It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it really have to be like this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Back in the day, when I was a kid, we lived in another country. Panama to be specific. For 3 yrs of my life I ran around the jungles with kids not of my race or with my social upbringing. What I mean by this is we didn't have anything in common other then being kids in the same area, and yet that was one of the happiest times of my life. Our parents didn't worry about our safety, they didn't fight about our social differences, there was no compitition for superiority. We just lived, worked, and played together from day to day. There was cooperation in our small part of the world, and each of us felt protected by the whole community.

This was in the 60's and although we were far removed from America at that time, the civil unrest in this country did filter down to us. We saw the images on TV of the hippy movement and the radical protests against the Viet Nam war, and we were, to some degree affected by this, but it wasn't until I became an adult and took an interest in research that I understood what had happened in this country at that time.

In ATS we talk about conspiracies, and the fear is prevalent. I've been involved in some of these conversations and what I've noticed is that there is a common vain moving throughout each. A cry for a collective consciousness. The world has become a dangerous and volitile place, but as we move through these difficult times, we look for answers to make it better.

We lived in Panama from 1968 to 1972 and during that time there were political coos going on all around us, but our little community, for some reason, was able to put aside racial differences, economic differences, social differences, etc... and for that 3 yrs we lived in harmony. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. What made the difference? The world continued to spin out of control around us, but it seemed so other worldly to me at the time. What I remember is being able to play outside, until late in the evening. If I was hungry, tired, thirsty, or just needed to be near an adult, I could go to any of my neighbors houses and get my needs met. My friends in turn spent their share of time sitting in front of our TV (we were one of the few families on the block who had a TV) or at our dinner table. There was no desire to push anyone away, no desire to exclude anyone.

Yes there were disagreements, gossip, jealousy's, etc... but no one in our neighborhood seemed to be segregated from the group, in fact, if one of the ppl we were used to seeing, stopped coming around everyone started to ask questions, and eventually a search would be on. lol I'm not saying it was perfect. We kids had our share of fist fights, but I don't remember ever feeling like I wanted the other kid to go away.

I think the reason there was harmony at that time was because of a collective consciousness. No one was discussing a "Plan" outloud, it was just understood by daily actions that to be a part of this community you were going to be a "PART" of the community. I understand now how rare this sort of thing is but why couldn't the world be that way? With all the conspiracy theories in the world today, why couldn't we start a conspiracy to begin collective consciousness and cooperation. I know it sounds idealistic, and I suppose if I hadn't witnessed it in action, I'd think so too, but it's a wonderful experience and really not that hard to execute.

I stumbled across this video in youtube and thought it a great tribute to that era and a wonderful message for us all.

youtube.com...

Sorry guys, you have to confirm your age to watch it. lol

[edit on 1-4-2008 by enchantress62]

new topics

join