It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Nessie could be real?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
personally, yeah nessie could exist.

WHAT she ( or he, not trying to be sexist:lol
is is the question.

a dinosaur?
a monster?
a figment of folklore?

the thing that does aggravate me however is people who say that no species could exist that blah blah blah. well, new species of insects and mammals are being found everyday right? new species that are completely different from any before them right? couldnt the same be here?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
thats true ive heard in darwins research that whales might once have had legs and a tail...it could well be another type of whale in the middle of its evolution from land whale to water whale...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Do I think Nessie could be real?

Here's what I think....

Something strange is afoot with Loch Ness as a place. This dates back generations.

Our clumsy and brazen attempts to "sweep""Loch Ness with droves of sonar-equipped boats are predictably ridiculous and apparently fruitless.

Perhaps we fail to understand sound amplification as it relates to such a sweep - boats and people do make noise. It would be arrogant to presume that if we think it's not an issue, the creature won't.

The idea that there is not enough food in the loch to support a number of these "creatures" fails to consider the �nknown"apsects of the loch itself. Frankly, little is actually known about the true depth or the loch. Every time we think we are certain another discovery is made that puts the former claim in doubt. I doubt we actually know that much. Also, who is to say that there cannot be a route directly to the ocean. Perhaps the "creature" is transitory in nature.

Another possibility is the paranormal aspect of this place. While a reach at best, it is a possibility. Why? The sightings, sporadic sonar contacts, photos and vague film snippets almost suggest a tease. As if we were pursuing a ghost. Others have suggested, perhaps dubiously so, that the subject of their encounter has shape-shifted before their very eyes.

Whatever.

As the case may be, there definitely is something queer afoot in Loch Ness!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yes i think there could be something in there BUT the possibilities of Nessie are just very slim.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Dont belive anything, before you got prof, and not some fotage of a bird swimming in the water or a fish looking thing in the water..........

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There have been many sightings but... I just visited Loch Ness, got back 2 days ago in fact, and have noticed that there are many waves on the loch that at a glance quite easily look like a small hump sliding into the water. However I believe that it is possible that a creature could lurk in loch ness without detection, as it is extremely large.

There was one strange thing at Loch Ness and several other lochs i visited though. There seem to be strange dead straight lines of froth, like wake, which occur in the water, very long and oten several parallel to each other. i think they're probably just wind created, but any other ideas anyone?

edited for spelling.

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by minimi]

rb

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Just curious here, hope someone can tie this together for me. Lake monsters reported as seen in: Lake Okanogan, British Columbia, Canada, Lake Champlain, New York, USA, Loch Ness, Scotland, and I believe in the fiords in one of the northern European countries (can't remember the name).

Now, how seismically active are these areas? I've always thought that some (to date) uncategorized creature was entering these deep, inland lakes, and returning to the ocean. Anyone with knowledge of the geology, terrain, lake age, seismicity of the areas?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I heard this story about 20 years ago.....(I am so sorry I don't have a link)

I heard that a turbine (pumps?) that were pumping water from the Loch Ness, were clogged. They sent Scuba Diver's down to check it out. Supposedly the Divers came up REALLY fast and claimed they saw Catfish that were so huge, their eye's were the size of hubcaps.

Now-that is a very, scary thought! (I really should do an internet search on that one).

Yes, there are large beings down there, in the Loch. Are they dinosaurs? I don't know. But not all pictures taken underwater in the Loch were "faked".

rb

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
www.strangemag.com...

"Loch Ness and Lake Storsj�n are not isolated cases of lakes that are believed to harbor monsters. In Europe there are also reports of such creatures from Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Norway, Wales, and elsewhere. In fact, there are over 250 lakes around the world which are believed to be inhabited by monsters.

There is a common pattern in the lake monster puzzle: the animals all are found in lake and river systems that are either connected to the sea or have been in the past, and these systems all either harbor or once harbored migratory fish. In many cases, the lakes are deep and cold."

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I do infact believe in the Loch Ness "Monster", but I wouldn't nessarily call it a monster. When alot of sightings happen to happen then I tend not dismiss it as false even if it has been proven otherwise.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I watched a programm a couple of weeks ago, it talked about all the sightings that were ment to be real and showed wht they really were, but some of the sightings could not be explained, but one key bit of information is that it was thought befor that the lake was like 780ft something like that and one man discovered that in a long stretch the loch was infact 815-820ft, but this place cannot always be found, people call this nessies lair (or something like that).

