It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i edit my thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
How do i edit my thread after i post it??? also how do i edit my comments left on other peoples threads?

please let me know

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

There's an edit button on the top of the post in the right hand corner. I am the queen of editing my typos, I know the edit button well :-)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

thank you for your help. i didnt realize that edit button goes away after 2 hours tho.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I think my worst was like 5 edits...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
i wish there was some way that i could delete some of my threads. or at least edit them.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
There's an edit button on the top of the post in the right hand corner. I am the queen of editing my typos, I know the edit button well :-)

If you're the queen, then I'm the king.

I swear, I've gotta to re-read my posts a hundred times to catch them all... and I probably still miss a ton.

Yeah, anti, you've only got about 2 hrs since your last post/edit to fix things. Glad you got it all worked out.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
yea sorta kinda maybe. thanks for the help everyone.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I've got a bald spot worn on my "preview post" button from my repeated obsessive compulsive clicks on it before I finally post.

And my "edit" button is wearing kind of thin from second guessing.

Here's a hint to hide the fact that you've edited more than once:

Just highlight the little "Edited by..." blurb at the bottom and delete it before you re-post your re-edited missive the second (and third, fourth, and fifth) time you edit.

That way it only looks like you've edited once.

And, incidentally, I've noticed the window to edit has stayed open longer than two hours on a couple of occasions.

I think as long as about six hours once.

But don't quote me on that.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
thanks for your feedback again. how come that edit button cant stay up there for ever?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I find my sp edits, grammar edits, nicey nice edits are directly proportional to my liquid malt beverage intake. I make liberal use of both.
LOL.
Edit: Testing, test, test.
Edit: Hey! I don't even get one pt for that! Youz guys are holding out on me...I think I got one tenner all day. LOL, like I care, just like hanging out.
[edit on 2-4-2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 2-4-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

You have me beat but I am a newb! I think my most so far is 3 in one post. But I can always claim I was learning...

Now let's not even bring up the "quote" button! All of my basic html code knowledge is slowly coming back after a 10 year hiatus! I had great practice tonight with all the great threads though!

I alos found the emoticons finally, yehaww.

And jpm, nothing wrong with adult beverages, although yes they do wreak havoc on the edit button.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Thanks for the tip goosdawg, and I just now tonight noticed the "preview post" button, not that it did any good on one post.

After this thread started tonight I actually went to the help section and read some of it, shocking I know!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well, while we are on subject of changing or editing our posts. How do I change my Avatar? I remember uploading it but I can't seem to find the option to change it. Can someone enlighten me please?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apolon
How do I change my Avatar?

Here you go Apolon:
Account Settings

Scroll down to the "Avatar URL" section and re-enter the new location for your Av. Then click "Submit". Done.

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Thank you mate. I don't know where that setting was but I could not access it earlier. Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Apolon,

For future reference:

It's in your MemCenter under Account Settings. You can access your MemCenter from the menu at the top of every page.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you.

If ever a question or concern, please don't hesitate to ask.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I was digging always in the profile section. I assume it would be in there. Never realized it was in members all along

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I edit a post and hit preview and then click edit and it doesn't edit it and I'm back to square one. I have ended up just making another reply.

Or is this post about changing avatars now.

ATS Etiquette
A good general guide as to how we attempt to manage the flow of discussion.
General ATS discussion etiquette

Finally, our rules for your avatars and signatures.

new topics

top topics

join