It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the age of accountability - killing Your Kids for Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I’m going to step out of the bible this time and talk about a none biblical belief that a lot of Christians still hold, it’s called the age of accountability, the belief that children are pure and innocent in the mind of god and that they will be sent to heaven regardless of the actions they’ve committed. Some religions have a specific date - a specific age in which this age of accountability kicks in. For others it’s just a general thing that when ever they reach a mentally stable point, but for some it’s a specific birthday.

Imagine a child who’s 8 years old, your child is seven years old it’s the day before the birthday, right now your child is still innocent in god’s eyes – pure and spotless and clean but tomorrow on their birthday they automatically become sinful and deserve the fiery pits of hell overnight, completely changes them in god’s eyes.

Now if you’re a Christian that doesn’t believe in the age of accountability stop reading it doesn’t apply to you – I don’t need replies saying how the age of accountability doesn’t exist because frankly I don’t care and besides that means that you believe god is torturing children who die before they’re old enough to accept Jesus and that makes your god pretty much a monster – so if that’s what you want to worship that’s fine by me.

But for the rest of you who do believe god will forgive sins for children but won’t forgive them for adults who get beyond a certain age or children who get beyond a certain age for that matter, why don’t you kill your kids?

Look at Andrea Yates, she killed her children because she believed god told her to, she believed it was the only way she could make it to heaven and frankly if the age of accountability is correct then she may’ve been right – she may have done the only thing she could to save their souls. These children may have rejected Jesus and gone on to do other things and ended up burning in hell forever but for being killed before they were old enough to be accountable for their actions they were rushed straight to heaven. In fact if the age of accountability is true then abortion doctors are bringing more souls to Christ then missionaries.

If the age of accountability exists then the best thing that a Christian can do is to become an abortion doctor or to bomb preschools or alimentary schools, kill the kids before they’re old enough to be hold responsible. It’s the only way you can guarantee that you’re bringing their souls to Christ. Now yes you are putting your own soul at risk and I understand god said thou shall not kill but you can always repent later.

It’s an amazingly selfless act to send millions of souls to be with god – to send all these souls to heaven and save them from the fires of hell while knowingly sending yourself directly to hell.

Most parents out their would willingly jump in front of a truck if it meant they could throw their kid out of the way even if they knew it would cost them their lives doing so. Is your eternal life so much different from your physical life – would you be one to cast your own eternal life to hell in order to save your child and make sure they got to live in an eternity of bliss – if not why?

[edit on 1-4-2008 by andre18]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Whoa, dude, I think you need to take a chill pill. You're scaring me here.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Andrea Yates was mentally disturbed. Killing your kids before they reach the age of accountabilty, although despicable for many reasons, denys them their free will. They have a right to chose to follow or deny just as much as anyone else does.

As a parent who is a Christian, I hope that my children make the right decisions throughout their lives. To deny them that choice by killing them before they reach that age is not a decision Id be willing to make.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I can see where this discussion could become a slug-fest, so I will post now to remind everyone to be civil.

I am watching, this and all CiR threads; as I promised.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Mar 10:14 But when Jesus saw [it], he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

No 'child' will go to hell!
There's other passages, but, I can't remember them.
I have two already baptised children. They were instructed in the ways of God before they were born, while listening and growing in the womb.

According to Jewish bah mitzvah or bat mitzvah(sp?);
Judaism 101

Under Jewish Law, children are not obligated to observe the commandments, although they are encouraged to do so as much as possible to learn the obligations they will have as adults. At the age of 13 (12 for girls), children become obligated to observe the commandments. The bar mitzvah ceremony formally marks the assumption of that obligation, along with the corresponding right to take part in leading religious services,

I think children will learn from their parents and repent when the time comes.

"Kill them to save them?"
That's murder!
Andrea Yates was using God to cover her weak, twisted, self-absorbed, depressed personality.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I've never heard of this "age of accountablity" before - disturbing, but interesting.

Wow.

To think that some have taken the teachings of Christ and twisted them around into this fashion...frightening.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I understand playing devils advocate and looking at things from a differant perspective but this one really takes the cake, Id rather be reading about the mother ship. How can you advocate or even suggest that Killing children off before they reach an age of accountability. Perhaps if you had children you would understand that they are a special gift given to us by God. I'm going to stop there before I really get going. For the Op, now honestly tell me where you get these ideas from? I would also appreciate it if when making such statements you would also post your own view points on the subject as well as debating the issue.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by andre18

Mar 10:14 But when Jesus saw [it], he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

No 'child' will go to hell!
There's other passages, but, I can't remember them.
I have two already baptised children. They were instructed in the ways of God before they were born, while listening and growing in the womb.

According to Jewish bah mitzvah or bat mitzvah(sp?);
Judaism 101

Under Jewish Law, children are not obligated to observe the commandments, although they are encouraged to do so as much as possible to learn the obligations they will have as adults. At the age of 13 (12 for girls), children become obligated to observe the commandments. The bar mitzvah ceremony formally marks the assumption of that obligation, along with the corresponding right to take part in leading religious services,

I think children will learn from their parents and repent when the time comes.

"Kill them to save them?"
That's murder!
Andrea Yates was using God to cover her weak, twisted, self-absorbed, depressed personality.

