It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know of 0-1-0 or ZOZ signal, please u2u me, please give me 24 hours before removing t

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
wat is 0-1-0 or ZOZ signal
im confused

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I wonder if the OP has discovered a shortwave number station for the first time…

Numbers stations are shortwave radio stations of uncertain origin. They generally broadcast voices reading streams of numbers, words, letters (sometimes using a radio alphabet), tunes or morse code.
The voices that can be heard on these stations are often mechanically generated. They are in a wide variety of languages, and the voices are usually women's, though sometimes men's or children's voices are used.
Evidence supports popular assumptions that the broadcasts are channels of communication used to send messages to spies. This has not been publicly acknowledged by any government that may operate a numbers station, but in one case, Cuban numbers station espionage has been publicly prosecuted in a United States federal court.

They can be pretty creepy sounding the first time you encounter one.

Still, I don’t see how him having information, and not knowing what it is constitutes a hoax either way. Just share the information, let us all figure it out, and state up front you don’t know if the info is real or not, then you should be fine.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I dont know if this is off topic or not but every so often when i leave my speakers turned up i hear very distinct moris code it lasts for hours and eventually stops, i plan to record it some time so i can have it analyzed.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well its a good thing I am not a cat otherwise this curiosity would kill me...not to mention without opposable thumbs I wouldn't be able to type.

ZOZ...interesting, I am looking forward to the answers to all of our questions tomorrow.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Isn't Z Code just radio shorthand, for TTY and stuff like that? You know, like Q Code is for Morse Code?

Maybe I'm mistaken...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
ZOZ is Military TTY Code to obtain retransmission of message. If your TTY terminal received a partial or incomplete message ZOZ is transmitted to tell the other end that you did not receive it. It is also used in Amateur Radio in RTTY to some extent, although only by old timers.

Also to note ZZZ is end transmission.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by TheHorseChestnut]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Is this related to your other thread in any way? I did not participate, but I read it and found it quite interesting.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
I dont know if this is off topic or not but every so often when i leave my speakers turned up i hear very distinct moris code it lasts for hours and eventually stops, i plan to record it some time so i can have it analyzed.

It’s most likely RF interference, I get it at work all the time as we have an MRI on the floor below where I am. In addition, my cell phone will cause this to happen on various radios right before a call comes in, or it updates the digital network. I would look around your computer to see what might be causing it, a fan or possibly a florescent light. Just having the wrong thing plugged into the same outlet may cause the same thing. On some computers you can actually hear the induced sound in the speakers that comes from the data moving through its busses.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

You know my reactions and my warped sense of humor all too well!

Well, i figured we might as well do it up BIG!!!!!

Just joking, i'm ok- I shall wait along with the others for this developing news.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have had to deal with this code in the military.

In short the old paper tape teletypes used the code as an instruction set for simple commands. As I recall XXX designated the termination of a message. ZZZ terminated a transmission.

In this way you could simply imbed the terminator sequence in the bottom of the message.
The idea being that these are not likely to occur as content in the body of a message.

Much like old magnetic tape machines used a piece of reflective foil at the end to indicate EOT or End Of Tape.

Things were fairly primative back then. I am reasonably sure they are still in use for more primative communications channels.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
The Original Poster asked for information on some number/letter codes. He said if it adds up to something to reveal on ATS, he WILL reveal it on ATS.
The Original Poster also nicely asked for some time to investigate it. I am happy to give him the time he needs.

Very well Cuhail, and thank you for the clarification.

I keep skipping around trying to find out the meaning of this thread and I just missed the point I suppose. I think it is very courteous of you MOD's to allow this and not banish it to some other place outright to be honest. That happens a lot around here.

Since there is nothing to comment on I'll just wait till he adds up the letters and numbers (or are the letters numbers?) and hope there will be something interesting to discuss.

No disrespect just legitimate confusion guys.
I hope this whole thing...adds up?

- Lee

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hi Qwenn,

I am also keen to know if this has anything to do with the mysterious disappearance of your colleague a while back?
Also,i have always wondered if you ever did send him/her a letter via their solicitor?

Sorry Qwenn/mods if this is off topic, if it is please ignore!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Wow. A thread where absolutely nothing has been said has already received 13 flags, and four pages of replies. Sometimes ATS amazes me. Maybe we should wait and see what the OP comes back with tomorrow before we start declaring this the next big thing?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I have not been away for long actually, my full nights sleep turned into just three and a half hours, I have been online most of the night following up leads. As I said at the start of this thread, I was expecting this to be low key, with a few people sending u2u`s, I wanted to get some thing to work on, before giving any details. I was fully aware that I may not be able to gather the information that I wanted, as I said at the start, if it comes to anything, then I will post details. I set myself the deadline of twenty four hours to gather anything relevent, then post properly, when I had something to say. I only asked for help, perhaps I should have not said urgent, as this seems to have angered some, but as I said, I wanted to get any leads and insight, as quickly as possible. I am not writing a thesis and have nothing to sell, just trying to make sense of something which came my way. If nothing comes of it, then I will contact the MODS and explain why I was asking, there is still another fourteen hours to go before my deadline is up, that is if I can keep going that long, my Caffine levels are already sky high. Thanks to the people who have supplied suggestions and links, I am checking out each one, along with some of my own. There have been many who have been flamed for posting before they have all of the facts, I have tried to do things the right way, sorry to any who feel that I have stepped on thier toes along the way!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn
Found this in another thread on here...mean anything to you?

[Code: ZOZ

One Altimaran has escaped their boundaries in the Northern Hemisphere*

Attention: Code ZOZ

More will follow.

End Transmission- more]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Good luck figuring out what you need to find...

In the OP's past posts, from what i remember he seemed to be genuine...

Good luck.

I think the Connection bettwen 0-1-0 and ZeroOneZero is something to look at...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by riotact1

No, this post was Planted by dgtempe in another forum, then outed by them so that people who have not read either thread fully would think I was crazy, they were pulled up for it and claimed it was some kind of joke.

PJslug, I will not be running as you think, I seriously hope to have the info and if not, I have said that I will explain to a MOD privatly, so that they will know why I posted and if anything does happen, they will know that it was not a joke.

TKainZero, Thanks for the kind words and for the suggestion, I am still not sure if the two things are the same, thats one of the things which held me up in the first place, but I will crack on.

There just a quickie before I carry on, I`ve just realised that I forgot to eat as well, sandwich time I think!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well i am really looking forward to seeing where this is all going i think its only fair that if you cant figure it out you gotta tell us all what it was about otherwise i think i will go insane.
i was going to try and help do a little research but then i figured out that i had no idea what i was looking for w

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join