It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd graders plotted attack, brought knife, handcuffs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
Too bad most adults think they should be respected by default. And dont bother to try and earn it. ..

Wow if those kids had your attitude then what they did doesn't surprise me...

You don't think you should respect someone until they've earned it?
What ever happened to 'respect your elders', respect for life? Respect for your fellow Human Being?

I can see now why so many people are completely insensitive and inconsiderate of other people. Only meeeee matters!

And yes I'm disrespecting you because you haven't earned it yet...You better get on that mate...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Is this an inner-city school?
Waycross from what I remember is kind of like Atlanta as far as crime and overall mindset for many....

In the 70's, my sister went to an elementary school in Mississippi and they had turnstiles and sniffer dogs and armed security.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
wow thats just sick, reminds me of children of the corn

Seriously, that's some scary stuff. It's straight out of one of those movies.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Recent reports have claimed that the ringleaders can be charged even though they are so young, but there's still not much that can be done to the kids, as they are to young to even send to a detention center.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The state should simply commit them all and throw away the key until they turn eighteen. Clearly they can't function normally in society.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Don't worry i made it to 30 with no "hellions" And don't plan on having any.

I wasn't programed to respect people out of fear. Just cause they were bigger than me ect. My parents taught me to doubt everyone at first . You never know what can be pawned off as "respect" and really be abuse.

But i came from an odd family .. Gotta love the hippies eh?

[Quick pantera quote]

I'll call no one my father thats no closer than stranger"

[Another thing . These kids have to sing about war everyday before class. "From the land of the free.....And the home...]

[edit on 1-4-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Wow...when I was in the 3rd grade, I dont recall ever having the mentality to hurt another person.... I'm pretty sure I was just a child happily singing along to the "Provinces of Canada" song. (This land is your land, this land is my land, from nova scotia to Victoria Island etc....)

I would look at the teacher, the parents, the children etc...

Gain some background information about the teacher, perhaps these kids had some sort of run-in with the teacher, and decided to retaliate? Or maybe they just didn't like being loaded with homework?

Talk to the parents, find out what kind of home-life these children have... maybe there are deeper problems that stem from home, and follow the children to school. Maybe its misplaced anger?

Talk to the Children. Seperately of course. Determine why in the heck they would want to do something like that to their teacher... maybe one of them failed a quiz, maybe they just don't like their teacher. Or maybe, they have a reason for the anger directed at the teacher?

It would be best to get as many points of view as possible. Talking to everyone involved (directly and indirectly) could provide a better understanding about why these kids wanted to harm their teacher... Is it from some deeper phsycological sadistic behaviors (that are coming out of the woodwork) or is it based on something that has happend between the teachers and the students?

Either way, something has to be done with this children. They are far too young to be corrupted into thinking that this is normal behavior in society. I would suggest therapy. LOTS of therapy. The teacher should also be looked into though, perhaps the children were provoked? And talk to the parents about changes in the childrens' behavior since school started this past year? Who knows....I don't think I was capable of thinking like that when I was in the 3rd grade... As was said earlier...so much for childhood innocence.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Collateral damage . Teach kids its ok to go to war and they wage it on anyone that disagrees with them . As i have said before . This happens when there are wars . I haven't been able to find a single school (violence) in the states that happened while we were not at war.

Expect more to come.

Frontier Junior High shooting Moses Lake, Washington, United States February 2, 1996
Bethel High School shooting Bethel, Alaska, United States February 19, 1997
Pearl High School shooting Pearl, Mississippi, United States October 1, 1997
Heath High School shooting West Paducah, Kentucky United States December 1, 1997
Westside Middle School shooting Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States March 24, 1998
Parker Middle School shooting Edinboro, Pennsylvania April 24, 1998
Thurston High School shooting Springfield, Oregon, United States May 21, 1998
Columbine High School massacre Littleton, Colorado, United States April 20, 1999
Heritage High School shooting Conyers, Georgia, United States May 20, 1999
Buell Elementary School shooting Mount Morris Township, Michigan, United States February 29, 2000
Santana High School shooting Santee, California, United States March 5, 2001
Granite Hills High School shooting El Cajon, California March 22, 2001

School shootings

US conflicts

I wouldn't assume that war is the reason our kids are lashing out. You didn't see or hear of many school shootings going on during the two biggest wars this country has been in. If I had to guess why this has been happening more and more lately, the first and biggest reason, would be the lack of a family life. It has become too easy...especialy in a country where over 50% of marriages end in divorce, for single parents to pawn their children off on the T.V. or video games. Where the main objective is to kill as many people as you can without any consequences! Everyone that has kids know that they will push you, as a parent, as far as they can until you stop them. A lot of parents nowadays just let their kids push and push and just rollover.