There is also a web page that has some underwater pictures of a fin and what possibly could be a body ill try and find it but if you go on google image search it will probbly be their.

there is also a possibility that the Loch Ness "monster" is infact an eel, (bear with me) The eels in Loch Ness are very strange and they swim down into the sand and doing this means that they can grow to very long lengths.

well there is a bit of information for you to be going on with, the mojority of it was from the tv programm but i cannot remember wht it was called, but it was on one of the discovery channels.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here's a bit i found not about The Loch Ness monster but about loch ness, they found a Viking Long Ship in the loch which had preserved coffee beans on it (the vikings didnt have acess to coffee) here is the link so you can read it www.lochness.co.uk...

here as well this is a web cam over loch ness see if you can see the Monster urself www.lochness.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lizado
I watched a programm a couple of weeks ago, it talked about all the sightings that were ment to be real and showed wht they really were, but some of the sightings could not be explained, but one key bit of information is that it was thought befor that the lake was like 780ft something like that and one man discovered that in a long stretch the loch was infact 815-820ft, but this place cannot always be found, people call this nessies lair (or something like that).

There is also a web page that has some underwater pictures of a fin and what possibly could be a body ill try and find it but if you go on google image search it will probbly be their.

there is also a possibility that the Loch Ness "monster" is infact an eel, (bear with me) The eels in Loch Ness are very strange and they swim down into the sand and doing this means that they can grow to very long lengths.

well there is a bit of information for you to be going on with, the mojority of it was from the tv programm but i cannot remember wht it was called, but it was on one of the discovery channels.

Ah! I think I saw the same thing. There was also something on the Travel Channel about it. I always believed in the popular theory that there is a Nessie and she/he hides out in a cave. If you think about it there has to be a lot of unexplored underwater caverns and such in the loch. I'm starting to doubt the existance of Nessie though, and if she does exist, she's probably just an eel or something like that.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's kinda weird that if there is an animal that we have never seen before, we call it a monster. I think that there could be something down there pretty easily. The water there is very murkey and hard to see in; also, there are caverns and such along the walls of Loch Ness. Something could be hiding in there. Perhaps it is just very large fish? I've heard alot of stories about giant catfish and the likes. In fact, in the lake that we sometimes to boating in there is a rumor of gigantic fish. Maybe this monster(s) just hides in the caverns everytime it hears something coming its way. I would. In one of the Arizona Highway magazines, there was a story of a scuba diver that went to the bottom of lake roosevelt with his crew. He said he landed on something...it felt slimey. It then started to move and he swam away as fast as he could, claiming it was a 30 foot catfish. I wish someone would just do a really thorough investigation, prove it once and for all. There also a monster in japan named ishi. Pretty much Japan's version of Loch Ness.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Think of falling into loch ness, and being alone in the water at the edge, feet dangling into one of those caverns. The walls are high, so you can't climb out. That's always been one of my biggest fears. Ugh, it gives me cold shudders to even think of that.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

However I believe that it is possible that a creature could lurk in loch ness without detection, as it is extremely large.

If it were drained of water the human population times 3 could fit in there. I saw that on the discovery channel. It was a show about Nessie about like 4 months ago.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have hard that there isnt any aliens in area 51 its just a big cover up so they can make stealth jets etc...this could be a similar thing in loch ness maybe there is some kinda submarine base or somthing there where they test secret stuff and some of th sightings where either subs or some special government project type thing or mybe they where staged so that people would think there is somthing there and wouldnt say there is a base there..i highly doubt it but its just a thought

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Its possible that it exists. We are still discovering new creatures. We don't know whats living in every square inch of the ocean.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Apparently, although the sides of the loch are steep during onesonar experiment a large indentation, supposidly leading to either a) an underwarter cavern or b) a tunnel to another loch exists, this could also back up the theory about submarines, as extreme as it sounds but hey... its a theory!

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nlive81
Its possible that it exists. We are still discovering new creatures. We don't know whats living in every square inch of the ocean.

Scientists say about 30 million other sea animal species have not been discovered.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join