It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a UFO with my very own eyes! WTF!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yes 2 weeks ago about 5:35-5:50pm central time Saturday i saw it! Cloudy day at the red light waiting to turn i notice something flying across the sky on the left side windshield. I thought it was just an airplane when i relizes that the thing in the sky had no wings and was a sphere shape. So when i saw it the first words out of my mouth was "WTF!?!?!" and this this was like... pretty big im guessing. But not just only me on the red light but i know there were other cars at the redlight to the right of me. I dont know if all the other cars that was next to me saw what i saw, but yes it was weird as #. it hoovered by and then slowed down for a second... then all the sudden it like.. flew away hella fast but in a short lenth. Basically it looked like it was there then disappered like nothing happen. I dont have any pictures because it happen so unexpected. But i can Draw it out beause im a artist. But yes whatever i saw it wasnt right. And it looked just like how everyone sees some clips of CGI UFOs on the internet that people say fake. But thats how it looked like.. a fake but then how can i explain to myself that i seen this with my own 2 eyes?!
I told my friends about this and they kinda brushed it off. Oh well.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Calm down. They're everywhere and they mean you no harm

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This happens probably more often that you might guess. Instead of trying to convince your friends, might I suggest reporting what you saw at MUFON? Perhaps someone else saw the same thing?

www.mufon.com

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well i was kinda amazed at the same time and it was kinda bizzare seeing it in person. I been coming to this site for about 1 month. And it was kinda weird reading all this things i never knew about our government and UFOs. Then a few weeks later i saw that sphere. What good would this do for me if i report it to Mutual UFO Network? Oh yeah... almost forgot to tell you guys We have an Air Force Base where i lived and from where i saw the UFO to the AFB... i would say the UFO was about 2mile away from the AFB. ???

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Congratulations. As mentioned above, yes, there are UFOs flying around, and people see them relatively frequently. Good for you.

As for "brushing you off," just what do you expect your friends, or us, to do about it? I mean, you saw a UFO, it flew off. Isn't that pretty much the end of the story? UFO sightings are like divorces or parents passing away. They are hugely important to the people who experience them, but barely of passing interest to anyone else. That's just the way it is.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrfire999
What good would this do for me if i report it to Mutual UFO Network?

This is a very odd question and the answer would be dependant on what objective you wish to attain by sharing your story with ATS in the first place.

If you want a pat on the back and a few "wows" or "that's cool", then I would say reporting it would gain you nothing. If you wish to help map out potential sightings and possibly coordinate information with other people who might have witnessed the same thing as you, then I would say reporting it would gain you quite a bit - mostly peace of mind.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What good would this do for me if i report it to Mutual UFO Network?

Well, for one it would be documented. Anyone else that saw something in that area around that time could find your report in their search. This could encourage them to report what they saw.

Secondly, it would give you an opportunity to write down, in an objective manner, exactly what you saw and the circumstances in which you saw it.

I think those are reasons enough to send in a report.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
That's pretty cool; thanks for sharing your excitement.

I'd like to see your drawing, too.

I have yet to see anything 'wow'-ish yet, but I keep looking up.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blackbox

Well, I assume that hes just excited that he was fortunate enough to see something that most people go an entire life time without seeing.
Maybe he just wants a congratulatory coffee mug or something for his report
I wouldnt mind getting one myself, or a hat

Anyway OP, congratz. I consider myself very lucky to be fortunate enough to have seen one.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Okay, I have to qualify what I'm about to say.

Unqualified Statement: By writing down what you've seen as soon as possible, you will have a better record for when your memory isn't so clear. By reporting to MUFON you will be giving your testimony to a third party, one that also receives lots of other testimony. This third party is in a position to connect relevant sightings.

Statement in need of qualification: By keeping certain aspects of your experiences to yourself, you can verify (sometimes) what someone else is saying personally based upon the veracity of your own experience.

Qualification of that statement: This is not to say that everyone reporting something different than what you've seen is wrong, just that they didn't see what you saw.

I hope that makes sense, I've seen people who agree on all of those points argue with each other about them before because one wasn't mentioned
so sorry for the lengthy explanation, but I just wanted to be clear.

I hope that helps. Oh and don't mind Nohup, he means well

-WFA

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar
Oh and don't mind Nohup, he means well

Well, I didn't immediately tell him that his sighting was probably just a weather balloon caught in a gust of wind or something equally mundane and he's getting all worked up over nothing. I'm not an evil debunker. I said congratulations.

