It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: I don't carry a Council on Foreign Relations card or know any 'special handshake'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thought

OMG!!!! you actually are saying that when you have not provided one iota of evidence or proof or anything for that matter other than one line posts....yet we have provided an abundance of information for you.Again I think you are here just to derail this thread and others.Now thats over with lets stay on topic here.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Look, I'm not the one making the claim that the CFR is the eeeeevvilllll organization here. You guys are. It is the job of y'all to prove that. I'm not derailing the thread. I'm asking that you provide proof and demonstrating to everyone else that you haven't.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yes we are in a mess......I use to care about voting....Not anymore...I dont care who wins in November...They will just be more of the same...then woopie we get to do this again in another 4 years..and again..and again...each time the people get dumber.....each time I care less. This time I am going to just punch every hole on that ballot to make a mess.
As for Obama......who cares....He has zero chance of winning..big oil, the christian right, RX companies and so on will make sure of that. Too much money will be against the DNC this year...so he might as well join a club, he is going to have plenty of free time..as will hillary.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thought

Alright.......then what proof do you want then. We have provided videos which you will not watch,we have provided direct qoutes from people in high level positions of the Government including Presidents. As well as direct quotes from the Chairman of the CFR out of his own book ;out of his own mouth.What do you want?If you choose not to believe thats ok....its your right to.I am not going to be upset if you don't.I may feel a little sorry.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Honestly, I missed the CFR chairman quote, but I'm not sure if it would be anything earth-shattering anyways. Furthermore, I've already been over why all your "evidence" proves nothing. I won't repeat myself.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here's a list of about 40 quotes. If this doesn't prove to you that a secret government taking us to a NWO exists, may god have mercy on your soul. May you be the first one they line up to send to the camps.

Henry Kissinger Quotes

"Today Americans would be outraged if UN troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of well being granted to them by their world government."
-Henry Kissinger, speaking at Evian, France, May 21,
1992, Builder-burg meeting

"[The New World Order] cannot happen without U.S. participation, as we are the most significant single component. Yes, there will be a New World Order, and it will force the United States to change its perceptions."
- Henry Kissinger, World Affairs Council Press Conference, Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel , April 19th 1994

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."
- Henry A. Kissinger

"Intelligence is not all that important in the exercise of power, and is often, in point of fact, useless."
- Henry A. Kissinger

"It is an act of insanity and national humiliation to have a law prohibiting the President from ordering assassination."
- Henry A. Kissinger
Statement at a National Security Council meeting in 1975.

“I can think of no faster way to unite the American people behind George W. Bush than a terrorist attack on an American target overseas. And I believe George W. Bush will quickly unite the American people through his foreign policy.”
- Henry A. Kissinger

“Depopulation should be the highest priority of foreign policy towards the third world, because the US economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less developed countries.”
- Henry A. Kissinger

Rothschild Quotes:

"Let me issue and control the nation's money and I care not who makes her laws."
- Amschel Rothschild

"I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire. The man who controls Britain's money supply controls the British Empire and I control the British money supply."
- Nathan Rothschild

Rockefeller Quotes:

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years... It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is more sophisticated and prepared to move towards a world government now. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."
-David Rockefeller, Builder-burg meeting, June, 1991,
Baden, Germany

“We are on the verge of a global transformation all we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order"
- David Rockefeller

"It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."
- David Rockefeller

Quotes about the Rockefellers:

"The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining super capitalism and Communism under the same tent, all under their control.... Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent."
- Congressman Larry P. McDonald, 1976

"The interests behind the Bush Administration, such as the CFR, The Trilateral Commission - founded by Zbigniew Brzezinski for David Rockefeller - and the Bilderberg Group, have prepared for and are now moving to implement open world dictatorship within the next five years. They are not fighting against terrorists. They are fighting against citizens."
- Dr. Johannes B. Koeppl
Former German Defense Ministry Official and Advisor to NATO

"These international bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these papers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government"
- Theodore Roosevelt

"The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over city, state and nation. Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self created screen....At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties."
- New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, 1922

"I'm for the little fellers, not the Rockefellers."
- Senator Paul Wellstone

Others:

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible and exercise power from behind the scenes."
-Justice Felix Frankfurter, US Supreme Court Justice

"We shall have a World Government whether we like it or not. The only question is whether World Government will be achieved by conquest or consent."
-James Paul Warburg, Feb 17, 1950, before the US
Senate

"We are at present working discreetly with all our might to wrest this mysterious force called sovereignty out of the clutches of the local nation states of the world. All the time we are denying with our lips what we are doing with our hands."
-Arnold Toynbee, International Affairs, Nov. 1931,
p.809

"The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media."
-William Colby, former CIA director

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
More quotes..

