It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Enough’s enough

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't even know were to begin to look for the reference to Mayans believing in 'galaxies' lol, but I'd like to know how they mapped the sky so accurately if they assumed the earth was flat, i'll keep looking for links to both though

edit: just remembered, haven't they found cave paintings that depict various stages of galaxy formation? obvioulsy, it didn't have 'this is a galaxy' next to it, but a curious coincidence (from many ancient civilisations, not just mayans). Then again, for this to be relevant, you'd have to assume that galaxies disperse like charged particles in a vacuum (charged also).

thanks. EMM

video.google.co.uk...

[edit on 4-4-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Celebrity Quote Of The Day: Lil Wayne Says Obama Heralds The End Of The World
SAYS US rapper Lil’ Wayne in Blender:

“The world is about to end in 2012… ’cause the Mayans made calendars, and they stop at 2012. I got encyclopedias on the bus. The world is about to end as we know it. You can see it already. A planet doesn’t exist - there’s no more Pluto. Planes are flying into buildings - and not just the Twin Towers. Mosquitos bite you and you die. And a black man and a woman are running for president.”

It must be true!! The world will end in 2012. A no name bum rapper is singing about it now, and it appears to be Obamas fault!!!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
I don't even know were to begin to look for the reference to Mayans believing in 'galaxies' lol, but I'd like to know how they mapped the sky so accurately if they assumed the earth was flat, i'll keep looking for links to both though

edit: just remembered, haven't they found cave paintings that depict various stages of galaxy formation? obvioulsy, it didn't have 'this is a galaxy' next to it, but a curious coincidence (from many ancient civilisations, not just mayans). Then again, for this to be relevant, you'd have to assume that galaxies disperse like charged particles in a vacuum (charged also).

thanks. EMM

video.google.co.uk...

might want to start out with a lil google search of mayan + symbol + galaxy

maybe?

www.mayanmajix.com...

-

new topics

<< 1   >>

join