It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Enough’s enough

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Far too much is going to happen this year for me. My diary is already full and I am still coming to terms with 2008.

Lets see what we have so far not including mundane political/sporting or religious events.

Starting with events with dates

January 31 — 433 Eros, the second-largest Near Earth Object on record is expected to pass Earth at 0.1790 astronomical units (Bugger all compared to TU24)

April 1 — The United States Census of 1940 is released to the public.(Should be interesting info there despite the release date)

April 17 — The United States will cede control of the military of the Republic of Korea after 50 years. (Just stand back and watch)

May 20 — Annular solar eclipse, a Sunday. (First of many alignments)

June 6 — Second and last solar transit of the planet Venus of this century (Second of many alignments)

October 19 — at 01:36 UTC, the Earth will be home to 7 billion people, according to the US Census Bureau (Unless they manage to pull off WWIII in time)

November 13 — Total solar eclipse (Another alignment)

November 28 — Penumbral lunar eclipse (Another alignment)

December 3 — Jupiter oppositions. (Yet another alignment)

December 21 — The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, completes its thirteenth cycle (This is the big one we have all been waiting for) The 2012 Winter Solstice will also occur on this day at 11:11 UTC

And events without dates but due that year.

The United Kingdom will complete a 5-year process to cease analogue television (End of the world for some?!?!)

Australia and Ireland will cease analogue television broadcasts. (End of the world for some more?!?!)

Some proponents of a peak oil catastrophe place major events in 2012 (Peak oil again?)

Terence McKenna's numerological novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which humankind will go through a great shift in consciousness. (Shift of consciousness. I will just be happy to be conscious)

The 1997 book The Bible Code claims that, a meteor, asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth. (433 Eros as mentioned above? Or something bigger and closer?)

Alien Disclosure will take place that year. (Must be when Nibiru gets here)

Planet X / Nibiru will arrive (Will be visible? Collide with earth? It’s inhabitants will enslave us?)

Return of Christ (Why he would want to come back here beats me)

Solar Pole Shift (The one we had 7 years ago wasn’t exciting enough)

Earth pole Shift (If the suns can, why cant ours)

Global Ice age (Global cooling is coming!!! Get your woolies on people!)

Global Heat wave (Global warming is coming!! Get your sunscreen on people!)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Project Blue Beam and the Dark Knight will come to fruition after Nov, 07 and continue through 2012.

I will be 28 years old and still have a slight drinking problem.

Jails will still be overcrowded, and Bush will still be president mysteriously.

But really, we'll just be the same people we are now. Eating, Drinking, Pooping, Tax-paying citizens of our respective nations.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
- All the targets of the Kyoto reports aim for 2012
- A cashless society in 2012
-We will pass through the middle of the milky-way ( height-wise ) that has more radiation and that will cause us to get enlightened ( about friggin' time
)

True, 2012 will be one of two things, a year as any other with the exception that there will be a substantial amount of disapointed/relieved people around that nothing ( out of the ordinary ) happened or a whole lot of people taken by suprise or flabbergasthed at the fact that this end of the world / worldchanging event was for real this time.

Place your bets

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Out of interest how will the Winter Solstice start at 1111 UTC on 21 Dec 2012? Surely it will start at 0001 in whichever time zone you are in.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I was going to try and explain in my own words but for the sake of clarity wiki says....

The winter solstice occurs at the instant when the Sun's position in the sky is at its greatest angular distance on the other side of the equatorial plane from the observer.

So solstice although often referred to as being the day but for the purpose of this referece it is actually a moment in the day.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Most if not all of the Arctic ice is supposed to be gone by 2012 and may become habitable to long term settlement. It would explain why the US and Russia are sending fleets at each other up there.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalamander

Thank you. forgot about that....there is word that places in Siberia is green for the first time in memory. Hundreds of thousands hectares of land is said to be exposed and is good for ag uses now.
What else have I missed?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You forgot the 2012 Olympics!

Will the aliens or Jesus be entering?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

I did say excluding sporting events, but in this light things might be different.
Love the cartoon. Absolutely Hillary-ous

Maybe after disclosure we might finally have a TRUE Mr. Universe

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
if its one thing about the end of the world that pisses me off the most, its 2012. I did a persuasive essay on the end of the world being crap, one of the topics was extensive research into 2012. In short i know of at least 400 claims the world was gonna end seince 1850. Iv looked into all the major predictions, y2k, and so on. And the reality is it just wont happen. I came to the conclusion that the end fo thr world was built up from the basic human fear of death, thats all. sorry people, but its true.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus

I will be 28 years old and still have a slight drinking problem.

Yeah i'll be 31 and will still have both my drinking and gambling habit, bring on ww3
i think this will stem my drinking but not by much
bet you for it

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by schwarzwald22

Or it is something like the boy who cried wolf and it is going to happen this time.

