It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalize it!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You know, with so many uses, why not make all these items, but if pot is so bad to smoke still keep it illegal... Why Lysergic you ask? Because I am not eager to inhale something that has had a bunch of # added to it, to keep me a customer... /barf ciggs /barf

If it ever did become a 100% legal, I'd have to keep growing my own.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Grow yer own anyway (uh.....if you are somewhere legal to do so, uh yeah), Just don't tell anyone and get an ioinizer.

A scrog box is the way to go!
Get an old dresser, a fridge or deep freezer and use your imagination. $150 gets you a nasty little grow hole as I call it.
With co2 and decent light you can pull a good bunch in as short as 2.5 months. Quality, now thats a different story, leave more time.

L8R
BAKED

lol...this is what I've heard anyway

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here is a good article from NORML on marijuana for personal use..

www.norml.org...

Introduction

Since the 1970s, more than a dozen government-appointed commissions have examined the effects of marijuana, and made public policy recommendations regarding its use. Overwhelmingly, the conclusions of these expert panels have been the same: marijuana prohibition causes more social damage than marijuana use, and the possession of marijuana for personal use should no longer be a criminal offense.

Disturbingly, these findings have typically fallen on deaf ears, often being dismissed by the very governments that appointed them. Taken together, however, they exemplify the consensus that exists among the scientific community in support of liberalizing the legal status of marijuana. Conversely, their omission in the present debate reflects the unfortunate reality that marijuana prohibition is perpetuated not by science, but rather by emotion and rhetoric. We do not let these factors dictate other public policies, nor should we let them dominate the debate over marijuana-law reform.

NORML encourages the role of science in this debate, and applauds the efforts of previous commissions that have examined this issue. In an effort to better publicize this work, NORML has compiled the findings from more than a dozen government-appointed drug advisory committees, and highlighted their recommendations regarding the legal status of marijuana. Their conclusions, as well as those of several prominent private commissions, are listed chronologically.

Government Commissioned Reports

�We believe � that the continued prohibition of cannabis jeopardizes the health and well-being of Canadians much more than does the substance itself or the regulated marketing of the substance. In addition, we believe that the continued criminalization of cannabis undermines the fundamental values set out in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and confirmed in the history of a country based on diversity and tolerance.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
alcohol and drugs are for the weak.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Bogus: Do you care to explain a little more about why you believe that...
please try and back up what you say...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
marijuana, if taken in small accounts (say a weekend user) is not addictive!

now, for those everyday smokers, it can and will be. seeing how to get the same high you have to do more and more.

but if you leave a week or so between every time you get high, it will have completely worn off and the same amount will give the same high.

jeeeeez the government is fighting a loosing battle. when 5th graders (no lie, i was in his class!) are selling it to junior high kids, you know your government sucks at enforcing the law, so why dont they just save themselves the embarassment of sucking and just legalize it?

at least then they wouldnt look so bad.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bogus
alcohol and drugs are for the weak.

Ok...did it ever occur to you that lots of people are for legalization, and don't even use marijuana? Just because of the positive impacts it would have on crime and society..imo. Drugs were put on Earth to enjoy...not saying that I use them, but if used responsibly I don't see what the problem is.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
jeeeeez the government is fighting a loosing battle. when 5th graders (no lie, i was in his class!) are selling it to junior high kids, you know your government sucks at enforcing the law, so why dont they just save themselves the embarassment of sucking and just legalize it?

at least then they wouldnt look so bad.

the government has lost the battle basically...I could drive anywhere in the country, any time, and most likely I could find someone to buy weed from in about an hour.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's hard for me to explain. I just find people who rely on substances like alcohol and drugs to be weak in mind, body and spirit.

The reason why someone would want to pollute themselves with such things completely eludes me.

I'm just strange, I guess =(

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Bogus]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I would liek to see it like legal but they would have to add some additive that doesnt make you lazy. If about 50 percent of the population smoked atleast 30% of them would not want to do anythign cause theyd smoke so much. I cant see it being legal because it would make alot of lazy men. The time I can see it legal is when this generation of teens grow up and enter congress. Obviously, congressional members grew up hippes and im sure they smoked but they arent going for legality. I think they would know how the country would be if it was legal. You have responsable users and abusers. Its just a funny topic to play around with, legal or not.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Weed never made me lazy..you sound like somebody who knows next to nothing and maybe have had a friend or too that tried it...

At my old job I got to smoke weed all day everyday..If we happened to have some weed we would enjoy our jobs alot more then usual...

And the whole idea about how people need to smoke more and more to get high...That is b.s sort of...because when ever I get a quater pound I always get what we call "perma smoked"...After smoking blunt after blunt for a couple days you really stop getting high altogether..Now you may say "well thats were your problem lies"..but no....The more pot you smoke the less fun it is and the faster you become bored of it..

