It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams about Guns....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I keep having these dreams about Guns...It's really strange. In my dreams on numerous occasions(lately), i have been faced with a Gun. So I try and take the gun away. I usually succeed. Where I falter is with the pulling of the trigger.

Most of the time, the person I'm pointing the gun at, is someone who wants to kill me, or otherwise cause me harm. In some cases I pull the trigger and the gun just "clicks". No round goes off. And in some cases, the gun works, but the bullets "bounce" off of the person. In one dream, I couldn't even pull the trigger, its like it was stuck....the person in my dream ended up with the gun again, and I tried to run away.

I've had two nightmares in the past week that involved the malfunction of a gun... has anyone else had any experiences like this in their dreams? Or can someone shed some light on why I might be dreaming this way?

**For the Record, I've grown up around guns, and although I don't consider myself an excellent marksman, I am well acquainted with the guns in my dream. The gun is ususally a S&W 9mm, or a S&W .357 Revolver. Both Guns i grew up shooting.**

Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
CA_O

I don't remember ever dreaming about guns, but I very seldom remember any dream. Perhaps the link below will shed some light....

www.newagedirectory.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Has anybody been threatening you recently?

Sounds like you have some kind of an issue that needs to be dealt with, something that's been dragging on and needs some closure: a final ending.

Good Luck

MonKey

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys!

MonKey - No...no ones been threatening me...But I think you might be right in having an issue that has been dragging on...a need for closure...That makes sense....

Whaaa - Thanks for the site, it has been helpful!! There are some interesting interpretations of different symbols! I'll probably be referring back to this site in the future...

Again, thanks guys!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have had the malfunctioning gun dream on more occasions than I can count.

The most recent one, involved a huge alligator that was trying to kill me, and I had an AK-47. The gun was full auto and had endless ammo, but it was like 4 out of 5 shots were blanks, followed by one that was a paintball. Very frustrating.

I used to race motocross, and I always had the same dream around the time I was going to race. I would be lined up at the starting gate, ready to go, my bike running, and warmed up. The gate falls, and everyone else takes off. My bike doesn't move. I look down and my motorcycle has peddles and is so heavy that I can't achieve forward motion. Very frustrating.

As a child I had several dreams where I was riding my bike, and it wouldn't go anymore. I would look down and it had footpegs like a motorcycle, but no peddles. Very frustrating.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Downtown... Hmm... I've had dreams similar to you, that I haven't been able to run, or move, or talk....at the most important moments when I am supposed to..

Do you still have those dreams? of Not being able to race? or the heavy pedals...?

Yeah, the paintball thing has happend to me before....but the rubber bullets...that just "bounce" off...are REALLy strange...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

A lot( I say a lot) of people that shoot seem to have this dream or some variant of it. Makes you do a weapons check and a good cleaning.

I don't have these very often but I have some how learn to control my dreams or I think I can and I clear the jam or problem and take action.

Roper

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I too have a problem pulling the trigger in my dreams especially with hand guns. For whatever reason the trigger is a god damn pain to pull. I have to squeeze the entire gun to get one shot off.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yeah I've had a few malfunctioning gun dreams. It is pretty frustrating when you think somethings trying to kill you and the gun won't fire for some stupid reason you've thought up in your head.

I've also had a few malfunctioning fists dream. Where I couldn't punch in a straight line

I think it has something to do with how stuff never works properly in dreams, like if you look at clock in your dream for example it says 6:02 am, and you turn your head then look at it again and the time is completely different.

-Will

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Its really irritating to be standing there with a gun in your face (in a dream of course) and the gun won't go off. Instead they shoot at you... What I don't like, is when it fires, but they are rubber bullets. That makes me feel powerless. It makes me feel like no matter what I do, the bullets will still do no damage as they are rubber....Not so fun when you are terrified in your dreams.

Basilis, I've also had the frusterating dreams where I can't punch either!! its extremely frusterating!!!

As for the Clock stuff, It probably has something to do with our interpretations of reality as well, for me, I would look at the clock in my dream and it will be half an hour fast, telling me I'm late for whatever it is I'm doing. (As I am always late for everything, I'm always in a hurry). And the second time I look at it, it will be an hour, and suddenly I am rushing out the door to get wherever it is I have to go..

Dreams are a funny thing...Perhaps its my own insecurities about myself that make it impossible for the gun to Function properly... Who knows!

Where is that Sigmund Freud when you need him?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I have a wonderfully delightful dream that seams to reoccur randomly, the first part is always different, but somehow I end up walking down a street and for some reason I just turn around and I can't see the person, but I see (in a split second, all of this, think sudden scene in a movie, like the surprise UHHH! moment) the end of a gun, and then BANG loud as hell, see the flash and all.......then wake up about a foot in the air off the bed..... no fun.

Wierd part is, my ears will LITERALLY be ringing like someone really shot a gun.

I 2nd the "fist malfunction dream" thing as well.

I don't think that I've ever laughed at myself harder in my life, as the tme that I woke up in my bedroom floor with my pillow in a headlock beating the everloving piss out of it! haha....I was prolly 15-16 or so....but I will never forget that one.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hey, interesting dream.

Maybe it's about an issue or problem you need to face. But you're afraid if you face it, it won't go well and it'll backfire on you and you'll be in the same position you were before?

Hope this helps

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I haven't had one of these dreams in a long time - but I'm pretty sure they were coming from "un-resolved" issues. Most likely that was the case - as I haven't had any dreams in a while...

Dreams are such an interesting thing - they can really tell you a lot about yourself...

- Carrot

new topics

top topics

join