When the kid sees they own their parents, what makes you think that their teacher or other students are going to stand in their way when they want something. Especialy when the teachers rights to discipline students has been stripped. Respect starts at home. As a parent you're not required to EARN your childs respect, you're to REQUIRE it! Let them get away with murder at home, and they'll try to get away with it everywhere else. I will go out on a limb here and say that aside from a mental disorder in some of these kids, every single one of these instances could have been prevented AT HOME! If my son acts up in school, I take that personally, because obviously I need to step it up at HOME!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It appears to me as if teachers are being placed with more and more responsibility these days. What I've been noticing is that teachers seem to have to be teaching a lot more than their subject and now have to teach simple things that parents are supposed to get out of the way. Things like teaching kids that violence is wrong seems to be put on the teachers rather than holding parents accountable for anything.

As far as this case goes there had to have been a large gap in what the parents were supposed to be teaching these kids. Unless that teacher was engaging in acts of pedophilia or the like then there is absolutely no excuse for this sort of behavior. If there was something wrong with the teacher then the kids should know to simply tell their parents and then it can be dealt with through the school administration if need be.

Not long ago my English teacher raised an interesting point. Parents these days are getting more and more afraid of their kids. Rather than the parents running the household it's all about the kids. Now let me just say that I applaud the parent that loves their kid enough to stand up to them, but that seems to be a dieing practice. If a kid acts up in a store no longer can they be disciplined, now the kid has to be given whatever they want.

I guess it's only natural that such an attitude would make its way into the classroom. If a kid can control his parents then he/she will likely feel entitled to the same level of control in school. It seems to me that the teacher did not bow down to these brats and the kids don't know how to handle being told "no".

[edit on 4/2/2008 by cyberdude78]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
If it were me, I would whip my kids ass for a month. That is why they would not do it. This is a problem with the parents....NOT the kids. If it were my kids who are all almost grown now, they would not have even thought about this. The fear of Dad has made many a bad kid a good adult. what the hell is wrong with people these days.....RAISE your kids as your children, not your buddy....love them with all your heart and beat their little butts when they need it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

As i have said before . This happens when there are wars . I haven't been able to find a single school (violence) in the states that happened while we were not at war.

umm... what...

Aside from the bad logic involed, you ideas are short sighted, and you are chosing what events to look at.

#1, Columbine happen, WHEN NO WAR WAS BEING WAGED... thus, negating your argument... assuming that i understood it... so i will recap...

You say, if a country is at was, that will cause the children of that country to be violent at school. So, if there was no War the US was fighting, everything would be peachy....

This aregument is similar to an argument that religion is the root of all evil, and wars...

Seems to make sense, until you examine the USSR, which abolished religion, and yet there was still violence in the country...

Now, what to do with these kids... i say start training them to be special ops... or at least take the mastermind of the plan, and put him into some formal military training...

I would argue that the kid that masterminded this, would be by far the brightest kid in the class... seems he had good control of what was going on, thought things thru... and was able to assign orders to the other students...

Hell, this kid is showing more tatical knowledge then our Commander in Cheif!

apc

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
To contribute to the blame game...

Maybe food? The hormones in commercial food? Do any of the kids have a mustache?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

This is true. I would have never done or thought anything like this, the fear of getting in trouble with my Father, always scared the crap out of me.

I think a lot of the blame lies with the Parents... (I was walking in Wal-Mart yesterday with a basket full of heavies, and this woman with 2 kids, was just letting them run around the aisles screaming at the top of their lungs...I wanted to pull her aside and tell her to get a grip on her kids). Having never had kids, I can't argue based on experience. I do know, that while I was growing up, my parents were in charge. I listend. I didn't scream in stores, I didn't run around, I didn't touch things on the shelves. I sat in the cart, or held my dad's hand. If I acted out, I only did it once, because I got a spank.

Some parents these days are adopting more of a "Do it yourself" attitude with their kids, and that isn't really a good approach (in my opinion) in rasising and educating your children. Maybe some parents just don't care, or maybe they just don't have the smarts/tools (i dont mean that in a derragotory context) to take control and teach their children right from wrong.

Either way, Parenting sure has changed since I was younger (and that wasn't all that long ago).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join