"We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities, and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."
-John Swinton, New York Times editor, before the New
York Press Club, 1953

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
-Thomas Jefferson

"If ever again our nation stumbles upon unfunded paper, it shall surely be like death to our body politic. This country will crash."
-George Washington

"If the American people ever allow the banks to control issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers occupied."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Governments never do anything by accident; if government does something you can bet it was carefully planned."
-Franklin D.Roosevelt

"The high office of President has been used to format a plot to destroy the American's freedom, and before I leave office must inform the citizen of his plight."
-John F. Kennedy at Columbia University, 10 days before his assassination

"There is a chance for the President of the United States to use this disaster, to carry out...a phrase his father used I think only once and it hasn't been used since, and that is a New World Order"
- Gary Hart, Council On Foreign Relations, September 14th 2001

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"
- President Bill Clinton

"What is at stake is more than one small country, it is a big idea, a New World Order. Out of these troubled times our fifth objective a New World Order can emerge...Now we can see a new world coming into view, a world in which there is a very real prospect of a New World Order."
- George Herbert Walker Bush, September 11th 1991

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
- Adolph Hitler

"The Trilateral Commission is intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States. The Trilateral Commission represents a skillful, coordinated effort to seize control and consolidate the four centers of power--Political, Monetary, Intellectual, and Ecclesiastical."
- U.S. Senator Barry Goldwater

"We are controlled by a small group of dominant men, we have come to be the worst ruled and completely controlled government in the civilized world. Some of the biggest men in the United States are afraid of something. They know that there is a power so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it"
- President Woodrow Wilson

"There ought to be limits to freedom"
- President George Walker Bush

"This would be a hell of a lot easier if this were a dictatorship, just so long as I am the dictator."
- President George Walker Bush

“Our job is not to give the people what they want, but what we decide they ought to have.”
[Richard Salant, former President of CBS News]

"If you (Senator Wellstone) vote against the war in Iraq, the Bush administration will do whatever is necessary to get you. There will be severe ramifications for you and the state of Minnesota."
-Vice President Dick Cheney to Senator Paul Wellstone, October, 2002, just days before Wellstone's death in a suspicious airplane "accident". [Disputed Quote]

"Sarah, if the American people had ever known the truth about what we Bush’s have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched."
--- George Bush Sr. 1992 [Disputed quote]

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."
--- George W. Bush

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Gosh. None of these quotes prove anything, except perhaps that Bill Clinton was a dirtbag, a belief with which I wholeheartedly agree. These do not prove there is any kind of policy. Most of these individuals are dead or out of office. Even if they are not, an individual is just that-an individual. Their opinions do not reflect global reality.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I can't resist. I wonder if this will be viewed as off-topic - it is really not meant to be.

Thought, beware, this is NOT a point for or against you're position - just something I would like to point out - a quote from your post

Oh, and about the out-of-context quoting of Quiggley:

"Conspiracy theorists assailed Quigley for his approval of the goals (not the tactics) of the Anglo-American elite while selectively using his information and analysis as evidence for their views. Quigley himself thought that the influence of the Anglo-American elite had slowly waned after World War II and that, in American society after 1965, the problem was that no elite was in charge and acting responsibly."

It could be said that these highlights might lead to an out-of-context conclusion in and of itself. I base this on
1) If Quigley, while erudite and knowledgeable, entertains a thought regarding the issue; it does not render it into a fact - convictions aside there could be said to be an elite body that Quigley would not characterize as 'Anglo-American' in which case this statement doesn't negate the possibility that such influence is still being brought to bear against the well-being of the 'subjects of power' by elites other than those referenced as Anglo-American.

