It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Movement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have been as if in a bubble my entire life. I was raised in a Christian home and thought constantly of the rapture as a way of escape for most "good" people. It was not until 2 years ago that I saw flaws in religion and began to look elsewhere for answers.

We have all watched the news, and have been witnesses to the atrocities of man. War ravages the lands, and would-be dictators make new laws to control the masses. Gas prices rise, while children starve in their homes at night... if they have homes.

And my quest has brought me face to face with an obvious, but unlikely question:

What would happen if the people on this planet joined together? In a movement so large, so determined... that they could not be turned away. And if, in one common voice we shouted, "Enough is enough!"

Call it dreaming if you wish. Perhaps the imagination of a man who desires mankind to grow beyond itself. We are all fortunate to have a place to discuss theories, and what if's? here on ATS. So I would ask a what if...

Men stopped fighting. Stopped funding wars. Stopped creating fear for the ability to control. And instead, funded science. Funded research to cure more diseases. To rid the planet of illiteracy once and for all. To stop selfish tyrannical dreams, and instead focus on the common goal of good.

I think the planet would be much better off. TV Commercials wouldn't have to beg for money to help cure breast cancer. You wouldn't have to see the images of a small black child in Africa covered in flies. And you wouldn't have to see old men on the corners with signs that read, "Please help. Bad choices put me here".

This world could be exactly what it should. But it would take a loud voice. And not of one man, but of all. And perhaps it would go down in history not as a revolt that changed the planet, but instead... as the new movement.

Your thoughts... if you please.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The problem is that people (especially here in America) are diluted. We have become literally soulless.

How do you tell someone who is in love with money that we need to ascend as a culture? This is no longer a spiritual or even logical race. And here we sit with some answers and no money to get those answers heard. We have the *** end of the stick.

This is now a religion of money and power. It will fall soon and out of the ashes will come those with interest in bettering society. But eventually, it will turn full circle right back to money.

Makes me ill.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
But what about the people with Money? That would mean they'd have to give some of it up and *gasp* live normally?

People are too selfish...not everyone would support it, and some would even be offended at the thought of having to part with their "hard earned cash".

I for one, think it would be great if we could all just get along, and stop the wars, and the fighting....but unfortunately, war is good for the Economy...war makes money. And when all you care about is money, nothing else matters. Lives don't matter. Its pretty sick.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I truly admire your idealism and wish the dream could be realized; but I feel that man is much to primitive in spirit to work for the common good.
Even with all the high tech trappings of contemporary western society, people would resort to savagery, chaos and anarchy if for some reason the power grid went down an everyone became hungry. Deep in human psyche we are still base savages and ultimately only care about ourselves and perhaps our immediate family. We worship strength, warriors and shun the weak and infirm. Until that changes; we cannot evolve into the race the good Lord envisioned.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Well... I thought about those points when I wrote this thread. I know money makes the world go 'round. And it's extremely sad. The rich will always be rich. Even if somehow, men did join together to rid this place of war, they would figure out how to make money in their evil endeavors anyways.

This only brings to mind one other question which does cause an immense amount of grief: Why are we trying then?

Perhaps this planet deserves the destruction we are so eagerly seeking. Doesn't mean give up exactly, but rather.. maybe we should just focus on fulfilling our own selfish agendas as well. *shrugs*

Despite what Anne Frank said, I don't think there is good in all people. It seems some are driven by evil intent itself. And they have somehow gained control of this planet, and are boldly destroying it.

They say these are the best times to be alive... perhaps. But I think it is also the saddest of days...

top topics

join