It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel drags Bus hulk to The Hague.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Zionists.
Active warfare is a Israel/Pal affair exclusively, and has been for sometime.
Regardless of president, America has not halted the huge aid delivered there, nor rectified the huge disparity in that aid.
Amazing how well the kids play together when you take away all their toys, no? Let's take their toys.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You are incorrect in that the Israelis are responsible for the terror and the continued bloodshed. The desire of the Arabs to destroy the Israeli nation is where it starts and ends.

You want to take the "toys" from the Israelis? Why not start somewhere else? Why not try taking the toys away from the Arab world first? Seems the usual liberal target is the Israelis, but nobody wants to target the ones who target children.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
don't beat Israeli 12 yr olds into a coma for information.

But you missed my point: I meant aid, not armaments. Israel makes a fine dollar on their own, they don't need the hundreds of millions lavished on them by the US.
We remove the aid, we have leverage. But Carter/Reagan/Clinton/Bush et al, try to work out 'peace plans' without consequence; taking away their toys (money) is consequence.
Imagine if we took that money sent to Israel and revitalized Detroit? Imagine if the rest of the world saw Israel follow it's people's wishes: give the Palestinians autonomy. They'd have control over Arabs in a way that force can never accomplish: free will acknowledgement of benevolence. It's worked for America tremendously. We used to be loved for our generousity instead of just feared for our might, remember?

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
But you missed my point: I meant aid, not armaments. Israeli make a fine dollar on their own, they don't need the hundreds of millions lavished on them by the US.

Whats the GDP of Israel? Wheres this fine dollar coming from? Weapons sales? I wouldnt think so seeing as the majority of Israeli platforms are variants of western weapons. I dont see oil in the west bank nor do I remember them being the number one agricultural country or the cutting edge country in electronics. Theres not many natural resources for Israel to exploit, and even if they are a first world economy that is due in part to the subsidising we give them, which is necessary in order to continue protecting themselves from rabid islamic fundamentalists.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Israel has a strong high tech sector with solid foreign investment & acquisition. They also, last time I saw, had a better GDP per capita growth than the US & most of the big European countries.
THere's much truth to the large Arab populations in Europe flavoring an anti-Israel perspective. But, as is the case with us, it's also because of better economic prospects for them, a.ka. ENVY.
As for arms manufacturing: who cares who designs it? It matters who makes it, sells it & profits. THEY DO.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Israel has a strong high tech sector with solid foreign investment & acquisition. They also, last time I saw, had a better GDP per capita growth than the US & most of the big European countries.
THere's much truth to the large Arab populations in Europe flavoring an anti-Israel perspective. But, as is the case with us, it's also because of better economic prospects for them, a.ka. ENVY.
As for arms manufacturing: who cares who designs it? It matters who makes it, sells it & profits. THEY DO.

Touche indeed.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I agree, one of the chief factors (other then religion) is probably jealousy. Jealousy that the Israelis could take a once swampy or otherwise barren piece of land and turn it into a productive, first world country.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

don't beat Israeli 12 yr olds into a coma for information.

But you missed my point: I meant aid, not armaments. Israel makes a fine dollar on their own, they don't need the hundreds of millions lavished on them by the US.
We remove the aid, we have leverage. But Carter/Reagan/Clinton/Bush et al, try to work out 'peace plans' without consequence; taking away their toys (money) is consequence.
Imagine if we took that money sent to Israel and revitalized Detroit? Imagine if the rest of the world saw Israel follow it's people's wishes: give the Palestinians autonomy. They'd have control over Arabs in a way that force can never accomplish: free will acknowledgement of benevolence. It's worked for America tremendously. We used to be loved for our generousity instead of just feared for our might, remember?

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Bout Time]

Imagine the money we send to Egypt so that they will play nicely spent on infrastucture, such as the 90 miles of highway I use every workday?

Yes, money could be spent differently all the way around. But there are two sides, and each side has its own money supply. Dwindling Israel's side while the other side makes a mint off of oil and supports the aggression is not a plausible idea. The answer? Beats me. Beats everybody. We can't change the hearts of those people, and that would be the only way to stop this drain.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join