It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Nessie could be real?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'll point out a few things.....

#1: There is speculation that the Loch leads the ocean somehow via underground tunnels. Unproven, but not disproven either.

#2: SEVERAL years ago, a very expensive expedition was started to either disprove or prove the stories. They didn't do either, but there was 2 big masses on the radar that showed up in different positions in the lake when the lake was scanned by boats. I wish I could find some info so it doesn't sound like I made it up, but I'm not sure where to start.

#3: There are MANY species that have been discovered in the depths of the ocean that were thought to have been exstinct or not known to have existed. Some are rather large, case in point is the WhaleShark.

#4: Not hard to believe that IF there were tunnels, that the creatures and their offspring could find their way back to the loch. Many animals have that ability. As a matter of fact birds off spring return to the same place their parents nested, and the Monarch butterfly goes several hundred miles (if not over a thousand) to the exact same spots every year. There are loads of examples.

Like any myth, there is obviously lots of bulls**t to sift through before you can find any truth. People like to feel special, so they conjur up things or over exaggerate. Unfortunately it ruins credibility for people with genuine accounts, and dilutes the truth.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
i believe in Nessie i live about a half hour away from loch ness and i have spoken to people who have had weird experiences in loch ness including my Grandad, he was fishing and all the water was calm when he saw a ripple and then there was a huge wave which you gotta admit is kinda strange a wave coming out of nowhere, i have also spoken to many other people who have had similar experiences in seeing things they cant explain in that loch,

personally i DO believe in Nessie, but im worried that if it is real and they find it imagine what will happen to it, oh and if theres one there must be others right?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hunter 825

personally i DO believe in Nessie, but im worried that if it is real and they find it imagine what will happen to it, oh and if theres one there must be others right?

There would have to be, it has to procreate some how...unless its asexual. Which wouldn't really be unheard of. There are several species of anphibians who are asexual or transvestites.

I read..probably 12 years ago, a report about a possible baby. Meaning at least 2 of them.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
What do you actually think they would do to Nessie if they in fact caught her, would they kill it or keep it?

keeping it could be dangerous but killing it would spoil good scientific research so what do you think would happen to her(nessie)?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well, I think they would definitely know if they caught Nessie they would know right away if she was dangerous or not. I don't think they would kill her though if they had some kind of cage or something set up so she wouldn't be able to get out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join