It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about the truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have been looking around at all the different posts, and all that I have found is that if the truth has/ever come out, the majoriety will dismiss it. In all honesty an et could land on a camera and wiggle and most would call hoax. There is nothing wrong with this, and it is completly understandable with all the "Greer's" out there claiming to have it and not producing. The problem is that we have been spoon fed so many "truths" and hoax's that a ufo could actually land on the white house lawn and we wouldnt believe it or would find an alternet excuse. I suppose my point is that if disinfo is the game, they have won in my opinion. I am pretty sure somewhere along the lines we actually recieved the truth and just diddn't believe it. I think that it's time to re-open or minds to any and all possibilities. I genuinly believe if it can be imagined, it can be....

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ogre14t
a ufo could actually land on the white house lawn and we wouldnt believe it or would find an alternet excuse.

No, not really. A mess of wigged out tourists, protesters, reporters, etc.....ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CNN, MSNBC.....all of those outlets reporting the same breathless message and incredible video footage......most of us would probably buy that. The key is to have as many different sources and witnesses all describing the same thing. One Joe Blow with a shaky video just won't do it.

Point being....I'm willing to wager that there is in fact a level of credibility that would be accepted by most people.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Mr. Penny, I would agree with you completely, but I've seen evidence to the contrary.

Take the Battle of LA. I know I may be beating it to death, but there were over 40 newspapers that reported the event, and the LA Times had a photo of the main object that was reported caught in Army searchlights and Anti-Aircraft fire.

Some people (even with no alternate explanation, and the unwillingness to participate in the thread seeking to discover the truth) still won't acknoledge the event.

I'm just not sure there is a level anymore where the evidence reaches a threshhold or breaking point. I wish there were, but I'm not exactly sure how to have the conversation anymore!

Anyway Mr. Penny, always nice to read your thoughts, I enjoy your posts tremendously.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I bring into evidence: The battle of Los Angeles, the Pheonix lights, Roswell, and newest, Stephenville Texas. All of these had unbelievable evidence that at the very least something unexplained happened. All were observed and covered by multiple sources. Back to the White House, if a ufo landed I guarentee there would be posts claimin it was spiral advertising, A stunt, Military aircraft, and possibly even more outrageous claims. My point is, thanks to disinfo, it is near impossible to assertain the truth. We are now at a point where main stream science has accepted the extreame possibility of ufo's while a large part of the ufo community is the first to dismiss a sighting. I think we all just need to calm down, and open our eyes and our minds. I admit I too am 1 to call hoax at extrodinary claims such as Issac caret and others. I have a hard time believing that people meditate and talk to ET or that ET is going to trust their mission on earth to some random person. But on the other hand, is it possible? I believe anything is.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The battle of Los Angeles, the Pheonix lights, Roswell, and newest, Stephenville Texas. All of these had unbelievable evidence

if you'd like to show me the "unbelievable evidence" i would be very gratefull.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Please Yeti101, I've showed you 7 pages of evidence.
Let's not pretend we're not informed.

If you want to debunk it, step up and let's hear your arguments.
But don't act like you haven't been directed to the information.
You have. I'm not sure about many others, but I'm sure about you.

Without your initial request, I never would have made the BOLA thread.
But I did. It took a whole heck of a lot of investigation, and it isn't finished yet.

How about examining that evidence (all 7 pages in context please) before asking someone else to compile it all for you again.

There is clearly enough there to go on.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
"All of these had unbelievable evidence that at the very least something unexplained happened." Now re-reading this, I never stated that any of these events were ET. The honest fact of the matter is we don't know. They were all, however, unexplained or poorly explained events witnessed by many, reported by many, and to this day researched by many. The FACTS of the UFO phenomenom, is that something is happening. Something that we don't have all the facts for. If you wish to see the FACTS, I can show you a plethera of pictures and video of lights. Again, I am not by any means concluding on what they all are, but they do suggest that they are something. That being said, all you are doing is proving my case. Whom ever is behind disinformation has won. We are so skeptical at this point, that I believe the only way ET can be proven to be here/visiting/whatever, is for an actual ET to sit down and do a press confrence or knock on every door and start shaking hands. I am starting to feel this this threadcloley resembles beating your head into a wall over and over again, so I will stress again why I wrote it. The point of all of this is the fact that ANYTHING may very well be possible, and I feel we should attempt to let go of all the disinfo and pile of hoax's we have been fed and just simply look at the question: Could it be? I believe yes, and that is enough for me.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I bring into evidence: The battle of Los Angeles, the Pheonix lights, Roswell, and newest, Stephenville Texas. All of these had unbelievable evidence that at the very least something unexplained happened.

