It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Favorite Exotic Pet! What is it and Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
For example I own a tarantula and a scorpion... My favorite would have to be a centipede though, the big aggresive ones with lots of poison... Don't know why I like them, but most likely it's because they are bad ass! They don't waste time killing the prey, they just grab it and start eating... Also some spiecies have poison on every leg... They are crazy killing machines... The scorpion is also one of my favorites because they can more or less take on any other preditor and whoop them pretty good... Once they clamp on to something it's dead and immobilized... My scorpion is about 7-8 inches from head to end of tail and he is a bad mofo...

His name is Bootstrap...

I'll post some of my tarantula when she comes out of hiding...

If you own one and have a picture please post it thanks!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I guess I'm the only one who owns exotic pets? I mean I have 2 dogs and a stray cat I took in that I feed, but don't you guys have anything cool? I would think the ATS people would have some cool exotic pets of some sort! :shk:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
mine would be :

Koala Bears....

***one or two Bad Words ***

[edit on 13-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Why anyone would want to own a spider, snake, lizard
or such is beyond me. But to each his own.

If you were allowed to have them as pets I would get me
panda bear. I just find them so adorable!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well mine is a bit dangerous, The blue ringed octopus located in australia, Is small but it is known to be the most poisonous and fastest killing animal on earth, most people die before reaching the hospital. But i dont care about all that i think it is beautiful.

To bad i cant have one

[edit on 13-4-2008 by 23Eulogy23]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuprDupr
Why anyone would want to own a spider, snake, lizard
or such is beyond me. But to each his own.

If you were allowed to have them as pets I would get me
panda bear. I just find them so adorable!

You do realize a panda bear would eventually tear you apart right? They are freakin bears! It would be like having a grizzly for a pet.. Or a lion.. lol

As long as they are in a case I like to watch the creepy crawlers... The more aggressive the better..

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Aw elevated, you beat me to it. I love koala bears. I want 5 of them.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

*cutest infestation ever*.....

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

That's too funny, I started to put in my reply....Until it
ripped me to shreds...but I didn't want to shatter my dreams.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have a Cuban Tree Frog. It's nocturnal so it's been pretty boring.

I used to have a Green Tree Frog and an Anole share a tank. They were nice to have and fun to watch.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

Ya most of the pets you get like that are pretty boring after a while... You see em eat a few times and it's great, then it's not so much... That's when you pit them against each other for the final throw down... To the victor get the spoils... lol... Just kidding I wouldn't do that sort of thing... Besides my scorpion would win every fight.. Scorpions are by far the baddest of the bunch... Even camel spiders can't stand up to a scorpion...Not even a centipede!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My Fishy

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My sister has finally got her little daughter a bearded dragon, she made sure that they had read up on all its needs and got the proper tank to house it,

Its really quite sweet and even gets a little stroppy if you leave its light on to long,

Lol not sure im used to the feeding habbits yet, as they have to feed him the live locus and crickets as well as other things,

I will have to take some piccys as its just moved in to its big special tank,

top topics

join