It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Conspiracy Theories 'Ridiculous,' Al Qaeda Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

If you could see it, would you promote this behaviour?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I know.

I was trying to continue the april fools joke for the whole day, but no.

Ease up, it was a funny joke-even we tin-hat wearer's need humor once in a while.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Sorry dude, it's too elaborate for my liking.

There isn't even a hint of a subtle touch.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

For what it's worth, I am sorry you didn't get it and don't find it funny.

I hope, now that you know, you can laugh it off.

[edit on 4/1/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Oh, i enjoyed it on a basic, almost primitive level.

To be blunt, it seems like the level of humour a little schoolgirl would giggle about and then replicate it in some way to use it on her friends.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

If I want to be less stressed, I won't concern myself with the advice of people who can't take a joke. I actually experienced less stress when I viewed this clip, so I decided to share that personal feeling with others, knowing that those who may be offended by it you could choose simply not to watch it.

*cough*

You assume i can't take a joke because i might have views and opinions to the contrary of your own?

It sounds almost as if you're making me out to be some vapid whore of society who can only get by making moral distinctions based on a black & white mentality.

Well i assure you sir, you are wrong.

I would also advise you to take a melon and shove it up your ass, but i don't think you'll pay any attention to someone who "can't take a joke".

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
AND HIS POST DISAPPEARS!

OH WHAT WONDERFUL MYSTERY IS THIS?!

edit; for those of you casting suspicion - i could not actually quote his post for some reason.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Before I even read what you just wrote I didn't mean to post that reply, which is why it has been deleted. I wrote it and then realized I was getting worked up about you getting worked up, which was pretty stupid. I hit save reply as draft (i do this for anything i write but don't post), but for some reason it posted it.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Please explain how i was getting 'worked up'.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Please explain to me why it's nessecary to remind people constantly that it's April Fool's if they decide not to act within the confines of your own decision on how people should act in this thread.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

because you seem to be not getting it was an april fools joke.

It was nothing to get upset over, atleast not once you realized it was a joke.

BTW:

"I would also advise you to take a melon and shove it up your ass, but i don't think you'll pay any attention to someone who "can't take a joke". "

That was a personal attack and against TAC.

Mods, PLEASE deal with that.

:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Oh, i knew it was an april fool's joke the moment i opened the thread and read the opening paragraph, no doubt about that.

Like i said, it wasn't very subtle.

p.s; the mods will deal with it in their own time - no need to rush things, or do you have things to do, people to see?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Wow. Get a sense of humor.

It's one thing to be upset about a satirical point of view on a serious topic, but to continue to endlessly defend your position and almost make it seem as if the humor does not get to you because you are somehow above it only makes you seem like you are rambling and only ruins the joke for everyone else.

I mean, people go to the link, and may think it's humorous, but then when they read your ranting, it's spoiled.

Just drop it. We get it. You don't think it's funny. Move on.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

And now we get to the root of the matter*, if someone would permit me to strike we would also be able to avoid the rather unpleasantness that would come from me striking.

And i assure, it will be messy.

*Hmm, rather - you have provided me an excuse to strike at the root.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
OK, Fine - some people don't like it.

I do - a nice little satire and funny to boot.

Nice one OP - I enjoyed that.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Apparently the mod didn't get it either. Which means he beat me by 2 mins on my post of saying the same thing..

Then goes on to tell the person that the site is a fake organization.

Ahhh funny you pick me to flame out of this when 2 of us stated the same thing just 2 mins apart.. meaning neither of us see each others post cause we were making our own.

Anyway so what, I am a dry, boring, nonhumorus person.. I deal with it on a daily basis so therefor you should.. This thread went from April fools to something stupid.. Now lets get back at hand..

Bin Laden's crew making fun of CT crap that is a joke.. look at the video which I found boring but eh... that's the good thing about human nature.. some of us can be asses. Then again some of us think some things aren't ment to be fun of..

EXP: Bush making fun of the people dying in Iraq looking for WMD's .

[edit on 4/1/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
reply to post by Parabol

Please explain how i was getting 'worked up'.

Ok.

Originally posted by Throbber
reply to post by Parabol

Ah yes, April Fool's day - another excuse for loudmouths to be loudmouths.

Calling me a loudmouth.

If you want to be less stressed, i suggest you try to hunt down the true inner cause of your stress instead of searching for short-term remedies in the form of practical jokes.

Implying that my attempt at humor was rooted in a personal weakness I have yet to remedy.

And trust me on this - it doesn't matter what the practical joke is; Someone, somewhere, has shed a tear because of this.

Stating that any practical joke can make someone, somewhere cry. As if I'm responsible for the way another person interprets something. You said it yourself, it wasn't "subtle", if you felt you were going to be offended to the point of crying before watching a video from a well known satirical website then you had the choice to avoid it. I'm supposed to blatantly "trust" that this is true?

Perhaps it's because you're making light at something that has molded the early stages of the 21st century into a farce.

America does not equal the world. Yes, enormous impact, but it's possible to make fun of something for a moment without giving up your beliefs or feelings about it. We can separate emotions.

I would say you were getting worked up.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just a reminder...

» Jokes, Puns, & Pranks » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories 'Ridiculous,' Al Qaeda Says » Post Reply

on BTS.

It's not about each other's character and or person, folks.

This thread has long since been moved to a proper venue, so I would ask that you Please refrain from further commentary or responses which do not pertain to the topic of discussion.

» Jokes, Puns, & Pranks » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories 'Ridiculous,' Al Qaeda Says » Post Reply

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join