2) The latter statement could also have stressed to convey a different meaning;
"...and that, in American society after 1965, the problem was that no elite was in charge and acting responsibly." Thus making a statement that the elites that were/are in charge had 'lost their way' so to speak.

Next:

Robert Eringer's essay on Quigley is nevertheless just that - an essay. I cast no doubt of his journalistic integrity His assertion that Quigley was not a conspiracy theorist is something very expected - Quigley was a high level academician who could ill afford to be labeled as such, just look at the lengths publicly exposed people go to avoid that association - and with good reason - to be a conspiracy theorist automatically brands you as a 'loon.'

"Quigley did not like conspiracy theorists." Name one person who claims they do (other than the ATS crowd
). Do you not find it intertesting that he was indicated to have said the felt they were motivated by politics, not history, and that they misconstrued things, including his book, for their own purposes? It means that conspiracy theorists had some ulterior motive to pursue..., hmm, sounds like a conspiracy to me!
!

I offer the above only to demonstrate that there are many ways to debunk someone who is not exceedingly careful about their quotes. Sorry if that comes off as patronizing , I just found it an amusing perspective to share.

At any rate, if you really want to wax conspiratorial, consider that these 'elitists' were often referred to as people to be feared. Some might argue that Quigley was no stranger to that fear either . After all, they sure as heck made no compunctions about the importance of subterfuge and deceit in their actions.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thought
Gosh. None of these quotes prove anything, except perhaps that Bill Clinton was a dirtbag, a belief with which I wholeheartedly agree. These do not prove there is any kind of policy. Most of these individuals are dead or out of office. Even if they are not, an individual is just that-an individual. Their opinions do not reflect global reality.

There is no possible way for you to have read every single one of those quotes in the time you responded.

Mod Edit: Personal comment removed. Please remember that Courtesy Is Mandatory and Civility & Decorum are Expected. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 2/4/08 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

Awesome posts
Some of those quotes I have not seen before. Good job on the research and posting of these.

Kissinger sure does get around, has his hand(s) in every cookie jar there is (and the new cookie jars slated for production). It's amazing the quotes they make so freely, as if they are impervious to the will or law of the people-amazing.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Quite frankly, I'm not really sure where you're going with that.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

You have no idea what I can and can't do, and I reported you for your remark.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thought
reply to post by Maxmars

Quite frankly, I'm not really sure where you're going with that.

The post got pretty mangled as I was trying to format it - I think I fixed it up - but after you had responded, so if it still makes no sense sorry. I'm definitely no expert at formating quotes and such.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
When did it cease being the norm for rational people in a forum of discussion and debate to disagree politely, with civility, and with (*gasp* dare I even utter the word?) mutual magnanimity? Please dispense with statements such as "Welcome to the internet," and, "Since the dawn of time." We should be capable of rising above this. *sigh*

Meanwhile, on topic...

Being a skeptic, I have to say that while I see no proof of knowledge of a conspiracy on the part of any one candidate, there is nonetheless evidence in support of such an assertion. (Evidence isn't proof, but it cannot be dismissed either if I am to be objective.)

That said, I also maintain that it is possible that our candidates are themselves victims of institutionalized group think and mainstream educations lacking in the gravitas that we afford fringe or alternative subject matter and that, as such, they may genuinely be ignorant of what exactly their participation in such bodies might represent to those like us who dwell in that fringe more than others.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Please guy's lets keep this on a civil nature here.....we are all adults here.....I hope.The real topic of the thread is about Obama saying something that is in all respects a lie.Lets all including myself get off the topic of trying to prove if there is an NWO.that is for another discussion.....Thought perhaps you should start a thread of your own about that very subject. If the NWO even exist.ok all friends again

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I wouldn't say Obama is outright lying. Being disingenuous? Sure. However, I DO believe Obama's lying by saying he doesn't support Rev. Wright's disgusting racist ideology.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thought

Why do you think he's lying?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Whats the Number 1 Rule in Washington?
[color=484644]To get elected.

Whats the Number 2 Rule in Washington?
[color=484644]To get re-elected.

Hint: Do a Ctrl-A to see my answers...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Well he went to the bozo's church for a billion years. All while the guy was spouting that venom. Why did he keep on going?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join