It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimbabwe elections: Mugabe to concede defeat?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance here, but zanu-PF is what? A political party or a media outlet, or something else all together? My ignorance of African affairs can be somewhat staggering at times...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Zimbabwe African National Union - Patriotic Front = Zanu-PF

It was a mixture of left wing nationalism modelled on Communism. But it is now breeding a populist approach to politics and a mixed economic policy.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As to this being a great day for Africans i really must advise the poster in question that that any change in that backwater is really not going to do much for Africa beside cheering up a bunch of ignorant foreigners who heard about Mugabe's 'genocide' against Europeans. I suppose i will choose to laugh as crying over such ignorance just wont help any!

When do we start getting rid of all the US and European backed tyrants now that one of the independent type's are stepping down trough the DEMOCRATIC actions of his citizens and neighbouring states?

Big day indeed....

Stellar

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It seems the MDC are claiming victory in the presidential race now.

Things seem to be approaching a critical juncture in Zimbabwe.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
AP: Officials state the Zanu-PF have lost control of the Parliament, MDC have a small majority at the moment.

I'll keep us updated

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
uk.news.yahoo.com...

Zimbabwe's opposition movement says it has won the country's presidential election - and official figures say President Robert Mugabe's party has lost its parliamentary majority.

The secretary general of the Movement for Democratic Change, Tendai Biti, said Mr Tsvangirai had won 50.3% of the vote while President Mugabe had 43.8%

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Police and war veterans are apparently gathering their weapons. Ready to fight any move against Mugabe (Skynews)

..But it cannot be confirmed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join