It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd graders plotted attack, brought knife, handcuffs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

3rd graders plotted attack, brought knife, handcuffs

www.chicagotribune.com

WAYCROSS, Ga. - Police say a group of third-graders plotted to attack their teacher, bringing a broken steak knife, handcuffs, duct tape and other items for the job and assigning children tasks including covering the windows and cleaning up afterward.

They could be expelled, but a prosecutor said they are too young to be charged with a crime under Georgia law.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I dont think they should do long term sentences but something more should be done about this then just expelling these kids and making their lives even worse then it obviously already is. I don't think jail is a good option either. So what should be done? You tell me.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
wow thats just sick, reminds me of children of the corn

I don't think there really is anything to do about it, if they are this messed up in the head now imagine what they are gonna be like in 10 years. The only people to blame is their parents. I didn't realize kids this young were capable of thinking like that.

There goes childhood innocence.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would INVESTIGATE THE TEACHER FIRST.

Something is got to be VERY wrong here- for a bunch of little kids to want to kill ya!

I'm with the kids if the teacher was a mean SOB. I had them when i was little and i have very little tolerance for abuse.

Once the teacher checks out as a nice, soft spoken, non-intimidating person, then i'd scare the kids with the cops!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by schism85
So what should be done? You tell me.

What should be done to these kids?

Someone with a good head on their shoulders should just talk to them.

And have none of this:

Originally posted by theendisnear69
wow thats just sick, reminds me of children of the corn

Because that never helps, either.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

In Georgia these children can't be charged with a crime.

Expulsion, therapy, a stern lecture and maybe a spanking, if it's still legal in Georgia to spank kids, are about the options available.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I'm with you all the way dgtemp - there's got to be something missing from this story.

Too messed up for an April fools joke - though I wish it was.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Wow thats messed up. When I was in 3rd grade i would have never thought about trying to kill my teacher.

I dont think that kid should be charged with a crime. I just think he should be sent to therapy and see whats wrong with kid. And Personally i think it might be the parents fault so cops might want to investagate them.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Collateral damage . Teach kids its ok to go to war and they wage it on anyone that disagrees with them . As i have said before . This happens when there are wars . I haven't been able to find a single school (violence) in the states that happened while we were not at war.

Expect more to come.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Therapy is a great suggestion hopefully its not too late for that. Maybe someone should look at the parents and see just how these kids are being raised. Either way people shouldn't just turn their backs on them, they obviously are in need of some major help.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

The children, ages 8 and 9, were apparently mad at the teacher because she had scolded one of them for standing on a chair, Tanner said.

Kids have no respect for adults these days. I should know. And when you scolded them they would think you are challenging their pride and they will try to do something to make you learn to respect them. Kids...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

I thoroughly agree with you. Everyone, right down to the kids is carrying a spear. This includes animals taking chunks out of people too.

The natives are restless.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Too bad most adults think they should be respected by default. And dont bother to try and earn it. ..

You can flip that card either way.. I don't see an awful lot of adults respecting kids either. Hell 80% of the parents i know smoke around there kids. I know that cant be a huge sign of respect..

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I don't teach my kids that its ok to go to war. A lesson plan I had when applying to the studies of the Middle East which I present to the kids the options to resolve the issues. I get them in groups and they would present each of the options while keeping their views to themselves. Afterwards when all the options are presented then I will allow students to talk about the options and what views they have. I don't impose my views or bad mouth on a particular subject.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Kids!

Like i said, this isnt an isolated incident with this teacher- i betcha. Kids hold a grudge and as little as they are they wanted sweet "revenge".
Kids cant be futzed with these days.
What went wrong? The government owns them.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I earn the students' respect through my own method of teaching. If you have something to add that can enhance my method that be great.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

The government doesn't tell kids to go kill or hurt their own teacher.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

If you say so. They own them and have turned some of them into monsters with their own actions. If kids behavior WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, KIDS, will not tolerate the teachers either.
It works both ways.
The government couldnt have their nose up further than they do at home.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

We do not own the kids. If we did we own them 24/7, not waiting for parents to drop their kids off in the front and into our dirty hands. We do not tolerate any disruptive behavior, even bringing weapons to schools. Same thing when dealing with adults committing crime. Do you think putting an adult to jail would probably make him madder?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Hey i have the utmost respect for you . Definitely not accusing you . And i applaud your doing right by the children .

I'm talking televising a war. The general attitude on the tv. The things people talk about . The general state of the world. You know kids can sense things like this. And the parents..... with no answers.

I guess its just been an observation . Sorry if it came off like i was talking at you and not to you . .

[edit on 1-4-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join