It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All you knew about Creationism! Debunked!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
You have lots of fossils out there that are shaped like bone structures. Skulls, vertabrae. Some come from Dinosaurs, Homosapiens, the caveman etc. Still, none of them look like actual bones. They are really Rock sculptures.

You have the archelogists out there in the field, cutting the rocks in the shapes they want to see. Nothing in the dirt has already the defined boned structure. And from what i've seen, at the museums, those bones are just rocks made up to look like a part of a human body bone. So you see, we never really found any real evidence of man before the story told in the Bible. To prove this, I can go to my sculpture class, get a giant rock and come up with an entire made up bone skeleton and name it, "Mr. Smiley".

The rock would be 5,000 years old and since I've made Mr Smiley from that rock. My newly found skeleton would be 100% real. And just to prove a point I'll make him 4 feet tall and give him a nice caveman look. Can anyone prove to me that these fossils of cavemen and such are not just sculptured rock? Created by evolutionists, atheists..to prove God wrong?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
That's an excellent theory, I've never really thought about that before.

It seems you have proven that they could create a "missing link" quite easily if they wanted to. Maybe they DON'T want to? Nothing suprises me in this world anymore...

[edit on 2/4/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I never, ever get into these, but I couldn't help but smile at your post. Fossils are so much more than just "pretty shaped rocks"...

I'll give only one counter-argument, and it's more than enough, IMO.

Radiocarbon Dating

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
I never, ever get into these, but I couldn't help but smile at your post. Fossils are so much more than just "pretty shaped rocks"...

I'll give only one counter-argument, and it's more than enough, IMO.

Radiocarbon Dating

Gemwolf, So I don't get a star for effort?

Hey man, I know all about carbon dating. We used to do it in my anthropology class. thing is...Rocks have plants and remains in them as well. So yes, you can come up with a date, but I've never actually seen anything to make me believe that they have real bones that date 10,000 years. they all look like shaped rocks made to look pretty.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
How about the fact they're made out of bone and not stone? Even when fully fossilised they still retain many of the internal structures of bone.

You do know the difference?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
How about the fact they're made out of bone and not stone? Even when fully fossilised they still retain many of the internal structures of bone.

You do know the difference?

Yes I do. And I've never seen a fossilized bone from the inside. And even so, that can be faked too. The inside of a rock looks similar to the insides of a bone also. So I can't really tell the difference. I just think the Atheists made it all up. what do you think?

[edit on 2-4-2008 by jedimiller]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Keep in mind that fossils aren't really bones.

Fossils are the mineralized or otherwise preserved remains or traces (such as footprints) of animals, plants, and other organisms.
Source

Sedimentary rock is rock that has formed from sediment, like sand, mud, small pieces of rocks. Over long periods of time, these small pieces of debris are compressed (squeezed) as they are buried under more and more layers of sediment that piles up on top of it. Eventually, they are compressed into sedimentary rock. The layers that are farther down in the Earth are older than the top layers.

The fossil of a bone doesn't have any bone in it! A fossilized object has the same shape as the original object, but is chemically more like a rock.
Source

(Bold Mine)

So if you want to be really technical about it: Fossils are "sculptures". They were sculpted by nature (or God if you prefer) and time...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Ok my bad, but fossil bones are just rocks. So we agree on on that right Wolf? saying that, how do we really know they are actual bones and not rock sculptures created by a great artist who's playing a prank on God.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
What I think? I think you know very little about geology or about bones.

A better suggestion would have been that archaeologists and palaeontologists take modern bones, carve them to give a difference appearance, treat them to age and petrify them, and then bury them to excavate the next day. Of course, if that's done for all bones - not just humans bones - we're talking a multi billion dollar industry involving hundreds of thousands of people that's been in operation for hundreds of years using 21st century technology
..... Hmmm, maybe they used a time machine?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

A better suggestion would have been that archaeologists and palaeontologists take modern bones, carve them to give a difference appearance, treat them to age and petrify them, and then bury them to excavate the next day. Of course, if that's done for all bones - not just humans bones - we're talking a multi billion dollar industry involving hundreds of thousands of people that's been in operation for hundreds of years using 21st century technology

I see that. think about it, you are given a government grant, billions of dollars to find some bones out there. You don't find anything, so you get these guys to make it all up. Archeologists shaping the form of rocks into what they seen in books and drawings. They get their hammer and stick and start shaping these rocks into bones. why? to get rich and fool everyone. So it's all about money and rocks made to look like skulls. It all makes sense now.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Look at the history of the "Brontosaurus" for instance. (Brontosaurus article. You'll note the confusion - wrong fossil bones fitted together. Why would someone who sculpted a fossil make such a "mistake".

Or the T. Rex which was incorrectly displayed in the musuem for years. (See here). A bit silly, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This is ridiculous.... fossills are real!! Ancient Bones exist!! They are not created by archelogists, do you know how much effort would go into faking every single bone for just 1 dinosaur?

Far far to paranoid !!!!!!!!!

Edit: Removed unnecessary exclamation marks.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Your theory in no way debunks creationism. Gemwolf gave you proof and I would have to say that humans are smart enough to no about archeology and the difference between bones and rocks.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The Creationist based their argument that the earth in young (approx. 6000 years old) thus no fossils or dinosaurs etc. are real. This ridiculous calculation was first put forward Dr. John Lightfoot (1602-1675) then later by James Ussher (1581-1656), Archbishop of Armagh.

NO WHERE in the bible does it say the world is 6000 years old. This is a completely arbitrary age made up by these crack pots with an agenda.

But ok, fossils aside, how does one fabricate coal? Or oil? Or creatures trapped in fossilized amber?

Honestly, do you really think fossils are created by people...research where the young earth theory comes from and I am sure you will feel a little embarrassed making such claims.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandals24
This is ridiculous.... fossills are real!! Ancient Bones exist!! They are not created by archelogists, do you know how much effort would go into faking every single bone for just 1 dinosaur?

They could have used machines to make the rocks look like bones. We have this machine at the shop, it can make a rock look like anything you want.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
They could have used machines to make the rocks look like bones.

Add this to your to-do list: Find out when/how long ago the first fossil was found...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

Originally posted by Sandals24

They could have used machines to make the rocks look like bones. We have this machine at the shop, it can make a rock look like anything you want.

In 1676, a huge thigh bone (femur) was found in England by Reverend Plot. It was thought that the bone belonged to a "giant," but was probably from a dinosaur. A report of this find was published by R. Brookes in 1763.

How old is the machine in your shop? I feel your just picking arguments for the sake of it !!!!!!!

not welcome here!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
alright. I admit, this is a wacko theory. remind you it's 4 am here. but see, even if they didn't have those machines we have today, they had chisels and hammers to shape the rocks...a 100 years or so ago. Saying that, it's just a theory. No reason to get upset over it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Don't forget either that fossil bones were used in China to make predictions. Supposedly these dragon bones would be tossed in a fire and you could decide the future from the cracks caused by the heat. (Keep in minf we are talking about smaller bones, not the huge ones.) Also, there's evidence to at least suggest that the ancients used fossil skeletons as a basis for some or many of the mythical creatures.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Next to electric aliens, this is one of the most ridiculous "theories" I've ever come across. There's absolutely no evidence that suggests it's real, just the poster's obvious ignorance to what a fossil is, and how fossils are created.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join