, it doesn't help when George Bush demonises this country and refers to it as part of the 'Axis of Evil'. Well done George -another 23 million people added to the long list who want to wipe the US off the face of the planet.

You are so right! Before Bush got into office, we never had troops on the border with North Korea, and Kim Jong-Il never sabre-rattled! If it wasn't for Bush, we'd have peace in the area, and the Korean War would have never happened!

[edit on 2-4-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I come from the nowhere, go to the no place, and here I am. ATS has some of the BEST articles and replys I've seen in ages.

We currently have a no-armaments treaty with Japan and Taiwan, meaning these countries will not allow US troops into their territorial waters. As for SK, we have only the ground and air forces currently stationed, so any military strike would HAVE to entail a nuclear counterstrike by us.

The NK "baby" is just peeing in the bathwater again about UN sanctions instead of turning to its sole ally China. It knows we have at least 2 subs ready to violate Japanese waters, spit out a couple 100 megatonne, and retreat before diplomatic channels get going. Its not going to do anything for now.

What troubles this cold-war, missile and bomber veteran is what it'll do next. What will it consider a "pre-emptive strike" by our military forces, a clandestined fly-over by our recon planes? If they launch, and they can, it'll be all over but the shouting.

Robert Oppenheimer said it best "The 3rd World War will be fought with nuclear weapons, the 4th with sticks and stones."

Through it all try to have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I came across this snippet of news last Friday, checked the papers and the news channels here in the UK and found nothing, checked ATS over the weekend and found nothing until this thread.

I would just put this headline down to "rhetoric / banter", the NK need to keep their face in the news before the Olympic Games open in China and all the worlds cameras will be in China and poor old NK is forgotten about for several weeks.

Wolfie

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Heh I thought they only had enough material for the one nuke they shot off. Is this a confession...I remember reading something that estimated they may have around 4 or 5. Do you think China would take kindly to them them shooting one off anyway- further messing up the upcoming Olympics?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It would not suprise me at all too see China side with the south next time around.....I think that even China is sick of North Korea by now. it is like a annoying yapping dog that lives next door...sooner or later someone is going to feed it antifreeze.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
www.spacewar.com...
Heres a storyrelated to this one.

South Korea on Wednesday rejected North Korean demands for an apology over remarks by its top general, and told Pyongyang to stop raising tensions on the peninsula.
The defence ministry message was Seoul's first official reaction to a series of recent hostile moves and angry rhetoric by Pyongyang.

The ministry said in a statement that it sent a radio message to the North's chief representative to inter-Korean military talks, Lieutenant-General Kim Yong-Chol.

Kim on Saturday had demanded an apology for remarks by South Korea's new chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Kim Tae-Young. The North interpreted his comments as hinting at a preemptive military strike.

On Sunday the hardline communist state's official media repeated claims that Seoul was planning a preemptive attack and threatened to turn South Korea into "ashes" in response.

On Tuesday official media launched a barrage of insults against new President Lee Myung-Bak, terming him a US sycophant, a traitor and a charlatan.

Seems its starting to heat up some but only between them and then it changes to the US told you to do it. I love how we get blamed for every country that can't get along, but it is kind of our own fault cause we shouldn't be in south korea now anyway, how many years has it been. We still have 28,500 troops in south korea. And congress in march passed a bill saying they all can bring there families to live with them. I guess 10% of the families were only allowed befor then. So hearing that doesn't seem like they plan on leaving to soon. What ever happened to Carter saying all troops will be out in four years.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

As far as I am aware, we are still technically at war with NK and if they go at it, we'll be in the middle of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Talking of tantrums, don’t be spitting your dummy out just yet.

I forgot that Mr. Bush was the inspirational diplomat that solved crises around the world – he is after all (allegedly), the leader of the free world, and as a ‘leader’ bringing people together for a common purpose, global peace and prosperity? Not even going to entertain this word ‘free’, even ‘peace’ and needless to say ‘prosperity’ since Bush’s arrival into office. Demonise North Korea by referring to them as the ‘’Axis of Evil’’? I think I let him off lightly the first time!

