It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hayden Dismisses Waterboarding As 'Uninteresting For The CIA,' Calls Torture 'A Legal Term' VIDEO I

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Hayden Dismisses Waterboarding As 'Uninteresting For The CIA,' Calls Torture 'A Legal Term' VIDEO INTERVIEW

www.prisonplanet.com

Hayden’s claim that torture is largely a “legal term” underscores the administration’s approach to detainee treatment. Instead of considering it a moral or leadership issue, the Bush administration has repeatedly narrowed the legal definition of torture to fit its aims.

Later in the interview, Hayden said he is unaware of how the Justice Department currently defines waterboarding’s legality — because he hasn’t asked:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It may not be interesting to the CIA but I would imagine the people who have suffered from torture have a much more clearly defined definition of what constitutes torture.

This legal wriggling is repulsive.
Trying to cloud the issue is repulsive.

Torture is quite clearly defined by many respected organisations - this is just WMD's all over again.

We've seen with the Patriot Act and the Homeland Security Act that this government has no respect for the rights of its citizens.

It should come as no surprise that they have even less for "detainees" - many of whom have been proven innocent.

For once I wish I was religious enough to believe that there is a hell, because that's surely where these people would be headed.

Before any of the pro-government/military start banging on about legalities (which is a moot point 0 the US signed the treaties and conventions) let me ask this:
If it was being done to you or your loved ones, would you still consider it in the same way?

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
And yet, towards the tale-end of the senate hearings on it, Hayden acknowledged THAT IT WAS ILLEGAL...So basically flip-flopping all over the place like a fish...By INTERNATIONAL LAW it IS illegal! This gov and it's extensions are the biggest criminals and terrorists on earth right now.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I love how the can just dance around questions that we have rights t know because they answer to someone else then that person dosnt have to answer cause of security ect and they just never answer direct questions at all anymore great post

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyInRed

Politicians never do:
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

"Osama bin Laden planned 911"

"We are not looking for OBL"

"The US has never tortured anyone"

"Waterboarding is not torture"

"Torture is a legal term"

"There are no rendition camps"

Anyone else see a pattern?