It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7-year-old brings loaded guns to school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

7-year-old brings loaded guns to school

www.wbaltv.com

RANDALLSTOWN, Md. -- Baltimore County police said a 7-year-old boy was turned over to his parents after he was caught with two loaded handguns at Randallstown Elementary School.

Police spokesman Cpl. Mike Hill told 11 News that one gun was discovered in a classroom Monday morning by a teacher. The teacher alerted authorities.

A search of the child's locker turned up a second handgun, Hill said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.baltimoresun.com
www.findinternettv.com

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What are the parents thinking? Protecting their kid? Or letting the kid shoot someone he hates?

The guns were LOADED. The kid could have killed himself and others even on accident.

www.wbaltv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

It isn't the parents' fault, or at least it doesn't appear to be. The kid seems to have gotten them from an uncle, who, if found guilty, should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by vor78]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's people like this kid's uncle that make all gun owners look bad. Obviously he doesn't believe in gun lockers or gun safety either.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'll re-iterate from the other thread on school violence...

Collateral damage ...... Teach kids its ok to go to war and they wage it on anyone that disagrees with them . As i have said before . This happens when there are wars . I haven't been able to find a single school (shooting ect) in the states that happened while we were not at war.

Expect more to come.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Oh my god!!!

Jeese, one flick of the safety and one squeeze of the trigger could of been tragic... I mean a 7 year old could hardly understand the consequences even if by some slim chance he understood how the weapon operated... does any 7 year old really understand what death is?

I hope the uncle here is charged and banned from owning weapons (that is these were even legally owned). I also think the kid will have to spend a few hours with a counsellor so as to understand the gravity of this.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
7-yr olds have lockers nowadays? Hmmm....

I wonder if the little guy hadn't been encouraged by his school to snoop around and 'find' any weapons at home. It wouldn't surprise me....

[edit on 1-4-2008 by starviego]

top topics

join