During his time he has inacted the USA Patriots Act (2001) – and instigated a war against Iraq (not on terror) with the loss of over a million lives (for the states to get her pound of flesh in oil) and costing half a trillion dollars at the last count. I see the US economy is in great shape also! (Get your dollars, two for a pound!!) On home soil Bush is more than a menace than Kim Jong could ever be - In 9/11 he was responsible for those three thousand innocent lives. What did he do, sit in a classroom reading a childrens book up side down. Talking of bush-wacking.

Now, with your process of reasoning, you decide where the problem lies here? Kim Jong-iL ‘sabre rattling for his scraps’ and threating its neighbour with weapons that do not exist (do I smell another smoking gun here) or George Bush and his pops (not forgetting the impact of the foreign policy throughout the generations). I'm just suprised that there is not a hundred Kim Jong's out there at the moment.

Take down my post? a thread should be started to highlight the similarities between Bush (and his administration) and tyrants of the world. You dont have to slay people in the street or put them in concentration camps to be a dictator or tyrant by the way.

Brei

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
[edit on 2-4-2008 by cav01c14]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

SO MR. HISTORY BUFF.....I THOUGHT I READ NOT TO LONG AGO ABOUT HOW THE USA OR ISREAL (SP) WERE GOING TO DO A PRE EMPTIVE STRIKE ON IRANS NUCLEAR FACILITYS. HOW COME WHEN WE SAY IT A LOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE WERE ALL FOR IT BUT WHEN N.KOREA SAYS IT O NO WE BETTER STOP THEM...LOOK AT WHAT THE USA HAS DONE TO IRAQ AND AFGAN. DEMOLISHED ALMOST THEIR ENTIRE INFRASTRUCTURE SENDING THEM LITTERALY BACK TO THE STONE AGE IN A SENSE. N.K. THREATENS AND WE HAVE A COW ABOUT IT HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU WERE IN IRAN AND HEARD ABOUT THE PRE EMPTIVE STRIKE ON YOUR COUNTRY.....WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMMING TO

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cav01c14

Um, who was that directed at exactly? I don't see a member here going by MR. HISTORY BUFF.
And this comparing EVERYTHING to Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. is getting really old. There are MANY, MANY threads on those very issues in which your (non-capitalized) input would be more than welcome I'm sure. This thread has NOTHING to do with those countries.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
DIRECTED TOWARDS SaviorComplex

Really now? Can you please give us an example of where the US has threatened to use nuclear weapons pre-emptively, and then used them in such a manner? I"M A HISTORY BUFF and for the life of me, I can't remember when that's happened. So, please, educate us.

HAHA WELL SORRY ABOUT CAPS....IM AT WORK NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT IM NOT YELLING.

AND YEA IRAQ AND AFGAN. ARE GETTING OUTTA HAND BUT SO IS N.K THREATENING S.K. ITS ALL THE SAME WERE ALL HUMAN MOST OF US THINK PRETTY MUCH THE SAME IT JUST DEPENDS WHICH SIDE OF THE BOOK YOUR ON.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cav01c14

Ah, alrighty then. Thanks for clarifying.

I agree about us all being human, for the most part anyway, lol. Maybe one day we will evolve past all this crap, that or we'll kill ourselves off and then cockroach people will take over the earth, maybe they'll be smart enough not to kill each other.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

whining

Once again, you fail to the recognize the flaw in your thinking. If you are going to suggest that "demonizing" a nation will create tensions and increase the risk of war (it does), then you can't selectively apply it to some nations/administrations and not others.

That, sir, is a logical fallacy... unless you want to make some kind of argument that Bush and Amerikkka is racially and/or culturally immune to "demonization."

If you want to withhold criticism against North Korea for fear it would provoke them, then you MUST refrain from criticizing others, especially if they are in control of the most powerful military force the world has ever seen (if you want to be intellectually honest of course, which you don't).

So have fun living in the muck of your deranged mind and selectively applying your derision to only those you deem worthy.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

The NK's have never really been a stable or intelligent bunch though.