Something unexplained does not mean something alien.

I take the role of the skeptic even though I actually do believe. Why? Because I need to have undeniable evidence which is corroborated by at least 3 sources before I think something is proven.

If I was whisked away in an alien craft and probed for weeks, then suddenly returned to earth, the only person my story is credible to is still me. That doesn't prove anything to anyone else. (Not that that's ever happened, and it probably won't anyways.)

The truth about the truth is that it's still relative, no matter what it is.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

I get the impression, that many people do not bother to read an entire post before replying. I actually stated that sighting don't necessarily lead to ET, all it means is their unexplained.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by kelbtalfenek

I get the impression, that many people do not bother to read an entire post before replying. I actually stated that sighting don't necessarily lead to ET, all it means is their unexplained.

I understand what you mean and I did read the entire post.

But the very nature of "unexplained" means that there are no plausible conclusions...so are you saying that the truth is "inconclusive?"

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

In all honesty an et could land on a camera and wiggle and most would call hoax.

Hah! I was watching a movie with Dan Akroyd and he said to John Candy, "You wouldn't know a good time if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle." Made me laugh. The Great Outdoors.

As for the the topic of the thread. I would certainly agree that any obvious UFO will always be excused or dismissed as terrestrial unless the time is right to reveal it. I think until we truly see an ET on live television or through other various means (face-to-face etc.) that it will always be "debunked" or dismissed. Someone is always an "expert" at whatever "craft" and their "expertise" clearly qualifies them to make statements as truths that denounce the evidence in question. The same thing happens both ways. Some "experts" say that billy meier's "artifacts" are real. Other say, "No, they are not." Who needs an expert to say that Billy Meier takes pictures of clay Gumby dinosaurs off of the TV and of pterodactyls from picture books. (Didn't he put rhinestones on a "flying saucer" also?). That's beside the point, I guess. I lost my train of thought.

Ah, yes. Anything is possible and that's why things that may be real get explained away with shoddy explanations. Who the heck KNOWS what's real and what's possible? Not me.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The problem is that we have been spoon fed so many "truths" and hoax's that a ufo could actually land on the white house lawn and we wouldnt believe it or would find an alternet excuse.

Nope. If you saw alien spaceship landing in front of the White House, broadcasted by all the major world networks, it would most likely be a definite proof of them visitng us.

I say "most likely" as it's still possible for hackers to hack into some TV station and create CGI hoax. But, in case of many TV stations broadcasting something at the same time, it would be almost impossible to fake it.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Breadfan]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

short of ET getting out of the craft and waving, plenty of people, probably the Government as well, would claim it is ours.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I gave up trying to convince others a long time ago, there have been threads around for a while now saying that any alien invasion is just a false flag attempt by the US government, so even if they did land and wiggle that will be the next big excuse, ITS A GOVERNMENT EVENT.

No matter what someone will always do anything to knock it down, as one poster said show them the evidence, even though the other poster said they have shown them 7 pages, that just shows they are not interested in the evidence at all, they just will never admit that there maybe something and im not saying ET, UFO does not mean ET.

Those of us who have seen for ourselves want to share yes of course we do, but not at the expense of our dignity, so now i share and don't care, i have nothing to prove to anyone about anything, what i saw can not be explained and i can live with that, ive said it before i think they are so scared of ET they live in denial, even though it could mean world peace and an end to most deadly diseases, then again it could also mean boiled human stew.

new topics

top topics

join