Anyway, if nothing happens, i had a great time reading up on it

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
What can be said about people who have spent a fortune building underground living quarters cut deep into a mountain in the middle of a forest where they have installed power generators, water well pumping systems and stored every sort of food stuff to last for years? What can be said about people who've stock piled an arsenal of weapons and ammo, including swords and bows and knives? What can be said about people who have built their own satellite systems and network of video cameras to view for miles around their underground haven? What can be said about people who have stockpile gold and platinum bullion and thousands of gallows of gasoline and diesel, and cases of oil? What can be said about people who have built work shops for mechanical and wood working, and have horded away every sort of wire, nut, bolt and hardware? What can be said about people who have dug a motor pool 100 feet into a mountain and filled it with every sort of vehicle; gas, diesel and electric? What can be said about people who have ultra lights and a helicopter, and even boats stuck away in their underground haven? What can be said about people who would spend almost $6 million dollars doing such a thing? Would such people be crazy? I am curious.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
-We will pass through the middle of the milky-way ( height-wise ) that has more radiation and that will cause us to get enlightened ( about friggin' time
)

Has the above ever been clearly stated? The whole 26,000 year cycle thing is vague at best.

I'll turn 29 in 2012.

I think a lot of the predictions based around 2012 rely heavily on numerology, as far as the Gregorian calendar goes at least. In my opinion 2013 will be a much more interesting year.

You’ve got to love Wikipedia trivia (2013) –

In this year, it will be the first year since 1987 that there hasn't been a 'double' of any number in the year. (Ex. 1989 has two 9's; 1991 has two 9's and two 1's; 2004 had two 0's; and so on.)

[edit on 4/4/08 by thebox]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

It can be said they believe something is definitly up and they are terrified to die. Good thing is if they really did that, not all knowledge will disapear if something apocalyptic will happen.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebox

)

Has the above ever been clearly stated? The whole 26,000 year cycle thing is vague at best.

It has been clearly stated by several 2012 sites. but yesterday i wrote something that's kinda ontopic for this one.

Nice thread.

The theory i find most plausible based on the little i think i know of the workings of the universe is that our solarsystem is traveling to a part of the Milky way that has a higher level of vibration/radiation/insert terminology here, namely the middle of it. I think the Mayans, regarding the astronomers they where knew that this would be happening.

So if we are really mainly or even totally made out of energy-vibrations condensed at a level that we seem solid any kind of increased level of energy will have an impact on beings residing in that area. So yeah, we will enter a hightend area of energy and are doing it as we speak so we will have consequenses because of that.

That we are entering a piece of space that affects our solarsystem can be backed by the following link Pluto warming up Google link

That we are indeed flying through the galaxy at an angle can be backed too: Solar System Sails Sideways Through Milky Way Google link

This picture is from 2004, not sure about the validity of the site btw but i think it can be researched further. The picture however is very close to what i believe is happening.

Anyway, in short. Even without touching the spiritual or 2012 doomsites there is a case to be made something is indeed up. And i think vibration meeting vibration alters both both of them ( there is something called anti-sound or something the cancels out other sounds, Active noise control ) So yeah, the solarsystem is warming up, not only the earth no, there are signs to be found we are going through the centreline of the milkyway and vibration alters other kindsof vibration when passing through it.

Ok, maybe we will die of radiation sickness or whatever, but yeah, i'd like to think there is a possibility that the vibration will give us some help in activating our dorment abilities.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

The theory i find most plausible based on the little i think i know of the workings of the universe is that our solarsystem is traveling to a part of the Milky way that has a higher level of vibration/radiation/insert terminology here, namely the middle of it. I think the Mayans, regarding the astronomers they where knew that this would be happening.

So if we are really mainly or even totally made out of energy-vibrations condensed at a level that we seem solid any kind of increased level of energy will have an impact on beings residing in that area. So yeah, we will enter a hightend area of energy and are doing it as we speak so we will have consequenses because of that.

This is what is so fascinating to me, galactic change *has* to affect the planet. It's the domino effect in action.

If nothing occurs in 2012 I'll be pretty disappointed!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

Would such people be crazy? Could be. But since they're armed with all that stuff I'm not going to ask them.

These people are preparing for the future.
They dont all see the same future

They are expecting the worst that humanity has to offer

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I may have got this wrong, but didn't the mayans believe that there calendar, was for the galactic year, thats why it's so long? the time it takes for the galaxy to fully rotate round its core. I think this is were most doomsday prophecies are coming from, they see that the calendar ends and since it measure such a large span of time, it must be the end of the world [insert scenario]. I agree with the idea that earth is passing through the Oort cloud, and so there is more energy (EM!!), which in turn increases the vibration of all things on earth living or not, aswell as not on earth. Ill try and find a link, but the entire solar system is undergoing environmental changes, and it isnt just heating up, from what I remember, they found ice caps on mercury!! lol (isnt mercury meant to be 600-700 degrees F?!?!) and the sun is it's hottest in decades (yet we're still blamed for global warming) very intriuging indeed if these reports can be substantiated.

thanks. EMM

findarticles.com...

[edit on 4-4-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Couple of corrections to your post

For the Sun to rotate around the galaxy is approx 220 million years.
The Oort cloud is on the edge of our Solar system.

A couple of other pointers for the other Mayan followers:

The Mayans had no concept of galaxy (anyone want to give evidence to the contrary are quite welcome)
The Mayans believed the world was flat, which I believe just buggers up the idea of alien contact.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join