They have never really thaught before they speak & someday, that is gunna really get em' into hot water.

Problem with little backward, primitive nations is that, when they get hold of a little Technology, they think they are gods, without realising that their enemies (the west) have around 300% more WMD's...hehehe

And so they tend to mouth off a little, trying to impress the big boys.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cav01c14
DIRECTED TOWARDS SaviorComplex

Really now? Can you please give us an example of where the US has threatened to use nuclear weapons pre-emptively, and then used them in such a manner? I"M A HISTORY BUFF and for the life of me, I can't remember when that's happened. So, please, educate us.

AND YEA IRAQ AND AFGAN.

Perhaps you would care to go back and read exactly what I wrote (I added the emphasis so you can't miss it) and perhaps you would also like to take into consideration the context.

But perhaps I am wrong. Maybe the US threatened, then used nuclear weapons on Iraq and Afghanistan. If so, could you please tell us where these weapons used, on what targets? On what dates were they used?

No, the US did not bomb Afghanistan back into the stone-age. It was on the verge of being a failed-state before the US invasion, due to almost 20 years of war with the Soviets and themselves.

And no, they are not the same "depending on which side you are on." As horrible as Iraq and Afghanistan may be, they do not compare to what is wrought by a nuclear bomb. I implore you: rent "The War Game" from Netflix or read "Hiroshima," and you will see just how amazingly wrong you are.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Last thing we need in the world is NK and Sk going at it
Then the Us Doing the same in Iran
eldib.wordpress.com...

Russians, Saudis Expect U.S. Attack On Iran
Posted in Arab world, Conspiration, Egypt, Energie, France, Irak, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, USA, United-Kingdom, War, World, imperialism, oil, turkey by eldib on March 31st, 2008
Russians, Saudis Expect U.S. Attack On Iran

By Paul Craig Roberts

The US Congress, the US media, the American people, and the United Nations, are looking the other way as Cheney prepares his attack on Iran.

If only America had an independent media and an opposition party. If there were a shred of integrity left in American political life, perhaps a third act of naked aggression–a third war crime under the Nuremberg standard–by the Bush Regime could be prevented.

On March 30, the Russian News & Information Agency, Novosti, cited a high-ranking security source: “The latest military intelligence data point to heightened US military preparations for both an air and ground operation against Iran.”

According to Novosti, Russian Colonel General Leonid Ivashov said “that the Pentagon is planning to deliver a massive air strike on Iran’s military infrastructure in the near future.”

The chief of Russia’s general staff, Yuri Baluyevsky, said last November that Russia was beefing up its military in response to US aggression, but that the Russian military is not “obliged to defend the world from the evil Americans.”

On March 29, OpEdNews cited a report by the Saudi Arabian newspaper Okaz, which was picked up by the German news service, DPA. The Saudi newspaper reported on March 22, the day following Cheney’s visit with the kingdom’s rulers, that the Saudi Shura Council is preparing “national plans to deal with any sudden nuclear and radioactive hazards that may affect the kingdom following experts’ warnings of possible attacks on Iran’s Bushehr nuclear reactors.”

And Admiral William “there will be no attack on Iran on my watch” Fallon has been removed as US chief of Central Command, thus clearing the way for Cheney’s planned attack on Iran.

The Iranians don’t seem to believe it, despite the dispatch of US nuclear submarines and another aircraft carrier attack group to the Persian Gulf. To counter any Iranian missiles launched in response to an attack, the US is deploying anti-missile defenses to protect US bases and Saudi oil fields.

Two massive failures by the American media, the Democratic Party, and the American people have paved the way for Cheney’s long-planned attack on Iran. One failure is the lack of skepticism about the US government’s explanation of 9/11. The other failure is the Democrats’ refusal to begin impeachment proceedings against President Bush for lying to the Congress, the American people, and the world and launching an invasion of Iraq based on deception and fabricated evidence.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Herrooooooooooo w

wot a silly statment from them, i wonderd when thay would come out the woodworks

flagged

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join