It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know of 0-1-0 or ZOZ signal, please u2u me, please give me 24 hours before removing t

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

I don't see why the mods are so agressive in this case. If the OP had opened a thread with the title "I need to know something about X" and nothing more, the thread would have lived happily ever after.

I agree. I am being aggressive because I posted four or five times that off-topic posts get axed. I DO think that if the OP had worded his original post differently, it wouldn't be so big of a deal. As it is, he (and I) have explained all there is to explain until he has the info he is looking for.

Don't get me wrong, I hate hoaxers as much as the next one (Well, maybe slightly more actually), but when he havent actually done anything that could even resemble a hoax, I don't see the issue.

Amen.

Guys. I will continue to axe off-topic posts. I advise you all to please relax and sit tight.

Thank you,

Cuhail

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
He asked for 24 hours from his request for info. Is that so hard to give?

[]

Now, lay off.

Cuhail

I've got issues. You want the community to lay off? Dump the "URGENT" from the thread title. The reason this thread is getting the volume of off topic posts is because of that simple word.

AND ITS NOT URGENT; he wants time.

Screaming fire in a crowded theatre comes to mind.

I just booted my machine...
I just got on the net...
I just logged onto ATS...

My time is valuable, there is a world at war... I come looking for the latest trends and information... "the truth is in here"

and what's on the top 5 most important threads at ATS...

this junk.

Because everyone else that clicked on the URGENT info contained herein has come to complain about what they did not find and what was definitely not URGENT....

and its now on top of the list... a big floating turd with 4000 thread views and 100 petty, pointless responses in 19 hours.

"URGENT" needs dumped.

This thread needs to be dumped from from the top 5 threads of the day list.

Perhaps the format by which the top 5 threads are calculated needs to be modified.

Until some substance arrives... this, at the very least, needs dumped into skunk works.

highly speculative, unsubstantiated... and just by being here and complaining in open public I am bumping this junk up again.

April 2, 10:50 AM
5 hours 10 minutes...

Sri Oracle

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

My time is valuable, there is a world at war... I come looking for the latest trends and information... "the truth is in here"

Sri Oracle

If your time is so valuable why did you just waste so much of it typing out that rant?

The poster added urgent because he wanted some opinions, advice, and know how of the members here. So he could get as much information as quickly as possible so he can decipher what code it is he stumbled upon.

Its the vultures flying around who couldn't exercise the word PATIENCE if their life depended on it.

The poster asked for a day, is that really that much to ask? REGARDLESS of what the post has to do with, he came here for help and got burned at the stake. I watch this happen here day in and day out. This community has become a joke.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by BluByWho]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Wow.

Really.

Yeah.

The only thing I can really address to your post, Sri, is that it IS in SkunkWorks.

But thanks for chiming in with absolutely nothing to help the OP out.

(sigh)
Cuhail

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
The only thing I can really address to your post, Sri, is that it IS in SkunkWorks.

Uh....no it isn't. This is "General Conspiracies".....

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here's an idea:

Instead of reading the OP and then jumping right to the last page, try reading a little more. That way you'll avoid posting useless rehashed whining.

Wow, I knew people needed immediate gratification but this is ridiculous.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by jbondo]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
...and what's on the top 5 most important threads at ATS...

this junk.

... and its now on top of the list... a big floating turd with 4000 thread views and 100 petty, pointless responses in 19 hours.

This thread needs to be dumped from from the top 5 threads of the day list.

Perhaps the format by which the top 5 threads are calculated needs to be modified.

Well... you can thank the membership for that fact.

Staff have no control over what gets flagged and starred. Believe me sometimes I wish we did but we don't so lay the blame where it belongs.

Shame on the membership for flagging such an opening post and making it the top thread of the day.

Why are we so aggressive in this case?

The OP started this thread on April fool's (perhaps an unfortunate coincidence) and wanted to "make a deal" with the staff, to which I and other staff responded by asking for more information. What we got was six pages of nothing.

If the OP doesn't come through by his self-impose deadline rest assured there will be a price to pay for causing all this drama.

edit: I have removed the alarmist word "URGENT" in the title.

