It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Teen makes mistake of trying to rob former U.S. Marine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Bay City News Service
Article Launched: 03/27/2008 10:39:20 AM PDT

SANTA ROSA - A boy in his mid-teens learned Wednesday afternoon that it is not a good idea to try to rob a former U.S. Marine at knifepoint, even if the former Marine is 84 years old, police said today.
Santa Rosa police Sgt. Steve Bair said that's what happened around 2 p.m. in the 1600 block of Fourth Street. The elderly man was walking with a grocery bag in each arm when the boy approached him with a large knife, Bair said.

The boy said, "Old man, give me your wallet or I'll cut you," Bair said. The man told the boy he was a former Marine who fought in three wars and had been threatened with knives and bayonets, Bair said.

The man then put his bags on the ground and told the boy that if he stepped closer he would be sorry. When the boy stepped closer, the man kicked him in the groin, knocking him to the sidewalk, Bair said. The ex-Marine picked up his grocery bags and walked home, leaving the boy doubled over, Bair said.

The man reported the attempted robbery to police 45 minutes later.

Bair said the teen is described only as 15 or 16 years old. Anyone with information is asked to call the Police Department.

Source www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gauncents

Although fighting someone threatening you with a knife is dangerous and possibly stupid, this is something I believe is still great for the greater good.

Two guys threatened me with a knife, they didn't show it, but I put up a fight, and they ran away, unfortunately one of them somehow managed to slip his hand into my pocket and got my phone, in the middle of the fight! damn these guys are professionals lol, they obviously do it all the time, haha. It's like a simple, easy job. Hey give me your money, thanks.

So I believe me putting up a fight, would at least make them think again before attempting to rob another person. Because they rob people because it's EASY! They know nobody will fight back, because most people, simply don't want to get involved, so they get their phones and money so easy. The more people who make their job harder, the more they will want to quit their job.

By the way a couple of people were just standing by and watched the whole thing, and they did nothing. People are scared and simply don't want to get involved. So easy.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
OOHRAH! and Semper Fi to that ol' Devil Dog. Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine. Even at 84!

I guess giving the old "Reuchambuau" isn't the "One-back, Two-back" we all learned in close combat, but it'll do.

Don't F*%@ with Marines!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
That is awesome to hear. You don't mess with a marine no matter how old they are.
This is another story with video of a pick pocket 27 year old who made a big mistake. This 72 year old marine whooped his b#tt good back in 2007.
72 year old marine beats up pickpocket

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
All this kid will learn is that he should have been more aggressive with that knife. Perhaps kill the guy then rob him next time.

It's a shame the Marine didn't kill the kid. As it stands he will probably just mug somebody else or perhaps stab or kill somebody else to regain some petty "street-cred" he feels he may have lost by getting kicked in the nuts by a senior.

The only way to prevent these muggers from committing future crimes is to kill them. Kill them early so they can't move onto rape or murder to get their criminal jollies.

Good for you Marine. Next time stomp the kids head until he stops moving.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Seriously, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

I'm no liberal, far from it... but you've got a screw loose. This elderly gentleman did what any of our "brothers" would have done in this situation, and no more.

We already have a bad enough reputation among the judicial community and liberal media as "mindless killers" and other drivel.

It's ok to disable an opponent, rendering him unable to attack further. To kill that opponent when he is already disabled is murder.

Seek some help.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

You say it's murder I say it's civil service.

There's no recidivism among criminals put to death.

If the Marine happened to be a CCW holder and shot the kid and he died would you still be so disgusted that an 84 year old ex-Marine shot and killed his attacker?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
He should have called the Police sooner if it ws possible as then the kid could have been removed from the streets.

I'm actually from the next town over and this doesnt surprise me at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Semantics. I personally would have probably shot the kid, but if I felt I could disable or disarm him safely I would prefer the latter.

I can tell by the tone of your posts that there will be no arguing with you... You're "one of those".

Mustering all of your available "machismo" and answering with deadly force is not the answer to life's problems. Usually...

With that, I'll simply say: "you're right... I was wrong."

The rest of us who know the difference between right and wrong, have values and morals, and are generally not reactionary know what I mean by the above admission.

[edit on 1/4/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
At the risk of violating the T&C... I have to say there is only one succinct manner of putting forth my views on this event:

"Bitch got told"

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
All this kid will learn is that he should have been more aggressive with that knife. Perhaps kill the guy then rob him next time.

I've heard of telemarketers targeting the elderly...

...but that's a little much. Then again, if you are going to commit a crime, you might as well get your money's worth out of it.

top topics

join