People see UFOs. The OP gets a cookie.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hey there Nohup! I apologize if I offended. I really think you're one of my favorite people at ATS. I guess I was just hoping the OP would catch your subtle humor. Anyway, you're right no Weather Balloon today!

You are certainly not an Evil Debunker. In fact, IMHO you are one of the finest examples of a 'real' skeptic I've met at ATS. Even when you are debunking something, you keep an open mind, and you always use critical thinking and incorporate evidence objectively into your arguments.

I just wish that you could experience a sighting for yourself. Not that I think it would change your methods, but if I understand it you've been looking to the skies for a long time with an open mind. It's folks like you I wish I could share my own sightings with in some way, because I know how smart and rational you are, and I know that you would instantly understand the full implications of such a sighting.

Anyway, I'll stop praising you now, I've got to finish up work before my clock runs out today
Nohup Rocks!

-WFA

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar
I just wish that you could experience a sighting for yourself. Not that I think it would change your methods, but if I understand it you've been looking to the skies for a long time with an open mind. It's folks like you I wish I could share my own sightings with in some way, because I know how smart and rational you are, and I know that you would instantly understand the full implications of such a sighting.

I saw something odd in the air the other day. Apparently real high in the noontime sky, and I was only able to make it out because I had polarizing sunglasses on. Couldn't make out a shape. Just a relatively bright speck. I thought it might be a balloon. But then it started doing some little circles in the sky, which is something a balloon probably wouldn't do. So maybe it could have been a bird riding a thermal. Or maybe a glider, but it didn't have any kind of glider like X-shape. Then I walked under a tree limb and when I came out, I couldn't find it in the sky anymore. So it flew off or tipped at an angle where I wouldn't see it.

I suspect then, that it was probably a bird gliding on a thermal, maybe not as high as it looked. They don't flap their wings when they do that, so I wouldn't see any of that. But I could be wrong. It could have been an alien or time traveler drone and I just couldn't recognize it for what it was.

I guess I'm like Arthur C. Clarke when he was asked about UFOs. He said he didn't believe in them because he'd "seen too many of them." A cool flying saucer 20 feet away, with creatures waving at me, and then it either lands and we all have pie, or it folds up into itself and vanishes into the 8th Dimension... now that would be a nice sighting to have.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well im going to drive to the same place where i saw it and i will take a picture of the exact spot with m phone and then i will illustrate how i saw it. Oh i didnt get to read all the previous comments yet because il in a hurry to leave work lol. but yes i will post up a picture illustration of what i saw.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Great.
Can't wait to see it.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

And it was kinda weird reading all this things i never knew about our government and UFOs.

Just keep in mind....not all of it is stuff that is factual. Please keep that in mind....just because it's posted here....doesn't lend any particular authority to the content.

I was watching the Golf Channel the other day...and I swear, an odd shape drifted across the sky just behind a golfer in the picture. I 'bout swallowed my tongue....

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
UFO sighting are great and everything, but why do people have to go all crazy when they happen? Its not really that exciting any more... well for me anyhow. Im not saying that it wouldnt be fun to see one though

-fm

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Welcome to the experiencers club. In sept '97 I saw 4 reddish orange eggs in precise inline equidistant formation at sundown. Reported by local media and seen by hundreds. I was walking my dogs. Why I felt like someone poured an icecube tray into my spine and felt some kind of primordial fear. I do not know. Wasn't the first or last sighting. I am VERY exclusive whom I tell about them. Mostly just to NUFORC. Have had 4. Two single orbs, the four tops as reported above, and a two football field freakoid enveloped by a luminous yellow haze from my backyard in '03. It is completely understandable most people are either reluctant to hear such things, a bit scare by them, or both.
Keep looking up.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I would like to see those drawings. You seem exited enough.

Do you live near an airport, military base, etc..?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

1st picture- is my view sitting in my car. Just to give everyone an idea of what im seeing. And also i was in the front row instead behind that day.

2nd picture- is how the sky looked that day. So now add that view with the cloudy weather. So here i am painting a picture for you.

3rd picture- is the illustration of what i seen. The object looked just like that round sphere i saw. It was almost white but then i reather say its like chrome or something reflecting the clouds. But yes as you see at the very end it sorta vaporized or took off hella fast in that short lenth. And after i saw it i was like WTF did i just see!? Well i didnt mean to post and sound all excited because i was. I mean i was never a believer untill that day. But then me finding this site 1half months ago and reading each threads my view in thinking about things has changed. But the only reason why i actually registered on this forum was to share what i saw. So if i never saw that sphere then i would have never registered and just continue on reading threads as a non member. So yes this is my illustration. Sorry if it is crappy but i hope you get the picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join