[edit on 4/2/2008 by Gools]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Hi again, thanks for the support, I sent Byrd a u2u probably a couple of hours ago with the explanation for the thread, they have not replied or acknowledged the message on the forum. I have had enough of the petty badgering and mods threatening a sharpened axe and banning. Thats fine, thirteen hours without sleep, eleven of those on the computer after the info, enough is enough. If Byrd wont pass it on to you Cahail, I will pass it on to you myself. If thing pan out as I was led to believe, then a smoking gun has been waved but not shown, if anyone wants to know after the event, I am sure that the mods will want to share it. I am now off duty, I will check in from time to time, that is if I do not get banned for trying. If you remember in the first post I asked that if this upsets people, to remove any points, they are useless to me anyway. I just want some peace and quiet now!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Send it to me. I've ben waiting to see a purpose to this thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
24 hours is up....any news on this subject? I'm a bit baffled on the reasoning for these codes and why the OP needs info on them.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
ok... so whats the deal.
is it just some stupid radio signal,
or is it flying penguins?? An elephant painting!!!!

I'm dying to know!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
How is it off-topic? I was merely pointing out that this is a doom-thread. And the punch-line is 3 digits and 3 letters. The OP may or not be whatever. What is paramount is that a rhetorical analysis has revealed a musing. So, slash my posts or whatever, I was making a point as a rhetorical scholar and critic.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Where, from the OP or any other post the OP made, did you get the idea this is a "Doom Thread"?
You, me, Intrepid, etc; have NO idea what the OP is getting at, much less a "Doom Thread".

Show me where you get "Doom Thread" from.

Cuhail

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Well then, that's good, discourse on the matter.

The OP is nebulous, mentions 3 letters and 3 numbers and leaves. This is abovetopsecret, I understand, and not some looney-bin. But the human desire to want doom is real. It's like some messenger running down a hall screaming "take this note!" and runs off, only to reveal a note that says "pancakes". Any reasonable human would dwell on this incident for years. And given the reaction of this crowd to this thread, I would say we are all seeking and wishing for something. Basically, everyone wants US to nuke IRAN. There, I said it.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Sorry you're going through all of this ridiculous drama Qwenn - I am very interested to see what you come up with so please U2U me if you come up with anything. It's a little out of my paygrade to help out, but I am truthfully curious.

By the way did not the op post at 1600? If so he still has 3 and a half hours.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Qwenn:

I'll ask this in advance of the 24-hour window at which time you can reply to me U2U if so desired. I ask it here in the forum as I think it has relevance and other folks have mentioned it.

Does the ZOZ signal you've received (or are asking about) have anything to do with your previous thread about your friend who has since relocated to Australia. Just going by that previous thread and your present inquiry, it could appear that a radio communication from your friend might have been made; perhaps with additional information regarding this global event.

I know you can't talk about specifics at the moment, but I think it is fair to either confirm or deny at this point if this thread is in anyway related to the subject of your previous thread, since that thread is already a matter of public discourse.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

just as an observer of your bickering i would like to stand as witness and say that i never, not once, thought that this was a doom thread.
my honest interpretation was that- 1. he had intercepted some crazy secret military signal about aliens. 2. he intercepted a signal FROM aliens 3. he intercepted a signal that has to do with some crazy spy stuff.

you don't have to read the thread you know......
but then....
it's so enticing, isn't it

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
this is awesome, the op is pulling everyones leg, and everyone is buying it. I love how dumb people are, please stop egging him on. He is sitting at his computer LOL at every post made, just like me. Lets just say I know the OP, he is a old friend of mine, and he is just making fun of everone.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
And if that is the case then he will get his "just desserts" as it has been stated clearly, so what? Some day someone is going to really stumble on to something that will benefit others and what will happen - they will be berated for their diligence because they will be seen like so many others to just be crying wolf.

All claims must be researched and maybe our efforts are being abused here, but do you know that for sure? Do we just write off everyone that claims to have something beneficial to us all?

Well I sure hope not.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join