It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bill To Block Bush Attending Games

page: 2
3
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If he wants to go that's fine with me, but I don't think he should go in an official capacity. Considering China's human rights abuses I think we should join Germany and hopefully lead a larger boycott of the opening ceremonies. If Bush wants to go, then that's fine, he can go as George W. Bush. But I don't think it's a very good representation of the American people to go as our president.




posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
reply to post by SaadAdam
 


I usually don't respond to such debates, but I have been making a habit as of late.


yeh its fun isent it wierd news and stuff that aint very cospiracy related though this is abit cospiracy related
to me everything is a cospiracy really



Originally posted by West Coast
Bush is a representation of the American people. So, since he is Americas representative, if the American people feel that Bush going to genocidal china is a bad thing, and they do not want one man representing 300 million people, than by all means, do not allow him go. America has stood for freedom and democracy, and has even fought in the "name of democracy," wouldn't it make America a hypocrite just a bit, if it were to somehow condone these genocidal actions by the Chinese government, if Bush were to go?


Sometimes i thin kthe american people dont stand for there rights as much as us australians do wene the goverment trys a shifty move like we see alot in america thay slowly taking away freedom i rekon he shouldent go y should he go he allready embarresed the richest country well not really him but he does do slip ups and mistakes.



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
If he wants to go that's fine with me, but I don't think he should go in an official capacity. Considering China's human rights abuses I think we should join Germany and hopefully lead a larger boycott of the opening ceremonies. If Bush wants to go, then that's fine, he can go as George W. Bush. But I don't think it's a very good representation of the American people to go as our president.


It would be much nice for someone more respectable to go i dont think ppl really care about BUSh anymore he is a lame ass pig that we dont care about anymore because his hopeless acts against mankind. Killing innocent humans across the world is not cool BUSH!!!!.


apc

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by West Coast
 

Unless he goes to engage in some sort of negotiations or something in a presidential capacity he is not acting as a formal representative.

Would I appreciate it if he at least didn't wear a "Mr. USA" sash at the event? Of course. But as I have zero intention of actually watching the Olympics and really don't care too much about image or what the rest of the world thinks, it wouldn't bother me if he did anyway. I wouldn't care if he went dressed in an American flag wearing a royal crown. Actually I might watch just to see that... maybe have him, Cheney, Condi, Gates, and call up Rummy to all arrive packed in a tiny car.



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
reply to post by West Coast
 

Unless he goes to engage in some sort of negotiations or something in a presidential capacity he is not acting as a formal representative.

Would I appreciate it if he at least didn't wear a "Mr. USA" sash at the event? Of course. But as I have zero intention of actually watching the Olympics and really don't care too much about image or what the rest of the world thinks, it wouldn't bother me if he did anyway. I wouldn't care if he went dressed in an American flag wearing a royal crown. Actually I might watch just to see that... maybe have him, Cheney, Condi, Gates, and call up Rummy to all arrive packed in a tiny car.


Its funny u will probely see him flagging a lil usa flag around and laughing and waving out like everyone loves him but what everyone is looking @ and smiling is how stupid he looks doing it



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I wouldn't care if he went dressed in an American flag wearing a royal crown. Actually I might watch just to see that... maybe have him, Cheney, Condi, Gates, and call up Rummy to all arrive packed in a tiny car.


Like clowns at the circus!!


What an apt analogy, have another star!!



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I hope he does go....


and then there is a massive popular revolt and he is caught in the middle of it, along with China's evil leaders, and the whole lot of them are tortured and killed. And then China becomes a free country!

lol, just dreaming!



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
As two-faced as Congress is, I am sure if this bill were passed, and Bush didn't go...Congress would turn around and bash him for not attending.



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
EXCUSE ME !!!!

The Olympic Games are for atheletes to compete against each other over various tests, whether it be the 100mtrs or the marathon, whether it be on the floor mat or high bars, the swimming pool or high board.

If any country pulls out then it will be to the detriment of their own atheletes who have trained over the last four years or more to try to win a gold medal for their country.

Hopefully the rival nations will not make this another political geographical we say you say agenda.


Wolfie



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK
 


That's the idealized reasoning behind the Olympic games.

But the dirty truth is; the true underlying motivations all concern going for the gold.

That is; the gold as in filthy lucre.

The sponsoring nation wants the political prestige of hosting the events, but the sponsoring corporate entities and athletes simply want the gold.

Gold medals equal golden opportunities for the winners to cash in.


The Olympics are one of the largest media events. In Sydney in 2000 there were over 16,000 broadcasters and journalists, and an estimated 3.8 billion viewers watched the games on television. The growth of the Olympics is one of the largest problems the Olympics face today. Although allowing professional athletes and attracting sponsorships from major international companies solved financial problems in the 1980s, the large number of athletes, media and spectators makes it difficult and expensive for host cities to organize the Olympics. For example the 2012 Olympics, which will be held in London, is based on an updated budget of over £9bn which is one of the biggest budgets for an Olympics to date. Even if sponsorships do lighten the load in terms of the debt that these countries make, one of the biggest problems faced is how will their economies cope with the extra financial burdens put on them.
Wikipedia | Olympic Games



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Like clowns at the circus!!