So how can something that gets less addictive the more you use it be illegal???

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
mcgotti, i agree.

and also, im not saying this is an EXCUSE.....but from an artists standpoint, soooooo many new ideas pop into your head. ideas that might be there but when youre sober outhink no that wont work or no it wont look good. when your a bit tipsy you think.......who cares im doin it! itll be fun!

looking back on your work you will be AMAZED at the wonderful things you can produce, that you never would have because your logical half of the brain kicks in and you think...nahhh it wont look good.

once again, thats not necessarily an excuse, but it is an aid in the argument.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bogus
It's hard for me to explain. I just find people who rely on substances like alcohol and drugs to be weak in mind, body and spirit.

The reason why someone would want to pollute themselves with such things completely eludes me.

I'm just strange, I guess =(

You still didn't answer the question as to WHY you feel this way. I know you are perfect and God put you here to JUDGE people for something you obviously know NOTHING about.

So you are saying to the population of the world that drinks that they are weak? What about the people that use alchol or drugs for medical reasons? How about this:

While alcohol consumption has many detrimental health effects, lower incidences of heart disease and blood clots are reported in moderate drinkers. Recent studies conducted in this area indicate a reduction of arterial plaque and protection from the formation of clots. Moderate drinking increases blood thinning properties and can even cause the break down of a blood clot. This means that even if clots are already in the system they may be dissolved. An increase in HDL, or good cholesterol, is the reason for decreased arterial plaque formation in moderate drinkers.
www.diet-and-health.com...

It's pollution only in excess!

Don't even get me started on the benifitial properties of Marijuana.
Thats a very broad generalization my man. You don't even know the reasons why some people do it.

Anyway, you are entitled to you shallow opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Even though I dont smoke anymore, I love MJ and would support the legalization of it 100%
Nice picuters of da budz up there too.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I totally disagree with leagalizing any drug. Why? Me smoking weed in high school led me to start hanging around with others who drank and partied all the time. I then started drinking and taking pills painkillers, muscle relaxers and such. This was when I was around 14 to 22. I now don't use drugs but was an alcoholic for years drinking 5 times a week for almost 2 years.

I have 2 uclers in my stomach that cause almost constant pain and can't enjoy food like I once did. Why not legalize it. Like people have said many times it is a gateway drug. I don't want my kids using drugs ever. I was an idiot then and I realize it now. I spent all my spare money getting messed up and think about how much better my life would have been if I had never just smoked that first joint and hung around with the wrong people.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This is a great thread, I enjoyed reading all of this.

I have been hoping for many years for pot to be legalized, and I dont smoke it anymore. Well. not often. I used to be a daily user. All thru high school I was a stoner, with a 3.5 grade point average.
Got a picture of me holding a high times mag in school here:
www.geocities.com...
That was taken out of my yearbook, I am the guy on the left LOL

There are many pro's and con's to pot. A lot more pro's though.

I self medicated for years using pot, and unfortunatly became addicted. Took some heavy life circumstances to get me to stop. I was lucky, I didnt get hooked on booze, pot was always my drug of choice. A lot worse things to get hooked on. Hell, being an internet junkie is worse

After quite a few years though, if I didnt smoke, I didnt feel normal. I think the key is like all things, moderation.
I was not a moderate user, I was a heavy user.

If it were legalized, it could be taxed, regulated, and would no longer be a gateway drug, and yes, as it stands now it is a gateway drug, why? Because its illegal. People who sell dope, often sell other drugs.
There have been many posts already posting the REAL facts on mj, so I wont bother posting any of it again.

Get informed.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Another reason to legalize, it treats ADHD and it is better for the brain then crap that is prescribed for it now. Not smoking of course, brownies or something with the thresholded needed to calm them down, too much and they'd be too zombied out to want to do any work. Have you ever observed someone who has eaten too many aterols?, that stuff is BAD, pot is GOOD!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
My life goal is to have a large hemp farm, make bio-diesel and other good stuff out of it and have beehives that pollenate my plants so they will produce some mighty fine honey.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If any of you dont know, I am a very conservative person, but on this issue I must agree! And not just because I am an occasional user myself. To me, it simply is unjustifiable to make it illegal when alcohol is legal. It is, IMHO, a MUCH safer substance then is alcohol. You can't die from smoking too much pot, I would rather (though if I had the choice would have niether) have a "high" person drive next to me then a drunk one, pot almost never causes anger or violence (unlike alcohol), I mean I could go on and on and on.

I heard that Las Vegas was discussing legalization - anyone know about this?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
We learned our lesson with Prohibition, it didn't work!

Legalize it, tax it, regulate it, and pass me that fatty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join