As far as the Jewish bah mitzvah traditions, bear in mind as Christians we are not held to the Tanakh (old testament) or the Torah (first 5 books of the old testament used as the basis for all Jewish law) . Not to say that they are not a good guideline but they really have no binding hold on Christians. The apostle Paul tells us this in Romans 7

Ro 7:4 So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.
Ro 7:5 For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death.
Ro 7:6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code

Just for your own personal edification and enlightenment.

Now to the topic of killing children before they reach the age of accountability. Just when I think I have heard everything to demonize people for their faith. To even suggest such a thing goes against everything the bible teaches. It gets kind of old when people want to kick around an entire faith because of some misguided fools who proclaimed to be of that faith.

But I will tell you why in terms you can understand. We want as many souls to go to heaven as we can get. So we set it up like a pyramid scheme. We teach our children our faith. Our children share their faith and convert even more people to our faith. Then our children and the people they converted teach their children and so on and so on. Its a giant conspiracy. It realy is. But what people do not realize is that we are not out to harm human victims. We just want to deny the devil as many souls as we can.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by photobug

Well I don’t believe in the Christian doctrine so the question doesn’t apply to me – my view though I suppose would be that if I was a Christian I’d probably be accepting everyone Christianity as to offer and believe in the age of accountability.

Now would I kill my child if I was a parent? I would most likely pray for guidance and read from the bible for a clearer direction in which would result in finding this verse -

Psalm 51:5 – I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me

So yeah I probably would because if I didn’t I’d have to believe god is torturing children who die before they’re old enough to accept Jesus.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

This post is incredibly sick and does not represent the perspective of Christians or the Bible. It's a deliberate attempt to provoke by twisting and perverting the truth. Pathetic. Hating does not become you.

Children are innocent because they do not know better. It is as simple as that.

The justice system works the same way. For instance you can not be tried as an adult until a certain age.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

But for the rest of you who do believe god will forgive sins for children but won’t forgive them for adults who get beyond a certain age or children who get beyond a certain age for that matter, why don’t you kill your kids?

Why would someone kill their kids? Killing a kid is murder and is against religion and civil law. If a Christian takes their child's life then the Christian is not a Christian because they are breaking the rules of the religion.

My 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I find it interesting how the mind of some people operate. I realize you wouldn't condone such activity in the real world but, nonetheless, it still amazes me how far reaching one can go in their thought processes when warring against a certain group of people they hold in contempt.

What will you come up with next?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Leaving aside the disturbing element of such a theory,i'll ask questions instead.

You say,lets not even bother with birth,lets abort all children asap and Jesus can have them as sunbeams;Exactly how long do you think it will be before the human race starts to die out? And if the human race decided to do mass genocide on a scale never ever seen before,do you think God will just sit back and accept it? Do you believe he would allow people take away his most precious gift;life?

[edit on 2-4-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

So yeah I probably would because if I didn’t I’d have to believe god is torturing children who die before they’re old enough to accept Jesus.

of course you know EXACTLY how god would judge them.

seriously, i think you get my vote for most unreasonable.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Well I don’t believe in the Christian doctrine so the question doesn’t apply to me – my view though I suppose would be that if I was a Christian I’d probably be accepting everyone Christianity as to offer and believe in the age of accountability.

Now would I kill my child if I was a parent? I would most likely pray for guidance and read from the bible for a clearer direction in which would result in finding this verse -

Psalm 51:5 – I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me

I don't think this is nessesarily a Christian doctrine. It's a basic question regarding any faith in God and whether or not there is an age when one becomes accountable to their God. Since you do not believe in the christian doctrine what exactly is it that you believe in?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Well I don’t believe in god, I’m an atheist – my point in this thread is to show the craziness region has to offer the world with such things as the age of accountability, which is actually accepted in quite a few churches. All I’m doing is opening your eyes to what religion can create – I never said I support it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Thank you. I was only asking for your views to understand your post better. Please don't insult me into your way of thinking. I have not pushed my views on you, and I dont expect you to push yours on me. There is no need to take an arrogant stance. you only need to state your opinion or views. It is up to the reader to decipher this information for himself. Your arrogance will only turn peple off to your way of thinking.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Hay lets not get personal....don't make me drag out the bs religion's done over the centuries......I’m just pointing out one of the many insane things religion creates....

“insult me into your way of thinking” ooooookkaaayyyyy theeennnn…..wow, because of course it’s not like Christians go around bombing abortion clinics or anything, nah, it’s not like the president of America uses his religious beliefs in politics….nahhhhh

[edit on 3-4-2008 by andre18]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I am aware of the contradictions, but being on a conspiracy board you must also learn to differentiate the deceptions religion has placed upon believers and non believers alike. Ask yourself why would they purposely decieve or distort.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think you just started this thread for the fun of getting people upset, so I am reluctant to take the bait. The one thing I want to mention is that Christians believe that accepting Christ washes away sin. This can be done at any age, even if the person is above the age of accountability. So the children wouldn't need to be killed to be sinless before God; they could just repent and accept Jesus Christ as their savior.

And this is coming from me, an agnostic.

new topics

top topics

join