It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange... helicopter... in the night sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I really thought this was a helicopter, but I don't know. The sighting took place late summer last year.

I saw a somewhat low-flying object moving in the sky. It was an orange light (about the size of Sirius), but it was moving in a straight path, like a helicopter. The strange thing is that I don't remember it having any flashing lights. Wouldn't a helicopter have flashing lights by law? Also, there were quite a few things in the sky over that span of about 30 minutes. (I know I heard a helicopter at some point.)

Also, I thought I saw a similar light "landing" up on a hill. The orange light seemed to dim over a few seconds until it went out. It seemed to be in the direction the thing in the sky was headed, so maybe it was just the trees blocking my view as the object flew away.

A few minutes later, I saw the orange light in the air again. I heard the sound of a helicopter, but I didn't see anything else. If this thing was a helicopter, as I suspect, then why did it have an orange light and nothing flashing?

It could have been a sky lantern. There was a HS football game that night and the stadium wasn't too far away. I'm not sure though.... a sky lantern would move somewhat irregularly. This thing moved in a straight path, plus I was convinced it was a helicopter. None of the glo-lantern/sky lantern pictures I'm finding online look like what I saw. So if this was a helicopter, then why no flashing lights?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If it had an orange light accompanied with small red lights I would say helicopter. We have a guy with a helicopter not far from here, when he flies around at night it looks alot like a UFO. But yes, the sound of a helicopter will give it away. Also, observing the object long enough you'll notice how slowly it changes elevation compared to lateral movement - helicopters in motion have that characteristic.

I once saw a silent craft with orange lights hover past my window, over my lawn and into the neighboring fields. Pretty sure that wasn't a helicopter.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Maybe the red lights were overpowered by the orange light? I think that would be illegal though.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You ever heard of the great pumpkin? Something to consider.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Somehow, I doubt something from a Halloween Peanuts special jumped into the night sky.

I'm not saying this is something from another planet. I'm pretty sure it was a helicopter, but I don't know why it had such a bright orange light.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
A sky lantern would not move erratically.
Once it has reached a stable height, it would just move in a straight line until its fuel was spent

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
ORANGE LIGHTS

Somebody with codename, grayfox, saw the same exact thing, look at the above link. There might be something to it.

Grayfox, comein. (RADIO NOISE) Come in Grayfox. (RADIO NOISE) Charlie, Alpha, Bravo, Delta.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Sorry. That topic was also created by me.

Would a sky lantern really move straight across the sky? Wouldn't it change elevation a bit? I also thought it was strange that I saw another orange light later, which didn't seem to originate from the direction of the stadium (plus I heard a helicopter when I saw the second, identical, orange light)

[edit on 2-4-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
Would a sky lantern really move straight across the sky? Wouldn't it change elevation a bit? I also thought it was strange that I saw another orange light later, which didn't seem to originate from the direction of the stadium (plus I heard a helicopter when I saw the second, identical, orange light)

[edit on 2-4-2008 by GrayFox]

Yes it could move straight across the sky.
Once they've reached their maximum height, they will only adjust height after their fuel is spent or a large change in air pressure.

The 2nd light could have originated from the same spot or person, or someone else was using them. If a football game was on, then there could have been a helicopter near by for coverage of the game/traffic/police. Due to the noise of helicopters, and especially if youre in a surburban area, the sound can bounce off walls/surfaces

You'll probably notice I use the word 'could' a few times. I like rational and simple explanations for things. So in theory, my answer 'could' explain what you saw, but until it 'proves' what you saw, what you saw remains an Unidentified Flying Object.

Hate saying UFO as people get over excited by it

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Thanks. I suppose I'll never know for sure though, unless someone else sees the same thing sometime and can positively identify it as.... whatever it is. Maybe I'll see it again this summer and figure out this minor mystery.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Orange UFO Linked to alien abduction and foreign object implantation

www.alienlovebite.com...

"Yes, an unusual set of events took place with another witness involving an orange glowing UFO one evening about a week before the surgery.

Does this correlate to your experience?

new topics

top topics

join