It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: I don't carry a Council on Foreign Relations card or know any 'special handshake'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
David Rockefeller still claims that it is so though.

From his book: David Rockefeller: Memoirs

"For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure — one world, if you will. If that is the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thought
reply to post by TheBandit795

No, no, no, no. It's obvious that he stood by everything in that book and probably still would were he alive today. Nevertheless, I think he really felt himself to be misrepresented...he didn't like conspiracy theories or conspiracy theorists. Furthermore, if he really believed the CFR was as obscene as you claim he did, he could have done a far, far better job of standing up against it.

So by your way of thinking about this is that everyone that has been quoted as saying that the NWO and a hidden group runs policies around the world are misquoted?
or taken out of context?

Thats alot of people taken out of context or misrepresented then would you not say?

Those are words spoken directly from some of these people and many of the quote are on video.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Sure, but there is nothing inherently sinister about increased global integration.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

In the grand list of quotes, I said "these are individuals speaking their opinion". Nothing more. I said nothing about them being taken out of context. I said CQ was taken out of context, something CQ himself admitted.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if our candidates, rather than being in on a conspiracy, are simply, genuinely naive. Have they too not been, after all, raised and brought up on the mainstream belief that conspiracy theorists are nuts and goofballs? If one of them really did have our interests at heart, would they then still have the open-mindedness to investigate, consider, or buy into to such concpiracy theories - especially when their candidacy depends so heavily upon the vote of the mainstream population who likewise believe such conspiracy theories are sheer lunacy? DO we really believe that Bush, regarded by his critics as a buffoon of the highest order, is allowed to know what's really going on? Would Obama? Does Clinton? I don't know - does anyone?

That isn't my belief, per say - it's just a consideration I have yet to see anyone ponder, at least out loud.

[edit on 4/2/2008 by AceWombat04]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thought

Of course there's nothing sinister of an increased Global Integration on it's own. There is one where that Global Integration is owned and controlled by a small group of unelected individuals.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

And I would agree. Technology does, however, dictate that increased integration will happen, whether this goes towards tyranny or liberation is up to us-we must be vigilant.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Agreed. Vigilant we must be at all times.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I am not sure how they could be nieve on this in particular since many of them have mentioned the NWO in speeches or in interviews.

I think we all would love to live in a world that is a Utopian style of governing, however getting there is a whole other story.They openly say we need population reduction.......who is to make the decision who lives and who dies,who eats and who starves,who gets medical treatment and who does not,etc,etc,etc, all the while continuing to tax the hell out of you so you and yours will never ever achieve anything of value or substance all the while taking away you rights to raise your own children.

oh......forgive me......I went on a tirade there......and I have gotten off topic sorry all.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

OK, who says we need population reduction? Be specific. Use quotes, please.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

'thought' strikes me as someone who is writing a school report and needs some more information and wants us to do the legwork for 'em

Seriously though, whats up with the one line posts 'thought'? If you were really curious about what 'CaptGizmo' is talking about, I would think you would look it up..

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime"

I am not going to give you the source of that quote for your research paper 'thought', you'll have to look it up on ur own.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

I'm sorry, I'm of the school of thought that burden of proof lies on the one making the claims. So, sources?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
it was in the video by Aaron Russo when he spoke with Nick Rockefeller where he said they want population reduction from whatever our current world population is down to 5 million people. Look I agree the depopulation theory is a streach but there it is.

Here is a quote from David Rockefellers book for you:

“Some even believe we (the Rockefeller family) are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure—one world, if you will. If that’s the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”

–David Rockefeller, Memoirs, page 405

By the way David Rockefeller is or was the chairman of the CFR.

Yes and thought if you don't have a broadband connection then why are you answering the post so quickly? the last one you had to have had to read mine then write your own then upload it in 3 minutes without a broadband connection????? Im sorry 2 minutes????

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So, we have a secondhand account by Russo about ONE rich guy saying he wanted pop reduction. DR's quote has nothing to do with pop reduction.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I'm of the school of thought that burden of proof lies on the one making the claims. So, sources?

See I knew you were still in school and doing a bookreport

The source, as CaptGizmo points out, is within that video I posted (that you obviously did not watch). Thats the source. His name is Aaron Russo, if you're not going to watch the video, you're obviously not going to know what we are talking about and will remain ignorant on the topic.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

No need to watch it, Gizmo filled me in. You guys really are making a mountain out of a molehill, sorry.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thought

It looks like 'taught' 'thought' wants the information written in stone concerning population reduction...right?

Well Ok then, here it is

The Georgia Guidestones, heard of them?
It's an interesting story, read up on it. (reading is low bandwidth)

[edit on 2-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Gosh, you people have abysmally low standards for proof. Look, something some loon carved on a giant tombstone proves nothing.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Gosh, you people have abysmally low standards for proof. Look, something some loon carved on a giant tombstone proves nothing.

*cough* troll *cough*

What 'loon' are you even talking about? If you mean the guy who commissioned the guidestones, well first off, he is unknown, so if you have some proof that he is a 'loon', please provide it. Sources?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I understand this is a conspiracy site, but I have a question:

Does anyone here suppose he's spoken to and attended these clubs because that's high-ranking politicians do?

If you saw a drug dealer hanging out with more drug dealers, would you think there was a drug dealer conspiracy? I suppose it's possible, but more likely they are just hanging out with the crowd they belong to, right?

So, while I do not feel entirely secure with the idea that high-ranking officials across the world meet in private, I'm not surprised either. It almost seems expected when you look at it from that point of view.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join