It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April Fool jokes a laughing matter for world's media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

April Fool jokes a laughing matter for world's media

www.breitbart.com

Media around the world regaled their audiences with stories of stretched French presidents and bisexual James Bonds on Tuesday, proving the tradition of April Fool's jokes was alive and kicking.

Britain's Daily Telegraph printed pictures of penguins apparently flying to the Amazon, while many papers ran a spoof story saying luxury carmaker BMW had invented a model that electrocuted dogs which tried to relieve themselves against its wheels.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So it seems the media has a sense of humor after all. I guess they can let themselves go once a year. Now back to 365 days of war, economic recession, paris hilton, and family double dare.

Just move along, nothing to see here.

Australian radio station 2UE marked April 1 by reporting that the pope would conduct a special mass for homosexuals during his visit Down Under in July.

The British press combined jokes with a little French-bashing -- light-heartedly ignoring pleas for closer cross-Channel cooperation from President Nicolas Sarkozy during his state visit last week.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

There were also plans to encourage British parents "to serve small volumes of red wine with meals to children as young as seven or eight," it said, in a piece bylined Avril de Poisson -- a play on the French for April Fool.

This in itself isn't terrible. If children knew to respect alcohol at a young age, there wouldn't be such problems with alcoholism and late night partying in the teenage and later years. The quantity is a bit undesirable, but wine/beer itself should probably start at a much younger age than 21.

I think this is the best part:

But the British weekly New Scientist took a new tack on the tradition by publishing stories on its website that seemed so bizarre that they could only be April Fools, but were in fact genuine.

One was a study by pair of Italian physicists who came up with a quantum explanation for poltergeists -- the ghostly phenomenon whereby objects fly around the room, apparently of their own accord. Another was about how surgery could transform your arms into wings.

"They are April Fools that aren't," the magazine told AFP, as comments piled up on its website from baffled and occasionally irritated readers.

People may have thought they were being lied to, but in reality, the truth really is stranger than fiction.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think it would have been far more humorous if the media had reported on something CONSEQUENTIAL during April Fools Day.

It seems to me that every other day but this is a joke to them.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Rofl cute post but yeah if they told the truth on april fools day that would be a good april fools day joke

I dont think they should even kid around they wont tell the truth enough as is lol good post

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Let's just hope that they aren't trying to sweep things under the rug using all this Practical Joke hoo-hah.

I wouldn't put it past the MSM, would you?

edit; Biggie Smalls, i agree - That is indeed the best part.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Throbber]

top topics

join