It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basic advertising mechanics of mind control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I’ve taken my own comment (it’s my own stuff, I wrote it, it’s not a reply from someone else) that I posted as my comment to a reply someone made to my original thread: “The top 3 unknown conspiracies of our lifetime” and re-posted it here as a stand-alone new thread.)
Basic advertising mechanics of mind control is called, "capturing shares of public mind".

Introduce something new.
STRONG.

Show it meets needs.
MAKES IT STRONG.

Move the “public mind” to action.
WANT TO BE STRONG? GET YOURS NOW.

Reinforce that ‘call to action’ to occupy as much “public mind” as possible as there is only so much info a mind can hold and no room for competing messages should be left.
BE STRONGER NOW. LIMITED SUPPLY.

Or:
BLUE IS BAD! BLUE IS BAD! BLUE IS BAD! BLUE IS BAD!

IT WILL HURT YOU. IT WILL HURT YOU. IT WILL HURT YOU. IT WILL HURT YOU.

ERASE IT. ERASE IT. ERASE IT. ERASE IT.

NO BLUE! NO BLUE! NO BLUE! NO BLUE!

Classic direct marketing says that men respond to petitions of power, strength, virility, control” whereas, “women respond to petitions of reliability, reputation, cleanliness, authority, safety, dependability.

Dependable. Dependable. Dependable. Dependable.
Respected. Respected. Respected. Respected.
Be clean. Be clean. Be clean. Be clean.
Stay safe. Stay safe. Stay safe. Stay safe.

Also see:
They Thought They Were Free: www.press.uchicago.edu...
War Is A Racket: www.lexrex.com...
Oppression: www.rc.org... and www.rc.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I would like say that advertizing also tries to make it seem like you need something that you dont and corporations like undisciplined people. I have often found my self buying things that i dont need and i often take them back later and some of those things sit around to eventually be thrown away. i guess you have to practice being in control sometimes.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by the basset hound

I know what you mean, I've done the same thing. Sometimes I've bought something that I wanted ten or twenty years earlier and buy it only to realize I don't even want it, but had to buy it since I thought it was so important back in Time and never had the money then.

The urges are so strong. Sometimes it's like that's the only way to get free of the impulse, I guess. After a lifetime of discipline, I have to be careful to make sure I'm just not being hard on myself.

I used to think I could really be someone, back when I was 21 ... if I only had a still camera, if I only had a movie camera, if I only had a good car, if I only had a job, if I could only afford gas, if I only had a girlfriend, or a wife, if if if if if . But, when I got those things ... I got bored pretty quick or messed if up or couldn't find work to keep what I had.

And kept messing up relationships (and still do) because I was so full of unconscious messages instilled in me, that I acted out and projected onto others my fears then attacked my fears because the projections covered them like a mask ... and I was fighting myself and didn't know it.

That's why I put up the other post 'mind control protection and counter-measures' along with this one. Sometimes the advertising message control mechanicms and switches are instilled in us by our parents, not only by Madison Avenue.

new topics

join