It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We watched beast for 30 minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

AN EAGLE-EYED couple who have been on holiday in the Whitby area are the latest people to have seen the mysterious Beast of the Bay.

In fact, Dave Holland and Liz Robb say they watched the black panther-like creature for almost half and hour.

There have been a string of recent sightings of the notorious beast and one man claimed he saw the creature with a young cub in Aislaby

Dave and Liz, from Sheffield, had been staying in Hinderwell and took a trip out to the Danby Moors Centre on Tuesday afternoon.

At around 3pm they were walking from the centre to Danby Castle Farm when they saw the beast about 200 metres away....

[url=http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/39We-watched-beast-for-30.3920568.jp]>>FULL STORY IN WHITBY GAZETTE

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
When i was in the British isles i saw a smaller version of what they describe.
I am definitely a believer, i would just like to know why they are there.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a half an hour is plenty of time to aquire a camera

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
where's the proof. im sure everyone would like to see some pictures.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
We watched beast for 30 minutes

I understand that princess Anne gets this all the time!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

Hi Arawn,
I can't believe I've just stumbled upon this thread, I just mentioned an ABC that was shot by armed police a couple of years ago on another thread (how ironic).

I live in Kirkbymoorside which is on the edge of the North York Moors. The story I was referring to (on the other thread), was shot on the old stone bridge, that spans the beck running beside the road past the Fylingdale (American Early Warning Station).

I can't remember the exact date but I know the story was covered in either The Gazette & Herald and/or The Whitby Gazette ... pretty sure there was a photograph too, of the carcass and a couple of policemen with rifles.

Within the same week (or there abouts) another story came to light from a guy who lived in Malton, whose dog started barking for no apparent reason and running to the back door. It was quite late at night and the guy thought there might be a prowler outside so went to take a look. He didn't see anyone but a couple of his plant pots had been knocked over. Next morning he found a couple of pad prints in the soil of his flower boarder. The police brought in a big cat expert from the Flamingoland Zoo, who confirmed that they were definately the prints of a big-cat.

So with corpses and prints I think it's safe to say that these things are very real ... and do wander around our countryside.

Woody

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23Eulogy23
a half an hour is plenty of time to aquire a camera

Not really. If you're effectively in "the middle of nowhere", where are you going to get a camera if you dont have one on you?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Search google for the Beast of Bodmin, It is beleived to be either a panther / puma or a wildcat that has escaped from private collections or released to give hunters some thing to hunt in the wild other than the local wildlife.

The SSPCA and RSPA have both uncovered breeders and individuals who commit this crime in the UK.

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
One of these so called panthers was shot and photographed near Bathurst NSW Australia in october 2005.

I remember seeing it on TV as there has been a number of reports on such an animal rooming the area for years and had only been caught on vidio a few times. Rumors are it escaped from a circus.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I live not very far from where the 'incident' supposedly
happened and though I tend to joke about most of the
stuff on this site, I can assure the readers that when
it comes to the 'Big Cats' phenomena, it wouldn't surprise
me that they were real.

A few years ago, folks trapped what looked like a cross between
a house cat and and Wildcat, it was black... a prefered colour
when a hybrid or cross arises. It was in the Scottish pine forests.

People let their damn strange pets go because of the cost of
licences, they survive and sometimes... sometimes and rarely
produce.
I dunno, maybe life DOES always find a way.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by IronMan]

new topics

top topics

join