Thay are circus animals



Originally posted by goosdawg
What an apt analogy, have another star!!



What u mean by another star? do u guys get stars to add on posts or threads or something?



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333
I hope he does go....


and then there is a massive popular revolt and he is caught in the middle of it, along with China's evil leaders, and the whole lot of them are tortured and killed. And then China becomes a free country!

lol, just dreaming!


Not allways dreaming is cool like imagination imagine he is captured and we all dont care like how he never cares about his soldiers all we do is laugh on tv but i doubt that also its slack but if thay catch him the tibet soldiers would be cool



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
As two-faced as Congress is, I am sure if this bill were passed, and Bush didn't go...Congress would turn around and bash him for not attending.


yeh thats true i rekon thay will make another news post Bush should of went so he can make deals with other presidents and not left out now lets go to war thay dident invite me



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
EXCUSE ME !!!!

The Olympic Games are for atheletes to compete against each other over various tests, whether it be the 100mtrs or the marathon, whether it be on the floor mat or high bars, the swimming pool or high board.

If any country pulls out then it will be to the detriment of their own atheletes who have trained over the last four years or more to try to win a gold medal for their country.

Hopefully the rival nations will not make this another political geographical we say you say agenda.


Wolfie


iraq was in the last soccer cup i think it was the asian cup and thay won and this is during the war. america has no problems but the countrys leaders are so #ing stupid talking about this and that and not about the ppl thay should care about citizens not GW Bush not attending its lame sers.



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
reply to post by Wolfie_UK
 


That's the idealized reasoning behind the Olympic games.

But the dirty truth is; the true underlying motivations all concern going for the gold.

That is; the gold as in filthy lucre.

The sponsoring nation wants the political prestige of hosting the events, but the sponsoring corporate entities and athletes simply want the gold.
Gold medals equal golden opportunities for the winners to cash in.


I find it very unfair for small countrys who dream to win something for the country to make them proud we see a huge lineup for america and al lthe main big countrys and wene u see small countrys u see 5 people is it the olympics wont allow more or the country we dont know? i know there is more atheletes out there.



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg
 


Financial & Politics, the two most important words in your post.

I don't know about you, but for me, all the posturing and crap that gets said prior to events like the Olympics just reminds me of the school playground.

Politicians should be more concerned about running the country rather than trying to use those running for their country as a bandwagon, and who have given x amount of years in dedication to be able to compete at the highest level for their country.

Wolfie.

[edit on 2/4/08 by Wolfie_UK]



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
reply to post by goosdawg
 


Financial & Politics, the two most important words in your post.

I don't know about you, but for me, all the posturing and crap that gets said prior to events like the Olympics just reminds me of the school playground.

Politicians should be more concerned about running the country rather than those running for their country and who have given x amount of years in dedication to be able to compete at the highest level for their country.

Wolfie.


yeh i rekon that also thay should take care of the country witch is falling apart slowly because of the goverment? i just hope it never gos down because it aint gona be good the goverment wont need to worry thay can just move somewere and live rich but will have big unground gang bountys and # after them i know i would be after the goverment if thay #ed me over bad
.



posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Insanity! Truckers are going broke threatening strike. The US economy is in a death spiral. Families by the hundreds are going homeless. And this is the best they can do?! Ban Bush from the Olympics?! Sure he throws like a girl but WTFudgecakes?! I can't even be shocked any more.
West Coast....I pledge Bush goes into the ring with the best trained kickboxer China has to offer in a death duel. Now that, I would watch.
Ow! dang ...I'm the leader of the free f'in world gosh dangit....Ow sonafemale dog that one smarted...ow ...gonna sick my mama on you if you don't quit! dang can't we just get along... ow sonsofsons now I'm gettin' really torqued. I'd pay good, real good money to see that.
[edit on 2-4-2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 2-4-2008 by jpm1602]



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Insanity! Truckers are going broke threatening strike. The US economy is in a death spiral. Families by the hundreds are going homeless. And this is the best they can do?! Ban Bush from the Olympics?! Sure he throws like a girl but WTFudgecakes?! I can't even be shocked any more.
West Coast....I pledge Bush goes into the ring with the best trained kickboxer China has to offer in a death duel. Now that, I would watch.
Ow! dang ...I'm the leader of the free f'in world gosh dangit....Ow sonafemale dog that one smarted...ow ...gonna sick my mama on you if you don't quit! dang can't we just get along... ow sonsofsons now I'm gettin' really torqued. I'd pay good, real good money to see that.
[edit on 2-4-2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 2-4-2008 by jpm1602]


Yeh you are right america is falling apart and al lthay can talk about is bush attending a sports event like WTF!!!! grow up goverment fools i can run it better then these guys ay



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I checked the record for the last several days sittings. I think the Resolution in question is 628. I could be wrong.


This is it:

[H.RES.628.IH]

It calls on the President to threaten a US boycott, unless China stops supporting the genocide.... in the SUDAN/DAFUR.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join